• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So I was playing F4A For Glory as Lucina a couple a minutes ago, and the most hilarious thing happened. I won KOing them with 9 stocks, and 0 Deaths, and they raged quit immediately, I feel kind of bad now, but it sure was hilarious.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
You'll never guess who I unlocked first. Hint: I played Marth in Classic first.

I'm decent with Lucina, but I'm better with a couple other characters more, so she'll likely be a secondary rather than a primary to me. I still adore her, though, and I still use her a lot as well as make a COM her in team battles so she can team up with me.

The mask taunt still kind of irks me, though. You can barely see the mask if you don't pause on the 3DS! I seriously wish we could just wear it.

Oh, and on the unique victory quotes when someone says something to someone specific- I love how everyone is kind of a jerk except :4robinm:, even :4robinf:. Especially :4robinf:.

Last edited:

Hunter Nightblood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
kah0922

I'm decent with Lucina, but I'm better with a couple other characters more, so she'll likely be a secondary rather than a primary to me. I still adore her, though, and I still use her a lot as well as make a COM her in team battles so she can team up with me.

The mask taunt still kind of irks me, though. You can barely see the mask if you don't pause on the 3DS! I seriously wish we could just wear it.

Oh, and on the unique victory quotes when someone says something to someone specific- I love how everyone is kind of a jerk except :4robinm:, even :4robinf:. Especially :4robinf:.
Yes, Female Robin's quote is really jerkish compared to the other characters.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

The theory that M!Morgan is more like M!Robin while F!Morgan is more like F!Robin continues to have evidence.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I find it weird that as soon as I picked up Lucina, I instantly liked her, very reminiscent of Roy in Melee, with the sword mechanic, while I really don't like Marth, I don't know why, I can play with Marth and do decent, but I have a better grasp and technique with Lucy.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Actually, it's because our younger brother got on our parent's bad side and threw him under the bus for no reason at all. The young one was being a brat and annoying the middle brother by going into his room continuously, and then when our father walked into the middle brother's room and found the little one in there, he grounded both of them. I get the whole "parents know best" thing, but they can be incredibly unfair at times. Keep in mind that my middle brother is a 17 year old getting grounded because a 13 year old was being a pest. Our parents typically abide by the "if one person screws up, you all are punished for letting it happen" policy. I'm glad that I'm at college right now.
Well that does suck. That's why it's so important for parents to model justice. I feel bad for everyone in that situation. Everyone loses, even your parents...

edit: I was catching up on the thread.

I don't see a point in closing this thread. Who cares who the OP is? Threads like this are just catch-all conversation about the character. At best it can be used for general Q&A. I say leave it. It isn't hurting anyone.

I will say that the fanfiction needs to stay hidden, though. That's a few too many steps removed from the actual game.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Well, I've been playing local multiplayer a lot (and later today too hehe), playing with Lucina feels so natural and swift... If you want to rushdown there's no problem, if you need to spacing there's no problem... The aerials are good for edgeguarding and the Smash Attacks are great for KO's... Shield Breaker! it's golden with SH in the FFA :grin:

A little more of practice and if my wifi handles it I'll play online...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That counter is godlike in doubles. Just rush in and use it and you're almost guaranteed to hit something.

Just use it sparingly lest they catch on.

Shaymikyu

That Counter is incredible. It's the reason Lucina took me a few tries to get unlocked.

The one who took the longest was R.O.B. of all characters, though. He beat me TWICE with Robin and I finally exacted vengeance on him by beating him with Duck Hunt. R.O.B. is practically a different character than from in Brawl, I swear.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
For me, Lucina vas the thoughest to unlock... Fortunately was in the first attempt but there was a moment where I had 75% and totally afraid of a counter, the platforms of Arena Ferox helped and with a USmash finally beat her...

ROB was also difficult, I was playing with Zelda, so spamming Din's Fire and Phantom Slash in panic worked well hehe

Dark Pit killed my Zero Suit Samus with a Electroshock Arm u.u, but the revenge was great, UpB to star KO

Shaymikyu

Dark Pit was the one I feared the most since I always had trouble fighting Pit in Brawl, but he wasn't that hard for me after all.

Jigglypuff was probably the easiest, though I seem to recall someone just basically taking themselves out, but I can't remember who. I think it might have been :4gaw: or :4ganondorf: (because of the bridge).

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
:4ganondorf: was the only one that I lost to, an that's because I used the wrong move and sent Shulk plummeting off the ledge with Back Slash.

Shaymikyu

I had to try almost everyone twice, but fortunately, all you have to do is fight one Vs. Match to try again.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Yep, this thread will close, but not yet.

As soon as I'm done with my banner (or 5 people pm their profiles), I'll ask.
I'll make a new one, add in the banner and forum rules, tag it as a social (i can do that, right?), and we're good from here on.

Also, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I'm ready for ya.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yep, this thread will close, but not yet.

As soon as I'm done with my banner (or 5 people pm their profiles), I'll ask.
I'll make a new one, add in the banner and forum rules, tag it as a social (i can do that, right?), and we're good from here on.

Also, @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I'm ready for ya.
Add my FC, I'm going for my 3DS.

I've added yours.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh, I was trembling so fast that I accidentally skipped the results screen that first match.

I'll acknowledge that you won the first one when uploaded.

And yes, I caught the second one.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
How are you guys liking Lucina so far? For those who have the game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think...I can't check now though.

LOL Vinyl that last one. Last one for me before I sign off.

Dat advantage. Ggs.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
She's good, probably my best character so far, though I'm starting to improve with Robin quickly the more I play him. That Counter is a beast in this game. I seem to be doing better with Lucina than Marth - I'm not bad at landing tippers, she just seems the more consistent of the pair.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Any match in particular you want barring the first one(which I accidentally skipped)?

Shaymikyu

I'm still working out my top 5, but the ones in my sig (if they aren't visible- Robin, Duck Hunt, Pauletena, Shulk, and Lucina) are all ones I'm considering my best so far. I really love Lucina, more than Marth even. Maybe it's a mental thing, but I feel like her Dancing Blade connects more than Marth's, too. She's my fifth or fourth best, depending on how I decide she compares with Shulk. I need to do a Classic run with Pauletena and an All-Star run with all of them (already did Robin) to decide completely, though. After doing Classic with Shulk, I'm leaning toward Robin>Duck Hunt>Lucina>Shulk with Pauletena either between Robin and Duck Hunt or Duck Hunt and Lucina.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm still working out my top 5, but the ones in my sig (if they aren't visible- Robin, Duck Hunt, Pauletena, Shulk, and Lucina) are all ones I'm considering my best so far. I really love Lucina, more than Marth even. Maybe it's a mental thing, but I feel like her Dancing Blade connects more than Marth's, too. She's my fifth or fourth best, depending on how I decide she compares with Shulk. I need to do a Classic run with Pauletena and an All-Star run with all of them (already did Robin) to decide completely, though. After doing Classic with Shulk, I'm leaning toward Robin>Duck Hunt>Lucina>Shulk with Pauletena either between Robin and Duck Hunt or Duck Hunt and Lucina.
Pauletena.

GRAAAMMMMAAAAR NAAAAAZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIII

Also, @ Vinylic. Vinylic. ,just in case you didn't see the question, any match in particular?

Shaymikyu

Pauletena.

GRAAAMMMMAAAAR NAAAAAZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIII

Also, @ Vinylic. Vinylic. ,just in case you didn't see the question, any match in particular?
I'm considering her for my main and I can't even spell her name right.:psycho: Palutena. I will drill it into my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom