• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofna01

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1134-9609-8501
Hate to say it, but I'm 98% sure she's a clone. All of her attacks were Marths, even her idle animation.

1:54: Marth's Uair
1:55: Marth's Side-b dtilt variation
1:58: Marth's nair
1:59: Marth's Idle Animation
2:00: Marth's Up-b
2:10: Marth's Dash Attack

As you can see, EVERY move Lucina performs is from Marths moveset.
Now, I don't know if it's temporary, but from what I've seen in the trailer, Lucina is a Marth clone, like PM's Roy.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
Oh my goodness, this is amazing news! Lucina AND Robin! This is so wonderful I could explode with happiness! Rejoice, everyone! Rejoice! And also...

SHE GETS THE MASK!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I think we can all agree that it's super ****ing unclear right now what Lucina and Chrom are exactly, but congratulations anyways!
Chrom is NOT playable, and is only part of Robin's final smash.

Lucina is either a clone (which Sakurai stated he doesn't want more of), or a very special Alt for Marth. Which I believe the latter.

Also you suck Gematsu Leak, lick my boots.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
OMG!!!! Yes!
*jumps up and down and squeals*
I never expressed how much I wanted her because I thought Chrom was pretty much a done deal, and I was okay with that. However, I really wanted her OVER Chrom, and I can't believe it actually happened!
I'm so happy! ^_^

Spire

III
BRoomer
Is Lucina an adapted Roy? She doesn't get a newcomer rectangular box on the official website like every other newcomer. Charizard and Greninja debuted in the same trailer, each getting freeze-frame intro titles, while the former ended up with a square and the latter a rectangle. Lucina only gets a square (though is stated to be a newcomer on her page), while Robin gets a rectangle.

Her stance is similar to Roy—I'm banking on her being a successor in gameplay.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Lucina is said to NOT be a clone, but cmon! They have the exact same special moves and everything@

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Surprised to see Chrom not in, Gematsu must be really dated information. (I stilll don't think it's fake after it predicted Wii Fit Trainer)

Lucina doesn't use a single unique move in the trailer, so she's probably a clone of Marth unfortunately

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Chrom is NOT playable, and is only part of Robin's final smash.

Lucina is either a clone (which Sakurai stated he doesn't want more of), or a very special Alt for Marth. Which I believe the latter.

Also you suck Gematsu Leak, lick my boots.
Pretty sure she is a separate newcomer.She is listed as such on the official site.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
I think we can all agree that it's super ****ing unclear right now what Lucina and Chrom are exactly, but congratulations anyways!
It seemed relatively clear that Chrom is part of Robin's Final Smash. But Lucina is up in the air, could be a Semi-Clone, Clone, or Alt Costume with different model and voice acting.
My bet is Semi-Clone.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Pretty sure she is a separate newcomer.She is listed as such on the official site.
However she has a box instead of a rectangle. Something is clearly different with her. She has the exact same moves as Marth, so she is either a Clone or an Alt.

Also, maybe she could be "Roy"? As in she is actually a veteran who uses Roy's moveset?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Clone, alt skin or not, I honestly don't care; I'm ecstatic either way! :D It would be nice to get some confirmation, though.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Clone, alt skin or not, I honestly don't care; I'm ecstatic either way! :D It would be nice to get some confirmation, though!
I agree, I liked her in the game. But not to a Waifu level, that belongs to my beloved Tharja.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
However she has a box instead of a rectangle. Something is clearly different with her. She has the exact same moves as Marth, so she is either a Clone or an Alt.

Also, maybe she could be "Roy"? As in she is actually a veteran who uses Roy's moveset?
Okay, my apologies... I misread the post you made. I was excited, and the forum's problems in loading and displaying at the moment was only making me even less rational.

She IS a separate character, but she probably also is a clone to some extent. But she is not an alt. I don't understand why she is displayed that way, but she is said to be a 'newcomer'.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Just checked the mobile version of the site - she has a Newcomer box just like every other confirmed Newcomer. Charizard, by comparison, doesn't. I'd like for her to have her own character selection box but I'm just glad she's playable! :)

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I wanted Lucina or Chrom so I'm not too bummed but I'm worried that Lucina is just a clone/alt. Oh well.

Xafer2468

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xafer2468
At the end of the trailer with marth, ike, robin, and lucina all together, is lucina doing counter?
Also, i was really hoping her nair would be that spinning blade thing :/

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
YES GUYS WE DID IT!

I really don't even care that she's a likely clone I'm just glad she's here.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It says 'Newcomer' on Lucinas page if you click her. And she didn't get art because she's already featured on Robin's art. She won't be an alt.
And congrats guys!

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I need to know if she's a special alt as well. If she is, Sakurai has done one hell of a job making her an alt for Marth. Most games like SF or Tekken just give them another characters clothes

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Are we going to get a sub forum too? Considering she's considered a seperate character by Sakurai, I think she should.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congratulations, people. She's a costume for Marth, but it is better than nothing.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
In the banner for her reveal, it says "Lucina Wakes her Blade?!"...The question mark kind of hints at her being a clone in my opinion. Plus, Robin clearly had the focus for the trailer. And, on the website, the art is by Robin, and she doesn't have "newcomer" by her.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yes, Lucina is a clone of Marth, like how Roy was in Melee. She is very likely to have her own hitbox properties that differ from Marth though. She also has several custom animations (her mask and that one image on the website.)

Whomever is doing the subforum creation should make one for her, as the Melee clones have their own. @Warchamp7

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I wanted Lucina or Chrom so I'm not too bummed but I'm worried that Lucina is just a clone/alt. Oh well.
I'm bummed that Chrom is seemingly not in (still kinda holding out hope that he can be an eloborate alt costumer for Lucina since he already has a pretty good model in the game) but I'm in the same boat. Lucina was always pretty close to Chrom with how happy I'd be to get one of them. I can live with Lucina and Laura Bailey's sweet voice. Just glad we didn't only get Robin, seeing him in action did nothing to change my opinion that a generic tactician Robin kills everything I liked about the character.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Are we going to get a sub forum too? Considering she's considered a seperate character by Sakurai, I think she should.
If we click on her 'profile' on the website, she is clearly marked as a newcomer. I don't know why she is listed differently otherwise, but that enough should give her her own section on this forum.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Seems to be very likely that she's a clone to an uncertain degree, then, which I'm very happy for! Marth's kit has always been really fun and so any slight variation of it will no doubt be fun as well. :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Where is her Thread at.
Captain Falcon and Robin's are there, where be the Lucina.
Get to it. :U

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Yes, Lucina is a clone of Marth, like how Roy was in Melee. She is very likely to have her own hitbox properties that differ from Marth though. She also has several custom animations (her mask and that one image on the website.)

Whomever is doing the subforum creation should make one for her, as the Melee clones have their own. @Warchamp7
Agreed. Zero reason she shouldn't especially when the official site lists her as a newcomer seperate to Marth.

Steelia

Smash Champion
She didn't get the big fancy rectangle box like Robin on the main page, but...

lucinaisnewcomer.png

she's a Newcomer. Yeah, I was confused for a bit too.

also speeded, Crashboard lag johns

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that her moveset may very well be unfinished (grasping at straws somewhat, but it's true). She definitely needs her own subforum.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad that Lucina is here as well ! In my opinion she's an alt.

I need to know if she's a special alt as well. If she is, Sakurai has done one hell of a job making her an alt for Marth. Most games like SF or Tekken just give them another characters clothes
Actually, in Tekken 3, Eddy Gordo had a "Tiger" alt, a completely different character with the same moveset. Tekken's developer are also developing Smash 4, and thus, this "special alt" thing may be plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom