• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
I usually just use Rotten Boxes at The Arena, it's quick and you can probably solo everything with one character if you wanted...if their stats are sufficient enough, which sounds like they are.

Good for building relationships too.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm at a pretty annoying stage with my grinding where my characters get 8 XP per kill, they only have one stat left to max and their growth rate for that stat is ~30%. I once got 2 Mag upgrades for Dark Flier Lucina in 20 levels. :p
Easy fix. Lost bloodlines 3 gives you paragon, which doubles experience gain. Take chrom and unit you want to train, pair them up, and set them on the fort. Make sure unit has paragon. Turn off animations and turn skip actions on. Rinse, repeat. You can get anywhere from 5 to 10 levels a run. Good for mid to high level grinding. Exp map is really only good for low level.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Or use the DLC for it grind for EXP lol.
That's what I do, but it isn't necessarily fast. Usually, once they're strong enough, I go to the... I forget the name, but it's the one where the reward is Seliph and Paragon (skill that gives x2 exp). Pair one unit with a flier and send them left over the river, as far up and left as they can go. You won't be able to kill anyone due to range, but that's fine. That enemy turn you'll take out half of them and then next enemy turn you'll take out the rest.

Have another unit at the top of the map and pair with whoever has the highest movement (I usually use a Paladin or the like), and have them go directly East to face... I think it's Marth's group, but young Tiki is there if I recall. Either way, it's the top right group. That enemy phase will wipe them out as long as you position properly. If not, take it out and proceed. Either way, then go South and take that group out. You might be able to kill something if they happened to walk into your path, but I wouldn't count on it. No kills that enemy turn, or maybe just 1-2 at most. Next turn, go the rest of the way south to intercept the rest of the group and they'll be wiped out that enemy turn.

This just leaves the two horseback healers. Anyone can kill them for massive exp (if they're low level, but not so low they can't hit the 13-17 def) because they can't fight back.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Do Thief enemies give more experience when you kill them or am I imagining things?

Because I always get a lot more EXP from them, so I always play the SpotPass maps with more Thieves/Assassins.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I don't think this is her stage entrance, but my reasoning is also flawed. :p My assumption is that these pictures were taken using an in-game snapshot feature a la Brawl, and given that we've never been able to pause until the countdown has finished, it wouldn't be possible for the game to be paused during entrance animations and therefore a snapshot couldn't be taken.
No need to point out that there are numerous reasons why this isn't a solid conclusion. :p It's just a thought. I'm expecting it to be a taunt in one way or another.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I don't have the DLC...
It's so worth it, in my opinion.

It's pretty cheap. 2.50 I think. All the DLC is worth it IMO.

Edit: on R&R 3, I don't recommend using it for grinding when playing on Lunatic. You pretty much need maxed stat characters to take it on in the first place.
R&R3 is only for max stat characters who're trying to get a specific stat up. Like trying to max out Chrom's MAG, even though it doesn't matter. It just feels perfect to have every stat maxed. And you'll get Limit Breaker on the way.

I think Lost Bloodlines 3 is the best leveling map though since it has a lot of NPCs which aren't strong.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about "all", but at least half of it is worth it. The ones I didn't buy:

Lost Bloodlines 1
Smash Brethren 1
Smash Brethren 3 (this one could be worth it, I just didn't feel so)
Rogues and Redeemers 1
Rogues and Redeemers 2

These did not offer anything beyond a character card, except Smash Brethren 3. I just didn't feel the skill scroll was worth the price on that one, but some may love it since the character card is Lyn. Others I haven't bought and probably won't but that do offer things:

Death's Embrace (challenge)
Five-Anna Firefight (challenge)
Roster Rescue (challenge)
Harvest Scramble (conversations)
Summer Scramble (conversations)

Bought all the rest and haven't really regretted it. Now that they're all out, I'd probably suggest skipping Champions of Yore 1 and 2, since Exponential Growth is better for grinding anything but a staff only class. But those two were gold before it came out. Not sure if I'd go for Infinite Regalia again or not, since Brave Weapons are so amazing.

Still about 50% are completely worth it, no questions asked.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I don't want to get R&R because I don't want Limit Breaker. I've been grinding for long enough, dammit! :p

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I really like how the power in Lucina's sword is balanced throughout the entire blade instead of focused on a particular spot. I was worried she would be like Roy, in that her sweetspot would be near the hilt of her blade. That is specifically why I was never good with Roy in Melee. Also, it seems Lucina is faster than Marth, which I like.

Now, I am just hoping she has better aerial game than Marth apparently has.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Yeah tbh, I wish they hadn't included Limit Breaker. It just takes away a skill slot and thus limiting creative combos.

For Apotheosis, it's possible to win without DLC skills though. But you're very limited to your character choices, but of course you'll need Lucina since she has Dual Strike +, and yes, that is an important skill.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I don't think this is her stage entrance, but my reasoning is also flawed. :p My assumption is that these pictures were taken using an in-game snapshot feature a la Brawl, and given that we've never been able to pause until the countdown has finished, it wouldn't be possible for the game to be paused during entrance animations and therefore a snapshot couldn't be taken.
No need to point out that there are numerous reasons why this isn't a solid conclusion. :p It's just a thought. I'm expecting it to be a taunt in one way or another.
We saw Falcon's entrance via sceeenshot just yesterday.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I do plan on maining her. :) In the meantime, I'm going to play some Brawl Marth to get a grasp of his kit. Historically I've been terrible with him but I've never really put in the effort to learn him. :p

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
The main kids I like are Lucina, Owain, Severa, Cynthia, and Morgan (F). Three of five are heavily featured in the Spa Scramble (or whatever its official name is), which is why I went with that one (plus to get Seeds of Truth). Didn't feel the other two were worth the money.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Glad to see Lucina in the game, she was my original pick for an awakening rep.
After the Sal rumour I began accepting chrom and kinda gave up on the dream.
Sakurai has tought me to never give up the dream and never abandon your hope.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If Lucina remains a prominent Fire Emblem figure, she won't be cut, and even if she isn't featured in too many games between now and then she probably won't be cut. She will most likely be Luigi-fied or something along those lines.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Everyone thinks Lucina will be cut ssb5 :(
I don't...
It's too soon to talk about Smash 5...tell that to anyone who told you that, and remind them of Toon Link + Lucario.

In fact, I'm calling it: Lucina will completely replace Marth in popularity and reduce Marth to Kellam status Smash 4. You know, because QTFemaleBetterEnglish...yeah.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
They could just make her an alt model in the next game for Marth "proper"? But yeah, really against speculating about smash 5, lol. That's going to likely be at least 6 years away.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
A little disappointed that Lucina was chosen over Roy.

But anyways, Lucy will have serious secondary potential, since I love Roy's playstyle. Several characters already have priority, such as Charizard and Robin.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Does Lucina show that Roy wasn't really planned for Brawl, but is just extra data or no? I really would think that anyone cut from Melee and in that data would've been in the game, but now unless Roy has a brand new move set I don't think he will be back. His chances are smaller than 1% I think.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think that Lucina is actually unfinished right now.
Lucina is definitely going to be entirely cloned from Marth (or maybe not) but I doubt her idle animations are going to be left unchanged.

Even Roy has a different pose than Marth, so I expect Lucina's to be unique too. Also, the pose she shares with Marth involving her putting her hand over her chest is probably going to change too.
In her animation, unlike Marth, she doesn't actually even come close to putting her hand on her chest, just sort of hovers over it, so it looks like they just ported over the animation, and I doubt they would leave that visual glitch if they intended it to stay/if the animation is polished.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
It's odd that they'd specifically show off unfinished animations in her reveal trailer, but I do expect work to be done on her between now and release. Honestly, I'd rather they touch up those idle animations rather than work on her moveset at this point. :p

fe_wander

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely hoping to. I've never been very good with Marth but I think that may be because of the whole tipping mechanic, so I like that that's changed.

Wasn't good with Fox in Melee but I loved Falco, so hopefully I have the same experience with Lucina, because she's who I wanted most!

Also she's totally who my avatar marries in Awakening, so it's kinda a must

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Well, it already seems that they are doing her own set of taunts and different animations for her counter move already so I think some of these animations might have been place holders for some....or just the finished animations

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I can just see a whole bunch of Robin x Lucina shippers playing 2v2s all day with the two of them on the same team on Arena Ferox. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom