• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Palettes & Final Smash

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
But she's a Marth costume; she can't have her own costume(s)!

Provided that Lucina isn't an alternate costume (which I think is more likely specifically due to her own page and mobile "Newcomer" tag), Kimono Lucina looks gorgeous and would look great if it can be implemented somehow. Masked Marth kind of seems pointless in my opinion since it's apparently part of one of Lucina's taunts and the mask isn't that visually striking enough to warrant being restricted to a costume change (compared to something like Little Mac's training outfit alternate costume).. If Lucina has to be present, I'd prefer that she just don the mask for a Final Smash or something (since she's primarily known for being Fake!Marth).
(Inb4 Marth actually has an alternate costume that features Lucina's mask, while Lucina doesn't). :laugh:

As for color changes/palette swaps, I expect most of Lucina's choices will just be based on/similar to whatever Marth has, with one or two differences for variety's sake.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Since she's from Awakening, she should have the same doubles Final Smash as Robin, except that Lucina replaces Chrom and Robin is replaced by Tharja.

Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Since she's from Awakening, she should have the same doubles Final Smash as Robin, except that Lucina replaces Chrom and Robin is replaced by Tharja.

Yeah, i also think it will be the same as robin

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While the Mask and her Kimono costumes seems likely, having costumes composed of other characters that only affects her clothing would be interesting. For example, Cardelia, Tiki, and Anna would be amazing costumes for her to wear. Again, I'm not suggesting an entire reskin (like the notion of a Marth alt of Lucina) but just wearing that characters clothing.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
While the Mask and her Kimono costumes seems likely, having costumes composed of other characters that only affects her clothing would be interesting. For example, Cardelia, Tiki, and Anna would be amazing costumes for her to wear. Again, I'm not suggesting an entire reskin (like the notion of a Marth alt of Lucina) but just wearing that characters clothing.
Oh my God, an Anna tinted Lucina would be amazing! Sure it's not Anna entirely but it beats having to make an Anna Mii Fighter.

Can we have Lucina in the Cleric dress? It's mad cute!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
It's pretty out there but how about this outfit from the official sound track?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Hmm... well, it'd be cool if it was a bit like Lati@s/Kat and Anna from Brawl, but each time the character streaked across the screen it was a different second gen character. Or she just tag teams with Owain.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Guys, this is Lucina, from Waifu Emblem

This is the only correct choice

Though Id be just fine with a masked alt and Great Lord

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Her pose made me think "Saber", and then her outfit made me think either "Saber Lily" or "Saber Extra CCC".

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Masked Marth, so she can remove her Mask in her introduction to reveal ANOTHER MASK!

Also, why not just Marth for the LOLs

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Since Robin is already using pair up in his final smash, I think that Lucina will get something different. I like the idea of her using the Awakening.

Something tells me this image is a sign of her FS:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
If her normal intro is removing the mask, and she gets a masked alternate, it'd be pretty neat if that intro was her arriving normally and putting ON the mask.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'd love an Anna-themed pallete swap. It'd also be great if she had a costume that featured armour, as seen in her Great Lord design.

I think the best way to implement the mask is to have a taunt that equips it and unequips it... but I also think that's wishful thinking. :p

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
If that picture isn't of her final smash, what else could it be? I certainly hope it is. If she has Marth's final smash, I think it's safe to assume that quite literally everyone would be disappointed.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Almost certain: Masked Lucina
Possible: Great Lord Lucina.
Hilarious: Anime filler episode (kimono) Lucina, Bride "queen of waifukids" Lucina.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Great Lord outfit is the one that fits best for battle, the mask could work but it's a bit too subtle for an entire alternate outfit imo, and the Kimono one is a bit too casual for my liking. Also, pls gief Mia recolor.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Since Robin is already using pair up in his final smash, I think that Lucina will get something different. I like the idea of her using the Awakening.

Something tells me this image is a sign of her FS:
Looks like Lucina has joined in on the death stares.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Does Marth get this same effect in his FS?

I can't remember if he was playable in the demo, and if his Final Smash was seen...

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Marth was playable in the demo. If I recall, he activates the Final Smash and zips across the screen, dealing critical damage and launching anyone who's in the path (not guaranteed kill, but good chance).

It's hard to tell if Lucina here has even activated it yet or if she's just gotten the orb and is posturing.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Sakurai showing her taking off her mask proves once again how much he loves spoiling every plot twist he can in Smash.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I may be looking to far into this, but doesn't Lucina kinda look like there's a portal of sorts behind her? Maybe she summons someone, or perhaps even all the Child units in Awakening.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Sakurai showing her taking off her mask proves once again how much he loves spoiling every plot twist he can in Smash.
I don't think this is avoidable, to be honest - not if he wants to be faithful to the characters and reference their respective games. :p

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, her taking off her mask is less of a spoiler than using her name is.

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
Awakening came out in Japan over two years ago, and she's been plastered to merchandise sans mask since. If IS uses her face and name freely, why shouldn't Sakurai?

Reginleif

Smash Ace
And honestly Sakurai doesn't give a crap about spoilers. FE:A has been out for a long time and the Masked Marth hype is long dead already it'll make no sense to conceal the spoiler since the benefits won't be significant enough.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
They put almost zero effort into making Lucina different than Marth. Why would her final smash be different?

Last edited:
Top Bottom