• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina: Match-Up Discussion (UPDATE: Kirby!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
I know I'm requesting you guys to play online, but I feel like we should have a "crew" battle to be able to determine the matchup. The more matches we have between Pit vs. Lucina, the better idea we have. In other words, if first Pit player losses to Lucina, that Lucina player stays with that many stocks, depending on how many they finished off the match.

If you guys want to do either a 3 on 3 or 5 on 5, that would be awesome! That way, we can make them feel like they are part of the discussion. Also, after every match, each player should input their thoughts on how they felt about the match.

Later, i'll input my thoughts on how the matchup goes.

Just a food for thought! :p

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
They all said they are willing to participate in the crew battle. Let me know who you want to send out first and we will do the same thing.
We still have to confirm our guys. I'm the only one confirmed at the moment. CommanderRin said he would be fine after Monday so that's two people for now. We would need three more.

CherubiKnighT

"KnighT Of Mystery" CherubiKnighT
NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
@ CHOMPY CHOMPY

I'll be participating on the Falchion's side (Lucina).

If it's today, I can join in at around 8pm (give or take a little).

ZFallen

All things are better with a little 'Z'
NNID
ZFallen
I would play, but I'm in Australia...so connection will probably not be good :(

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ bur bur are you able to play tonight?

Additionally, I have the ability to record these matches. So if you guys want let me know and I'll join your games and record them to have the full crew battle in order to analyze.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
@ bur bur are you able to play tonight?

Additionally, I have the ability to record these matches. So if you guys want let me know and I'll join your games and record them to have the full crew battle in order to analyze.
That'd be a great idea!

I support this.

I'm also available today so send me in whenever @ Locuan Locuan

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Good luck to all of you! CHOMPY, need any help with creating the brackets?

CHOMPY

NNID
Chompy621
@ Locuan Locuan are you on Facebook? Maybe it would be easier to gather everyone in the chat room group, so we can all communicate on there.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I'll let you know later on in the day.
Mind setting up a separate one with customs on? I'm trying to see what MUs get easier with/without them... Crew battles seem like a perfect idea for data analysis.

I just want customs to be legalized for good, I'm hoping having MU changing options on the MU boards will help with that.

Last edited:

bur

Smash Cadet
NNID
c13fairy
@ Locuan Locuan an128 I'm ready if you are.
you wouldn't happen to be online now would you?

Last edited:

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Got a bracket, but it has some errors. According to the bracket, first to battle are these people;

GrayFox vs CherubiKnighT
ChaoticRoy vs Emblem Lord
Shaya vs Chompy

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Locuan Locuan ive always been a fan of battle field. im adding you nid now
Alright I'm going online.
EDIT: I'm hosting the room. Join whenever you are ready.
EDIT2: Reporting win by Locuan, 1 stock left on me. Great game @ bur bur ! I capitalized on your forward smashes quite a bit, are tilts a better option?

Last edited:

bur

Smash Cadet
NNID
c13fairy
Yeah tilts are for sure a better option in most cases.
I can't believe it took me that long to hit you when i broke your shield! xD
but great game to you as well.
I feel like lucina makes it difficult for pit to land when he's above her (after a usmash or utilt)

@ Locuan Locuan If you're not busy and the next person in the crew battle isn't available, do you want to play some more games?

Last edited by a moderator:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Yea, you broke my shield and didn't capitalize! That was something you should have taken advantage of. Also I don't know who goes next. @ CHOMPY CHOMPY who would be the second person on the Pit side? Also sure we can keep playing :)

On another note, I merged your posts, careful with double posting since its against Smashboards Terms of Service and Rules. When you need to add more info to a previous post use the edit button :)

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
Sigh if only I didn't have work today I would participate,oh well if this is going on right now then good luck to both teams.

If this crew battle becomes a thing in the future I would love to take part of it,gotta need all the matchup knowledge I can get.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Great games @ bur bur ! I learned a lot. Also, I would like to add some advice to your play. You should use f-throw more when I'm at high percents. Especially when on the ledge as it is a kill move. Also, you tried to d-throw > u-air after I was at high percents. It won't connect at those percentages so go for another option. On another note, while I did not have the dexterity to capitalize on this, I was able to predict around 90% of your upperdash arms. You always do this run back and forth that signals your upperdash arm is coming. I recommend mixing it up.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
So if you can send your pit/lucina players my way I'd like to conduct an experiment with customs and how they affect MUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom