• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina confirm vetern alt costumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
In the Famitsu interview, Sakurai mentions that Lucina was planned to be one of Marth's alt costumes. Does this confirm all or at least some vets will get alt costumes. Also note Sakurai said one of.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The only thing that gives me pause is that this is a translation. Translations can get wording incorrect and lead us to believe something that isn't entirely true.

However, the interview did excite me. Particularly since some of their alternate costumes so far have been way more than just pallet swaps. Little Mac's hoddie, for example, shows more effort than they're ever put into an alt before, Wario aside.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario seems like the only plausible option that actually changes who the character is without changing how they play. (if he doesn't get his pills, if so then he'd get his own slot)

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I hiiiighly doubt Sakurai used the term "alt" in his actual Japanese wording. But yes, Sakurai probably did think about it for other characters.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
That would be cool ... give toon link a young link alt costume! Pikachu/Pichu/Raichu

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I really don't want to see Dr. Mario with Fludd, make him separate so he can have the tornado.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
i wonder if the name will change to match the alt costume?

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
I really didn't even want to see lucina in the game like this. From the looks of it, she brings nothing new to the table

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
I really didn't even want to see lucina in the game like this. From the looks of it, she brings nothing new to the table
Our hopes and wishes have come true!

Finally, a non-blue haired swordsMAN Fire Emblem Rep!

Just think of the many Fire Emblem fans like me who'll be using Lucina every single day!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm expecting characters like Roy and Dr. Mario returning through these means, whether they'll be DLC or not though is another question.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Our hopes and wishes have come true!

Finally, a non-blue haired swordsMAN Fire Emblem Rep!

Just think of the many Fire Emblem fans like me who'll be using Lucina every single day!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm expecting characters like Roy and Dr. Mario returning through these means, whether they'll be DLC or not though is another question.
for some reason that angers me

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It doesn't really confirm anything. It could have just been something he was wanting to do with Marth, to further represent the success of Fire Emblem Awakening.

I mean, I would LOVE more alternate costumes! We just need to avoid getting our hopes up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom