• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's weight problems

Xalterro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xalterro
I think Lucas ate too many pork chips, because his fall speed and jumping abilities have become somewhat problematic. The first issue I had was with watery stages. Whenever Lucas falls into water, he gets stuck in this perpetual splash cycle that's difficult to get out of. It may not seem like a big deal, but on stages like Delfino Island and Pirate Ship, the stage exits the watery area periodically, and I've self-destructed on more than one occasion because of this problem. Speaking of weight, all these characters will completely sink if they fall into Pirate Ship's water with a metal box: Lucas, Wolf, Fox, Falco, DK, Captain Falcon, Snake, Link, and King Dedede.

In Project M, Lucas's first jump became higher, but his mid-air jump was reduced. His PK Thunder recovery is also less efficient. All this along with his increased falling speed make it really tough to get back to the stage. There are also times when he gets nudged off the edge of the stage, but his mid-air jump and recovery don't cover enough ground. Would it be at all possible to balance his jumps by lowering his ground jump and raising his mid-air jump?

Top Bottom