• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Horsantula

Smash Rookie
I was hoping all day that he'd be revealed as an unlockable, but no luck. Oh well, I guess our only hope is DLC. The new Magicant stage looks really good, but a character for a new stage -- how is that a fair trade?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I was hoping all day that he'd be revealed as an unlockable, but no luck. Oh well, I guess our only hope is DLC. The new Magicant stage looks really good, but a character for a new stage -- how is that a fair trade?
It kills me inside that they added a new stage and removed Lucas if it's any clue I seen a trophy of the porky statue from SSE in there.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Don't lose hope. Maybe if we link the 3DS version to the Wii U we will get Wolf, Lucas, and Ice Climbers. There is enough space on the character select to fit about three or four.

Each version will have the same characters, but you will need both versions to unlock them all. 3DS gets Duck Hunt Dog, Pittoo, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Junior. Dr. Mario could possibly be on both without the linking. 3DS gets newcomers and Wii U gets veterans.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Lucas is one of my favorite characters of all time. Mother 3 is my favorite game of all time, so that explains it. I'll miss him.
Don't lose hope yet. The pic of the day said that there was updates that are being released for the japanese versions of the game. That could potentionally be more characters. Don't hop on the hype train yet, but there might (might) still be more to come. Lucas still has a fighting chance.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Don't know if this is double posting, but as my above comment states, lucas might still make it in. Don't lose hope yet lucas supporters!

north-note

Smash Cadet
the update is said to add in a new online mode known as conquest mode, no sign of any new character, but this hint that DLC is not impossible after all! beside sakurai is not against having DLC

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Is there a way we can request to keep the BIG threads open for characters like Lucas/Snake/Ice Climbers/Wolf/Mewtwo/ and maybe even Roy?

These characters all have chances for DLC, so they're technically not DECONFIRMED yet.

I'm certain we'll learn of DLC before or by the Wii U release date. Just a thought.

Besides we still want to support our PSI boy, and this thread is pretty damn good.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, everyone. What if sakauri put this potd today to show us that there are still add-ons in this game? It could just be him saying "yeah, you guys may have leaked my roster, but you guys still don't know everything. I do have some secrets left for later download" if this was the case, sakauri would be a total genius! I mean, I would do that if people were leaking my game.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, Nintendo made sure Lucas wouldn't be in the game, to later reveal him as SSB DLC and a Mother 3 HD remake for 3DS...

Wishful thinking...

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, Nintendo made sure Lucas wouldn't be in the game, to later reveal him as SSB DLC and a Mother 3 HD remake for 3DS...

Wishful thinking...
This could very well be a possibility. A man can dream, can he. As for me, after this pic of the day, my hope for lucas is completely back. At least we still have people who have hope, like yourself.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Firstly Ness got a new stage and new voice clips but they cut Lucas I mean why.... there's something not right here Isaac isn't in there at all not even as an assist this gives me serious hope and is it wrong to say I would give up megaman, pacman and sonic for Lucas and Wolf ? :'(

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Firstly Ness got a new stage and new voice clips but they cut Lucas I mean why.... there's something not right here Isaac isn't in there at all not even as an assist this gives me serious hope and is it wrong to say I would give up megaman, pacman and sonic for Lucas and Wolf ? :'(
More like I would give up Dark Pit, Dr Mario, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Junior to have Lucas and Ice Climbers back.

At least Wolf still has 2 reps in the game currently.

Ice Climbers got screwed, and apparently the download on the eshop was 900mb short of what the case said.

That leads me to think "DLC".

At least hopefully we get the characters we miss.

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
When I saw that POTD I immediately took it as this...
"yeah, you guys may have leaked my roster, but you guys still don't know everything. I do have some secrets left for later download"
My hope for Lucas never faded but this post has added more kindling to the fire! It is never over!
No crying until the end! :DD

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
When I saw that POTD I immediately took it as this...

My hope for Lucas never faded but this post has added more kindling to the fire! It is never over!
No crying until the end! :DD
Ride the Lucas train to the end NEVER GIVE UP :p
More like I would give up Dark Pit, Dr Mario, Duck Hunt, and Bowser Junior to have Lucas and Ice Climbers back.

At least Wolf still has 2 reps in the game currently.

Ice Climbers got screwed, and apparently the download on the eshop was 900mb short of what the case said.

That leads me to think "DLC".

At least hopefully we get the characters we miss.
Do you also realise this is the first time one of the original franchises in Smash 64 have gone back to one rep this is ridiculous this can't happen to my little friend, if he isn't part of the DLC that we are hoping for....... R.I.P Lucas you will always be my main man, and I lost my earthbound team battles :'( :lucas:
Bye Lucas I will always remember you :'( I PK Love you little friend of mine.

Last edited:

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
No crying until the end! :DD[/quote]

Just like in mother 3. All joking aside though, I'm glad the lucas hype is starting to come back, even if it's only by one person. The lucas hype train is back in business!

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Just like in mother 3. All joking aside though, I'm glad the lucas hype is starting to come back, even if it's only by one person. The lucas hype train is back in business!
There has always been LUCAS hype! It was just overshadowed by negativity. (That's what I would like to believe anyway... :3)
After how sad I originally got I can't stop feeling excited. I can't see any reason behind why he was cut. There's also the amount of Mother 3 reference. Aka, NONEEEEEE!
I'm hoping there is a bigger reason behind this and that this isn't just Sakurai being nasty... :/

Last edited:

Horsantula

Smash Rookie
There has always been LUCAS hype! It was just overshadowed by negativity. (That's what I would like to believe anyway... :3)
After how sad I originally got I can't stop feeling excited. I can't see any reason behind why he was cut. There's also the amount of Mother 3 reference. Aka, NONEEEEEE!
I'm hoping there is a bigger reason behind this and that this isn't just Sakurai being nasty... :/
I'm not going to give up hope unless if Sakurai personally deconfirms him. At least they haven't found Lucas's trophy yet. Like the rest of you, I'll be riding the green (I couldn't resist) Lucas hype train until the end!

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to give up hope unless if Sakurai personally deconfirms him. At least they haven't found Lucas's trophy yet. Like the rest of you, I'll be riding the green (I couldn't resist) Lucas hype train until the end!
I'm pretty cheap, so I'm taking the red lucas hype train. But really, that's great news that a lucas trophy isn't announced yet. Just shows that he can still be playable as dlc.

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
I saw a porky statue trophy on the gema stream, guys I'm scared

Last edited:

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
So, you can't really see it, but my avatar has always had a textbox just below what's shown here saying "No crying until RELEASE". Guess I was competely right... now why am I not happy about that...?

I was really hoping I'd be able to change his expression to elated surprise, but I guess that won't be happening now.
If anyone wants to use this anywhere, feel free to -as long as I'm credited of course.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I saw a porky statue trophy on the gema stream, guys I'm scared
How? It shows mother 3 is represented in one war or another, and I would think that's a good thing. Now if a lucas trophy leaks out, then you should be scared.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
How? It shows mother 3 is represented in one war or another, and I would think that's a good thing. Now if a lucas trophy leaks out, then you should be scared.
I don't think being a mere trophy would be a big deal. If Lucas ended up having a specific role in the actual game, DLC would have been out of the question, but he doesn't.

Regardless, I support Lucas for DLC.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I don't think being a mere trophy would be a big deal. If Lucas ended up having a specific role in the actual game, DLC would have been out of the question, but he doesn't.

Regardless, I support Lucas for DLC.
The reasoning behind this whole shenanigans behind the trophies are that Wolf and K rool have both been spotted along with :squirtle:and:ivysaur:.

Last edited:

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Well if Lucas is going to be DLC, I am sure Wolf would be too. It would be cruel to bring back one and not the other. So I wouldn't be too worried about a trophy. It doesn't technically deconfirm anything.

Lucas is the only cut I feel bad about. Ialways luked the little guy. I'm usually very pessimistic but I will be optimistic for once. Lucas could be DLC to coincide with the worldwide release of mother 3. (And maybe mother 1 with all of its content) regardless I hope for the best for the series and the blonde boy of we like

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
It boggles my mind that this game has more Mother references than ever, but still no Lucas. I could definitely see Lucas being a DLC character

Top Bottom