• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas v5 tier list discussion.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We moved pretty much no where yet again! :laugh:

We just moved lower. :urg:

Let's get to working so we can actually move somewhere! Anyways what are your guy's thoughts on this new tier list and Lucas almost non-existent movement?

I myself thought this was def coming. However this is probably the lowest we should ever go. Just gotta get tourny results and we can be back up. But we still get all the LT money now that Ike is gone ;3c

Enjoy~

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm mad that Lucas is above Bowser.

Other than that I really have no strong feelings about Lucas' placement.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm happy he is above Bowser. Idk why he is below Mario though. =/

I mean we all pretty much saw this soooo there is no reason to go like "flame flame flame" or start a party. =p

.....kindof boring.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
still think lucas should be top of low tier.
yoshi should've moved into mid tier or something.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
That's exactly where I think Lucas should be. Below Yoshi and Ike, slightly above Mario, and above Bowser. Pretty satisfied with it. Don't see Lucas moving anywhere higher or lower than that.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
are we serious, lucas has some of the best recovery moves. besides us being gimped in every MU but ivysaur. we're supposed to be at least top of low tier, above that wanna-be-Barny-with-boots yoshi (im so trollin)

I mean i say if we all started to place higher we'd def. be recognized as mid. PF, NINJA?!?where u guys at??
lol o yea, i love how we had 3 lucas mains on the first page of the tier list.
LUCAS FOR MIDTIER

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I still believe he should be in mid tier at least. Then again, he would suffer the same fate as Ness and can't be used in low tier tournies anymore.

I find it funny how in every other tier list (mostly considering Japan) that Lucas is above Ness except here in the US. What are we doing wrong?

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
I still believe he should be in mid tier at least. Then again, he would suffer the same fate as Ness and can't be used in low tier tournies anymore.

I find it funny how in every other tier list (mostly considering Japan) that Lucas is above Ness except here in the US. What are we doing wrong?
The real question is, what are the japanese ness players doing wrong?

Chuee

Smash Hero
No, its more along the lines of they have better Lucas players.
The japanese Ness players are pretty good from the vids I've seen.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
yea and look where he is at on their list :laugh:

But yea their Lucas' are cool to watch. If we do well at MLG maybe we will be the outlier ;3c

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Pink Fresh better cause some upsets. I recommend that he practice on slightly laggy TV's to get a feel for it. Totally ****ed me up...

Chuee

Smash Hero
@rPSI: Yeah, I was playing friendlies with Meep and I'd get ****ing dsmashes and Fsmashes insead of Dairs and Fairs

KoozyK

Smash Ace
seriously what are we doing wrong?? wait it might be because
1)not many people camp over there, and
2) that nation isnt MK over ran.
3)their ledge rule might cause a their players not to mess with lucas's recovery as much

huge possibilities

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
seriously what are we doing wrong?? wait it might be because
1)not many people camp over there, and
2) that nation isnt MK over ran.
3)their ledge run might cause a their players not to mess with lucas's recovery as much

huge possibilities
Marth is nowhere as frequent because of all the MK's
DK is worse than Lucas to them due to DDD and their limited stages
limited stages

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
stages might have something to do with it. Someone told me Japan plays on very basic stages like bf, sv, and fd. Like thats it.

Stages really can mess us up. So yeah, i definitely think stages has something to do with it! Like they dont have to worry about snake on Halburd. u feel me?

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Marth is nowhere as frequent because of all the MK's
DK is worse than Lucas to them due to DDD and their limited stages
limited stages
yea that makes since, im a little lost on dk being worst than lucas tho. i mean we are gimped all around by ddd.
they dont have any true dk players over there eh?

stages might have something to do with it. Someone told me Japan plays on very basic stages like bf, sv, and fd. Like thats it.

Stages really can mess us up. So yeah, i definitely think stages has something to do with it! Like they dont have to worry about snake on Halburd. u feel me?
i see really basic stages being somewhat bad tho. like against IC's, marths that are spaced well, and ur DDD's that make spacing look easy.

im wit u on the snake on halberd. get fuxd up eh?

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
thing is, the US competitive brawl scene has a lot of camping. like seriously. the characters on the top of the tier list? all capable campers or they have abusable techniques.

whereas in japan, it's a more aggressive playstyle. they don't care whether lucas' smashes are punishable. from one lucas v. lucas video, I saw one of them pull a dtilt out of the blue and miraculously getting the trip to fsmash. they also threw out random fsmashes once in a while and blindly approached each other a lot. the snakes there run in with a grenade in hand, not play keepaway. it's a risky playstyle that sometimes pays off, sometimes doesn't.

you win more when you camp more & wait for your opponent to approach. but (to me at least) it's more fun when you attack more. it's also the difference in playstyles that lead to the different tier lists. aggressive mk isn't exactly unbeatable because aggressive anything is beatable. whereas with pit, he's got fast attacks, rapid attacks and an insanely fast projectile to boot, possibly the reason he's at the top.

Kaoculus

Smash Cadet
i find it hard to believe that japan could have their own shaky/fow.

anyone have a videos of good japanese lucas/ness players?

Top Bottom