• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Like I said, very ****ed up brackets. Single elimination. Basically I seeded people based on my own vague knowledge of how well they played (I hadn't played with most of them when I created it) and set up 5 matches for first round, giving myself a bye. Second round 3 matches. Third round 1 match and another bye for me. And then grand finals. So winner of GF's got first, loser got 2nd, loser of 3rd round got 3rd, three losers of 2nd round got 4th, and five losers of first round got 7th. Brackets were intentionally set up (by request of other players) so that I would play as few people as possible because they wanted a better chance of getting 2nd or 3rd. Since the tournament was about getting people interested in playing competitively rather than...being particularly competitive itself, we worked it out. Completely informal. It looks like it's entirely rigged in my favor but since I beat every person there on a regular basis without trying it was the best option for a first tournament for almost all casual players. I'll probably do a 16 man bracket next time and do random seeding with adjustements. Less work.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Actually small round robin tournaments are a great way to get experience as long as there are a few good players there in my opinion. It ensures that not only do you get to play everyone there, but they won't be sandbagging against you. It's also just more fun to get to play everyone rather than having it depend on your brackets. If you're in it solely for the money then yea there's no reason to go to 8 man tourneys...unless it's like a $20 buy in or something stupid like that.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hey Tyr r u going to that tourny at UK next saturday?
If u are can u teach me a few new Lucas tricks??
At the S2D tourny I went to today
alot of people said u were one of the best Lucas players in the midwest:)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I won't be there unfortunately because I have to play in the pit orchestra for my high school's musical. But yeah, I guess me and probably Seanson are the best in the midwest but I've never played him or anyone that he's played so I can't really say which of us is better. Some of the people at S2D are pretty good. Tactical's pretty tough for me. Hilt's a really good player but I usually beat him because I'm better at the matchup and Lucas has the advantage. Rowan's pretty awesome too. I've only beaten him in friendlies a few times.

I don't get to go to a lot of tournaments because of my parents and because I have a really busy schedule. But if you're ever in Cincy or I should atleast be at some of the midwest circuit events, I'd be glad to give you some tips.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I won't be there unfortunately because I have to play in the pit orchestra for my high school's musical. But yeah, I guess me and probably Seanson are the best in the midwest but I've never played him or anyone that he's played so I can't really say which of us is better. Some of the people at S2D are pretty good. Tactical's pretty tough for me. Hilt's a really good player but I usually beat him because I'm better at the matchup and Lucas has the advantage. Rowan's pretty awesome too. I've only beaten him in friendlies a few times.

I don't get to go to a lot of tournaments because of my parents and because I have a really busy schedule. But if you're ever in Cincy or I should atleast be at some of the midwest circuit events, I'd be glad to give you some tips.
Xisin's also pretty good. He plays a good marth.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm probably going to UC since they just offered me a bunch of money. But not 100% certain yet.

Yeah, Xisin's good too but he plays Marth so he doesn't count lol.

I'm hoping I'll get to play more of you at Midwest circuit events. It really sucks that I don't get around much to play people very often. In Kel's words, "Tyr could really make a name for himself if he ever actually went to tournaments." :(
I'm always up for friendlies and money matches.

Noraa

Smash Lord
ok im about to update but i do hope these results were sent to anokou or how ever you spell his name cus some of the results are good

heytallman

CTALL
Nutsack. I went to a tournament on Saturday, and took 4th out of the 10 that entered (lol). However, in the results thread, the TO only put up the top 3 <.< I guess because it's part of a series. But he told me he'd put up the full results :(:(:(

But I got 4th/10. Count it if you will
name: heytallman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214290
placing: 4/10
Region: South
So I'm guessing ^this^ didn't count because full results weren't up? Weak.

Lazy TO johns

Noraa

Smash Lord
yeah they got whole points.....
unless theres some god people playin....you should get first at a 10man tourny

supercake

Smash Apprentice
Hey Tyr r u going to that tourny at UK next saturday?
If u are can u teach me a few new Lucas tricks??
At the S2D tourny I went to today
alot of people said u were one of the best Lucas players in the midwest:)
I'll be there. I guess I'll know who you are since no one else will probably use Lucas.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Irsic you should post the results to that AiB tourney in the character rankings thread.

heytallman

CTALL
25th out of 53 yesterday. Bah. Tied with another Lucas player, and a third Lucas took 49th :( Great tourney with excellent players, though. Texas is too good.

Levitas

the moon
i has results coming

met your friend IAmNick, levitas.

or should i say, DAVE?

<_<
Oh snap! I met him at Albion when I was visiting some friends. I three stocked his wario first game, starting by killing him w/o taking damage.

Bummer that I missed you, but JAB1 was too good.

Also, I got these: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7925/lessandnukas.jpg

Also, tallman, I got 25th for 51 at the melee circuit event I went to. Not amazing, but still really fun and I'm happy to have gotten out of pools and stuff (I haven't been playing melee as much as I should have been lately, lol)

lil cj

Smash Lord
Got 17th out of 60
at the University of Kentucky tourny
It was my first big tourny
The God Kais were there and all 3 of them placed high
Y.b.M. won 1st...best Kirby player Ive ever seen
Also taught me how to use Kirby:)

I repped Lucas all the way!!!
But I lost to two Lucario players:(
I thought Lucas would have the advantage in that matchup??
That wont happen next time lol
It was a great experience though
I learned alot and I was proud to use Lucas

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Irsic, who'd you play? I only know Hot Arms from that list. You should come to some circuit events. I can't make it to the first one but I'm trying to make as many as I can.

Levitas

the moon
LOL, nice. MI had a mass exodus that day, way to take advantage of that ^_^

scotu, me, and a melee dude (bigy) went to purdue for the melee circuit event.

Bowyer, lain, anther, NoJ, Omniswell, Judge, and SamuraiPanda all went to the chicago brawl circuit event and claimed 5(?) of the top 8 spots, lol.

And another few points for lucas :)

Tyr and Irsic, we should trade cells so that we can make sure that if we go to a tourney to meet, we can a. find each other, and b. know that the other one's actually gonna be there before we go, lol.

Top Bottom