• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas to be released on June 14th

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
AWWWWWW YYYYIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Sakurai also has written about it on his Miiverse, going more into detail about DLC coming that day:

Link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkJaxWr9Q

"Hey, Sakurai here. Long time no see. I'm happy to announce that Lucas will be available beginning 08:00 AM on June 14 (PT), 17:00 (CEST) on June 14th, and 01:00 AM on June 15 (AEST). The Splatoon Mii Fighter gear and the Miiverse stage for the Wii U version are included in this update as well. It'll be here soon! Lucas is already finished, and I've been playing with him daily. It's really satisfying when his up smash and Meteor Smash attacks connect."

Ryan.

Smash Lord
So happy! I figured he'd be announced at E3,but being released beforehand is even better.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The better news here is with Lucas, Miiverse and Splatoon thingies getting released/announced before E3, the Smash news on E3 can focus on new stuff like Roy, Ryu and the ballot.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
"It's really satisfying when his up smash and Meteor Smash attacks connect."

:4lucas:
the ultimate disrespect character?

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Im super happy to hear his Upsmash is unadulterated from Brawl. Cant wait to have my Brawl Main back

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Good to hear it's coming soon. And the Miiverse stage, finally!

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
It's cool Lucas is coming before the Digital Event, but at the same time I'm worried that we will find new data related to unannounced DLCs similar to Roy/Ryu/Dreamland, I don't want to see other characters and contents spoiled like that. Miiverse stage being free is also great, even though I expected it. I hope we'll get the complete official patchnote soon, so we will see if we will get updated contents like balance changes, new stages in 8-player Smash, and Mewtwo's custom moves. Speaking of the later, the fact Sakurai didn't mention them in his Miiverse post is lowering my optimism about them being a thing...

They're confirmed to come either in the next update or at least at some point in the future: pure bliss.

They're confirmed to never happen and Sakurai explains why: reluctant acceptance.

They don't come and Nintendo keeps being silent about it: anger.

I also find funny that we still haven't seen Lucas' Final Smash. I guess it'll still be PK Starstorm, but I'm curious to see if it'll work like Ness' updated FS or like it did in Brawl instead.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
This is two days before Nintendo's e3 event. New DLC announcement practically confirmed.

Anyways, I'm definitely getting Lucas sometime. He was a favorite of mine.

Top Bottom