• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Thundergliding

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Okay, as we all know, there are many tricks that come with Lucas and one of which I have found useful is the thunderglide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHJRANVTNqA

I created this video as a sort of basic tutorial to Lucas's special moves and basic attacks. About 2:05-2:15 in the video, I showcased Thundergliding, a unique technique by Lucas. Basically, if you run off of a platform and immediately go into a PK Thunder, the Thunder will appear very close to Lucas, leaving little room for controlling. However, if you aim the thunder at just the right angle at Lucas, he will shoot down at an angle and line-up horizontally along the flat of the stage. The first one shown in the video is what happens when you mess up the Thunderglide. He automatically stop at the edge of the stage.

By doing this, you can wrack up quick damage for Lucas along with a safe way to perform PKT without going over the edge. It is called the thunderglide because Lucas glides horizontally even if he was at a 45 degree angle. The best use for this move is on Battlefield and other stages with stationary platforms. It's a surprising technique that will work in favor of the Lucas player.

Levitas

the moon
heh, using a capture card instead of a camcorder would get rid of the flicker on the vid.

We've known about thundersliding (as it is called here) for quite some time now. Check the stickies and stuff. It might catch someone who's never seen it off-guard the first time, but note that it still has 30 or so frames of startup--well more than enough to punish if they're close enough to be threatened by it.

Welcome to smashboards btw ^_^ it's always nice to see a new face on the lucas boards.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sorry video camera's all I've got right now.

I didn't see thundersliding on the front page of the Lucas boards so I assumed there was nothing about it. Thanks for the info though. I can't count frames so I didn't know.

Thanks for the welcome! Lucas ftw!

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
heh, using a capture card instead of a camcorder would get rid of the flicker on the vid.

We've known about thundersliding (as it is called here) for quite some time now. Check the stickies and stuff. It might catch someone who's never seen it off-guard the first time, but note that it still has 30 or so frames of startup--well more than enough to punish if they're close enough to be threatened by it.

Welcome to smashboards btw ^_^ it's always nice to see a new face on the lucas boards.
Yeah, sorry video camera's all I've got right now.

I didn't see thundersliding on the front page of the Lucas boards so I assumed there was nothing about it. Thanks for the info though. I can't count frames so I didn't know.

Thanks for the welcome! Lucas ftw!

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
lol double post D:

No Lucas ATs are on the front page really.
Is someone able to close this thread? I really don't want a double post if it's a bad thing. Or maybe not close it but link it to the Thundersliding article on 100 Tips and Tricks. Just a suggestion. Plus, what does AT stand for? I know what it is, just not the abbreviation.

Top Bottom