• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas spike

spyk90

Smash Cadet
I don't know if someone has posted something about this.

From playing around with Lucas, I've figured Lucas has 2 different type of spikes. One of them is the aerial Down+A attack (sorry, don't know the name of the attack). If you time it right and hit them with all three kicks, they will shoot straight down.

His second spike is his aerial Back+A attack. I haven't mastered this spike yet, but I believe having your opponent hit by the ending animation of this attack will also send them straight down.

Krii

Smash Journeyman
Actually His Dair spike is only the bottom of his third hit, that's where it spikes. Also it's the last few PK box's on the back air also.

I wonder if they are spikes or metoer smashes, Nintendo did say that Bair was a meteor smash but what about Dair?

spyk90

Smash Cadet
Actually His Dair spike is only the bottom of his third hit, that's where it spikes. Also it's the last few PK box's on the back air also.

I wonder if they are spikes or metoer smashes, Nintendo did say that Bair was a meteor smash but what about Dair?
I was wondering where did you find all the name of Lucas' moves? (Bair and Dair?)

LucNess Monster

Smash Rookie
personally i find it easier to connect wit the back air because the down air changes your momentum upward and so sometimes it messes up the positioning of the hit... also the back air sends them down faster so its less likely they would be able to recover out of it

mNag

Smash Rookie
I've been playing around a lot with dash dancing and jumping backwards for bairs... if you get it just right you can bair bounce them off the ground dj into a dair then bair again to send them back into space for further juggling. I was practicing this combo on dummy computers and spent hours trying to find good uses for his bair :p

Mostly just practicing the char I guess :p

gsarany

Smash Cadet
His back air is an awsome spike. I use it everytime my friend is off the edge. However when facing my brother I have trouble landing it sicne hes pit. The guy flies out of my backair and flies to the top of the screen. Anyone got any tips for spiking Pit? I dont have that much trouble on Metaknight but Pit is just annoying. Then again my friend sucks as metaknight but yeah any setups for a backair spike against Pit would be awsome

Levitas

the moon
Get to the edge as fast as possible against Pit and try the PK Thunder, it'll eat the Up b, and if they didn't save 2 jumps, they're screwed.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
Bair and Dair aren't the moves' names. Those are names created on the internet. Bair is short for back air, and dair is short for down air.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I've found that BAir also makes for an effective approach. Dash, leap over the opponent, and BAir. It's a nice alternative to the head-on FAir.

MaximoSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the termonolgy, whats the diffrence between a spike and a meteor smash?

saberhof

Smash Master
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the termonolgy, whats the diffrence between a spike and a meteor smash?
a spike is an attack that sends you down and you cant recover from it, if you knew falco from melee, his Down Air was his spike.

a meteor is an attack that also sends you down, but this one can be recovered from easily, like in melee all you had to do was up at certain moment.

lucas is my third character, i can see him having lots of options and strategy's, i cant wait to see whats next for him...

Krii

Smash Journeyman
Dair seems to be good vs space animals (Wolf, Falco and fox) off the edge, I continually spike or Meteor them (i don't know what Dair is) and it almost always lands.

I SH (short hop) off of the ledge and Dair right there so the final hit box is just below the edge so they can't sweet spot, then i hug (grab the ledge) if im still high enough.

I also use the Bair as an approach, I mainly use it to Mind game from Approaching Bair to Nair(Neutral Air) to UTilt or Ftilt (up tilt or forward tilt)

I hope my () helped out to the less acronym savvy Brawlers! =D

Levitas

the moon
Check it out! if you have the bstick control scheme, you can run towards the edge (Keep holding that direction) press the other direction on the cstick (still holding the one direction on the control stick) which will cause you to automatically RAR, and then press A (Still holding the same direction on the control stick) to launch yourself into a back-air.

It's always a good option for edgeguarding, and something to help out lucas's edgeguarding.

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
Dair seems to be good vs space animals (Wolf, Falco and fox) off the edge, I continually spike or Meteor them (i don't know what Dair is) and it almost always lands.

I SH (short hop) off of the ledge and Dair right there so the final hit box is just below the edge so they can't sweet spot, then i hug (grab the ledge) if im still high enough.

I also use the Bair as an approach, I mainly use it to Mind game from Approaching Bair to Nair(Neutral Air) to UTilt or Ftilt (up tilt or forward tilt)

I hope my () helped out to the less acronym savvy Brawlers! =D
bair to nair to ftilt to fair is an incredible combo at low percentages. Not to mention that is looks incredibly bad*** if you land the whole thing.

Manic_1

Smash Cadet
another thing. if someone presses jump to launch them from an edge there are a few frames (I have no idea how many) that you can land a bair for a KO.

Dbz King

Smash Rookie
Yes i have mastered lucas and those are his only spikes. I don recommend people to use his down+a as one though its very risky. If you dont use it as soon as you jump and you miss you will be very vulnerable to jump.

Levitas

the moon
@ DBZ king: Um, check the date of the last post in the thread before you bump it. This hasn't been around for like more than half a year.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
ATTN: PEOPLE WITH BAIR SPIKE THEORIES

Hit with the tip of his foot-NOT THE HEXAGONS-during any part of the animation.

That is all.

EDIT: Holy crap. This is old.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
I find that using the auto-RAR into the bair is a good approach technique. Most people are expecting a fair at that point, and they end up with a meteor smash into the ground, followed by a jab lock to a fsmash. Good finisher.You can also auto-RAR the bair over the edge onto recoveries and be right there to grab the edge.

Levitas

the moon
OK, I'll say it a bit more directly:

DON'T POST IN THIS REALLY OLD THREAD. THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS IS OUTDATED, AND WILL INHIBIT LUCAS'S GAME IF IT REMAINS HERE.

Top Bottom