• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu, Stages and Costume DLC 720p 60 FPS

Who are you most excited for?

• Lucas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roy

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Ryu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I FINALLY managed to get hold of the DLC after Nintendo's Eshop going down for what seemed like forever. In the video I take Lucas, Roy and Ryu for a spin. I showcase their costumes, (non-existent) custom moves, try all the moves out against the sandbag, then try them out against a Level 7 CPU, all on the new stages (I show what music you get aswell). After that I show off the new DLC costumes for the Mii Fighters, finishing up with the Trophies. I hope you enjoy it if you are still struggling to get ahold of the DLC.

Enjoy! (It's still loading in 720p60fps, but it shouldn't take long to load.)

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Can I ask a few questions, if you don't mind answering them?
1. Does Roy feel similar to how he played in Melee or Project M, or does he feel more similar to Marth?
2. What does playing Ryu feel like? Is he slow, fast, middle?
3. Does Lucas feel like he did in Brawl?

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
1. Roy's moveset is different, if you check the time stamps on the video on YT you can skip right to his sections. But his moveset has been slightly modified, it's not so different. He's kind of like a mix between Smash 4 Marth and PM Roy. His up smash catches enemies with bursts of fire then explodes on the last hit and has great knockback. His B charge is like it used to be, it does 50% fully charged which is crazy. His aerials are similar to Marth's, minus his Dair which feels and looks more like Ike's to be honest. He feels pretty damn good.
2. Ryu is pretty fast, he's incredibly versatile, his recovery is pretty good too (You can do his spinning kick into his Shoryuken, so it covers sideways and upwards). He's definitely got combo potential, you can link his lighter moves into specials and heavy attacks pretty easily. His range is as you'd expect too, but it works absolutely fine.
3. I'll be honest, he feels like a altered Ness... His F smash seems like garbage, his Up smash and Down smash are VERY strong, just easy to punish. His Down throw links into Uair and Nair which is nice. His grab is kind of slow, as to be expected. I didn't really use Ness or Lucas much in Brawl though.

Top Bottom