• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah, nothing good is in there my friend. Maybe the currently unused K.K. Slider Mii Outfit English Text, but he'll come out anyways so there is nothing good from my (our) searches atm. I'll dig more in the text files later, see if there's anything of value.
Well, that sucks...but only by a little, since I understand why that is the case, with how Sakurai would not make the same mistake and all.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
15 multiplied by 1.12 equals 16.8. The base damage value of the sweetspot of Dr. Mario's front air attack is 15%, so its actual damage output is that number multiplied by 1.12.
Okay now I understand. They buffed the base damage.

Gr4pefru1t

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Octorock
Captain Falcon's U-Tilt had its hitbox reduced at the end of it (less probable to land it on the ledge, requires substantially more precision than it did previously).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Updated OP with confirmed ending/iasa/landing frame changes. As we have data dumps otherwise, I am in no immediate rush to note any other changes.
If I missed any (I had Greninja, Falchions, G&W and Mewtwo) of those changes let me know.

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Updated OP with confirmed ending/iasa/landing frame changes. As we have data dumps otherwise, I am in no immediate rush to note any other changes.
If I missed any (I had Greninja, Falchions, G&W and Mewtwo) of those changes let me know.
Kirby's f-smash change is from 1.0.6, might be good to note that

I-B

Smash Rookie
NNID
I-Brawler
Not sure if this has been noted, or even if it was in a previous patch/original release, but I've noticed that Little Mac can get slight horizontal distance when using Up Special, though significantly less in midair. (though on the ground it happens automatically while midair has to be done by holding in a direction.)

Just need a confirmation.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Not sure if this has been noted, or even if it was in a previous patch/original release, but I've noticed that Little Mac can get slight horizontal distance when using Up Special, though significantly less in midair. (though on the ground it happens automatically while midair has to be done by holding in a direction.)

Just need a confirmation.
It was always designed this way.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Apparently there were a lot of Swordfighter changes aside from back air that aren't in the OP yet (f-air more range, less lag on d smash, etc. They're on another page). Will those be documented or have they been proven to be false? I've noticed a few things about some of Swordfighter's moves feel less laggy, but I'd like clarification.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Apparently there were a lot of Swordfighter changes aside from back air that aren't in the OP yet. Will those be documented or have they been proven to be false?
Yes, we found in the data dump that Jab 1 and 2, and Nair come out faster. I also found some reductions on the lag of Swordfighter's moveset, and am going to record pre-patch footage to send to @LordWilliam1234 so he can frame count the difference. Spoiler alert, it's jab, Ftilt, Dash attack, Dsmash, and Fair's landing lag. Pretty valuable buffs for the character all around.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
sixriver mentions total frames for :4miisword: dsmash are down 60f>53f (default size)

Nair apparently has earlier IASA but doesn't have the new number, I'm not really in a position to test it myself atm (and by the sounds of it swordfighter enthusiasts may have already noticed?)

(f-air more range)
Thinkaman's patch notes mentioned hitbox changes for fair in 1.0.8 so I think it's safe to assume this is accurate.

Last edited:

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
That's awesome if true. Swordfighter was always my favorite Mii to use.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Fair's landing lag was noticeable. I could land with the first or second hit and combo into usmash at kill %, and fair to dtilt seemed to work better.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
"Yeah, it was someone's bright idea that swords were the root of all evil in balance... but then we realised it was everything we gave Diddy Kong and Sonic instead, apologies everyone, please understand and accept the dawn of the Sword Era in full earnestness as consolation"

Let me know the full change list for swordfighter!

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
"Yeah, it was someone's bright idea that swords were the root of all evil in balance... but then we realised it was everything we gave Diddy Kong and Sonic instead, apologies everyone, please understand and accept the dawn of the Sword Era in full earnestness as consolation"

Let me know the full change list for swordfighter!
Imagine a world.... where swords beat fist fighters...

nerdbot

Smash Rookie
I've heard murmurs that the hitboxes on Mewtwo's were confirmed as nerfed from a datamine, is this confirmed anywhere? I've been looking for a source and can't find anything. Thanks!

Also all these changes and ROB's eyes still don't glow. Screw that.

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
@ Shaya Shaya Combed the thread, this post seems to be comprehensive in terms of what you're looking for.
Mii Gunner's Absorbing Vortex (Down B 3) had its endlag significantly reduced.

Moves with reduced endlag that aren't mentioned in the OP are Link's Fthrow, Diddy's grabs [editor's note: pretty sure Zapp meant increased endlag here], Samus' grab (unknown if it's just standing or all grabs), Duck Hunt's Nair landing lag, Game & Watch's Bair landing lag, Charizard's Dthrow, Villager's Dthrow, Villager's grab (unknown if it's just standing or all grabs), Mii Swordsman's jab, ftilt, dash attack, Dsmash, and Fair landing lag, and there's some sort of change to Pac Man's Side B that I can't quantify yet.
If someone could provide a list of completely covered characters, that would help.

Also, non-hitbox/angle change from 1.0.6 worth putting in the op:
Ike
---
Counter
hitbox
kbg 74 -> 100

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Do we have a list of characters for whom timing changes have been investigated fully?
Like landing lag and stuff? Well, I know Pit and Pittwo's landing lag wasn't properly put under the microscope. Didn't need to because it really doesn't matter for 'em having great ACs and all, but I might of spotted a change that could of went unnoticed since 1.0.6. Their Nair might be faster now, has a weirdly abrupt ending animation like Marth's Utilt or Palutena's Dtilt.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
@ Shaya Shaya Combed the thread, this post seems to be comprehensive in terms of what you're looking for.

If someone could provide a list of completely covered characters, that would help.
Yeah I goofed and listed Diddy's grabs as having reduced lag when it was increased. Whoops. This patch just has so many buffs.

I wouldn't say I completely covered the characters. I just went and tested moves for changed endlag since I knew any hitbox related changes would be found in the data dump. The only other categories I went out of my way for were grabs and throws, Special fall landing lag from UpBs, and a couple of custom moves that I suspected would be tweaked, like Pikachu's Thunder wave infinite (it wasn't). Many things went untested, including ledge options, the vast majority of custom moves, skid stops, autocancel windows for aerials, and aerial IASA frames. That last one may be significant, since we do have one confirmed - Sonic's Dair. And if anybody's going to do comparisons of their own, that's great. Another set of eyes can prove to be quite helpful.

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I've heard murmurs that the hitboxes on Mewtwo's were confirmed as nerfed from a datamine, is this confirmed anywhere? I've been looking for a source and can't find anything. Thanks!

Also all these changes and ROB's eyes still don't glow. Screw that.
The problems with his tail and forward smash hitboxes are still there. I think something changed with up smash, but I haven't noticed anything too majorly different with it. Either way, the n-air landing lag reduction is very nice and it now makes me use the move more often.

I can see Mewtwo getting some buffs in the next upcoming patches. He's a DLC character, so they probably want more data on him before doing anything too major to him. I'd expect the same behavior for Lucas/Ryu/Roy if they need buffs and nerfs in the future.

Last edited:

nerdbot

Smash Rookie
The problems with his tail and forward smash hitboxes are still there. I think something changed with up smash, but I haven't noticed anything too majorly different with it. Either way, the n-air landing lag reduction is very nice and it now makes me use the move more often.

I can see Mewtwo getting some buffs in the next upcoming patches. He's a DLC character, so they probably want more data on him before doing anything too major to him. I'd expect the same behavior for Lucas/Ryu/Roy if they need buffs and nerfs in the future.
Yeah, I know his hitboxes have always had issues but I had heard they were made worse in the patch. I don't feel anything different with him except for his nair, which while small is pretty noticeable as someone who's put in a decent bit of time as him. I was just wondering if anything aside from his nair is 100% confirmed; it seems not!

I guess I should say, I really appreciate all the work everyone here's putting in for the community. Ideally we would not have to do this, but...!!! Thanks for keeping bozos like me up to date, y'all.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I could swear both Ike and Marth should play their counter quotes as well now right?
Or maybe I'm mistaken?

LRodC

NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Yeah, I know his hitboxes have always had issues but I had heard they were made worse in the patch. I don't feel anything different with him except for his nair, which while small is pretty noticeable as someone who's put in a decent bit of time as him. I was just wondering if anything aside from his nair is 100% confirmed; it seems not!

I guess I should say, I really appreciate all the work everyone here's putting in for the community. Ideally we would not have to do this, but...!!! Thanks for keeping bozos like me up to date, y'all.
Again, I haven't noticed a difference with the hitboxes. The good ones are still good and the flawed ones are still flawed. I wouldn't let placebo get too much in the way. I think the hitboxes themselves shouldn't be changed too much, but the visual effects should be changed to be more accurate to the attack so that people can easily discern between a tipped back air and an up close back air.

I feel like up air should get a speed or power buff of some kind. The attack as it is now feels pretty unrewarding on hit and it's very awkward to both kill and combo with. It's not terrible, but it's kind of lacking compared to Mewtwo's other aerials (which to their credit, are pretty amazing when used properly).

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
why is marth and lucina in the same box they're not the same thats like saying fox is the same as falco or ganondorf is the same as captain falcon

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
According to the data dump, another Kirby 1.0.6 change that wasn't noted before is the increase to Hammer Flip (and it's customs) hitbox sizes.

Ground Hammer Flip/Bash
hitbox 0
size 4.4 -> 5.4
y 4.0 -> 4.5
hitbox 1
size 2.5 -> 3.5
y 4.0 -> 4.5

Ground Hammer Flip Max Charge
hitbox 0
size 4.8 -> 5.8
y 4.0 -> 4.2
hitbox 1
size 2.9 -> 3.9
y 4.0 -> 4.2

Ground Giant Hammer
all hitboxes
y 4.0 -> 4.5

Aerial Hammer Flip/Bash
all hitboxes
size 4.2/2.0 -> 5.2/3.0
y 4.0 -> 4.3

Aerial Hammer Flip Max Charge
hitbox 0
size 4.4 -> 5.4
hitbox 1
size 2.5 -> 3.5

Aerial Giant Hammer
all hitboxes
y 4.0 -> 4.3

Nights Owl

Smash Apprentice
why is marth and lucina in the same box they're not the same thats like saying fox is the same as falco or ganondorf is the same as captain falcon
I think you mean that's literally like saying Dark Pit is the same as Pit. :happysheep:

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
because they are the same characters using the same data, that's why the usually get exactly the same buffs.
ganon and falco share nothing with their originals except some similar animations.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
But Fair had that ending lag if you landed before the move finished.
And this suggests the move is different how? Pre-patch I'm registering Falco F-air -> DA as a true combo because landing hitboxes automatically frame cancel. And the behavior looks no different in the current patch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom