• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' Palette Swaps (Alt Costumes)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Boney is MINE

I hope his brawl purple colour is back.
Dang! I knew there was something in particular I was forgetting. Purple shirt is my brother's favourite Lucas palette swap as well. :p

They used to reserve some of the palette swaps for team colours. That doesn't need to happen anymore, but they have kept them on a few of the vets, or at least some here and there. Not sure what will happen with Lucas' other palettes. I always go original palette on all characters with very few exceptions but I'm enjoying seeing the work they're putting into them. =)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Love the Blue/Orange one and Boney shirt one. I will probably be using those the most.

JancroFin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jancr0fin
3DS FC
5472-8792-6103
I'm hoping for a yellow. That way l'll at least be able to use similar colors with all my mains. Right now it's Gold Ike/Bee Suit Ness and yellow for my pocket Luigi, but I can see Lucas pushing Luigi out of there. If he does, and doesn't, I can switch to pinkish-cloaked Ike with Purple/Pink Ness and hope for a pink/purple Lucas to go with it.

Last edited:

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
At the moment, my favourites are the blue/orange shirt and the Boney shirt. I also like the Masked Man palette swap, but I'm not a fan of the super pale skin. The only one from Brawl I liked was the blue/white shirt, but I probably wouldn't use it anyway.

I use the yellow/black Ness and if I like his playstyle I'll probably be using the black Mewtwo, so it'd be nice if there was a black swap for Lucas.

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
It'd be a nice touch if the claus and masked man alts had their hairlines switched to the other side of their heads

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah guys use the spoiler tag. Not everyone here has played Mother 3.

It's spoiler /spoiler with brackets [] around each.

a

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
The game has been out for nine years. The translation patch for seven. I think we're past the limit for spoilers

Drippy

Smash Ace
The game has been out for nine years. The translation patch for seven. I think we're past the limit for spoilers
It doesn't matter because it's still a jerk move including not everyone has had the chance to played the game before. At most I expect a lot of people to have only played Earthbound because it was actually released on the Virtual Console which may have also introduced them to the series so I wouldn't be surprised either way, if they haven't played Mother 3 yet. It's called common decency really and you just should just know not everyone has the same privileges as you. I'm not going to stop you because you're not breaking the rules nor do I have power over you anyways, but if putting a spoiler tag is so hard for you in exchange for ruining a great story like Mother 3 (because again not everyone has played the game yet) than go for it, just know it makes you a jerk for doing so.

Last edited:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I'd like to think it's a pretty solid reason. If you're a fan and haven't played it by now, knowing it exists and how to get a translated version, you're probably not going to try. It's not a big deal. I wouldn't do this for, say, episodes of better call Saul or something, but I feel this has been available long enough to be warranted. If they were worried about spoilers they wouldn't have included the costume anyway

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'd like to think it's a pretty solid reason. If you're a fan and haven't played it by now, knowing it exists and how to get a translated version, you're probably not going to try. It's not a big deal. I wouldn't do this for, say, episodes of better call Saul or something, but I feel this has been available long enough to be warranted. If they were worried about spoilers they wouldn't have included the costume anyway
There could be a multitude of factors as to why they may not have played Mother 3 yet. I already have seen like two or three people in Mother 3 who don't know much about the Mother series and perhaps Lucas will make them want to play it because at least for me, I was introduced to the BioShock / Earthbound / Jak & Daxter / LoZ / etc. because of PSASBR / Smash Bros. I'm just the type of guy who enjoys knowing the background of the characters I enjoy playing and will eventually get to playing there games. I'll admit I was being pretty rude too so I probably didn't convey myself properly earlier, I can see understand where you're coming from but as someone who hangs out a lot around readers and slightly involved with a reading community, no one enjoys spoilers even if the book is really old.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Heh yeah that's understandable, just figured the information I shared was pretty benign as far as spoilers go

Drippy

Smash Ace
Heh yeah that's understandable, just figured the information I shared was pretty benign as far as spoilers go
TBH re-reading your comment it wasn't even
a big spoiler that I don't think most people would've understood unless someone else pointed it out so I'm not in the clear either.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Masked Man palette and Purple and Boney are my favorites. Can't wait to do a Mr. Saturn Ness/Boney Lucas team up.

splat

Smash Lord
I couldn't resist trying some palette swaps for Lucas, too.

How would you feel if we'd get a selection like this?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

That Kumatora one is adorable!

I'm not a big fan of the Blue and Pink/green ones though, a bit too plain/ugly for my liking. I'd prefer one based on flint (Brown hair, Brown shirt with yellow sleeves and a red stripe at the top, dark brown shorts and brown shoes)

Last edited:

ToastMiller

Smash Apprentice
When Claus and Masked man have the same pants and shoes TT.TT

kumatora looks great, not sure if I'd use her tho.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

Wouldn't mind at all. The Kumatora one looks especially sweet!

I'd want a Duster-based color scheme too. Maybe one of Flint as well.

Drippy

Smash Ace

Those look really cool, but I'm not a big fan of the Brawl Pink one. The Pink / Purple shirt does not mesh well at all in my opinion, and the green shorts too... I'd totes use the Kumatora one (pink hair is flippin awesome) for sure and did you make these yourself? They're really well done though the Masked Man palette should have Lucas with pale skin.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Those look really cool, but I'm not a big fan of the Brawl Pink one. The Pink / Purple shirt does not mesh well at all in my opinion, and the green shorts too... I'd totes use the Kumatora one (pink hair is flippin awesome) for sure and did you make these yourself? They're really well done though the Masked Man palette should have Lucas with pale skin.
I get the feeling you replied to the wrong person

splat

Smash Lord
The Brawl Pink one seemed to be fairly popular in this thread, so I included it, and to be fair - it kind of grew on me, as well.
I did make these myself, but I got a bit lazy in the details; not only should the Masked Man palette be a bit pale, the Orange one should have a slightly different hair color too, and I didn't feel like doing the shoelaces individually.

I'd prefer one based on flint (Brown hair, Brown shirt with yellow sleeves and a red stripe at the top, dark brown shorts and brown shoes)
Personally, I think Lucas works better with brighter colors. Flint's colors make him just a bit too much of a brown blur, in my opinion:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The Brawl Pink one seemed to be fairly popular in this thread, so I included it, and to be fair - it kind of grew on me, as well.
I did make these myself, but I got a bit lazy in the details; not only should the Masked Man palette be a bit pale, the Orange one should have a slightly different hair color too, and I didn't feel like doing the shoelaces individually.

Personally, I think Lucas works better with brighter colors. Flint's colors make him just a bit too much of a brown blur, in my opinion:
Maybe if it used a brighter red and yellow, those shades are a bit dull

splat

Smash Lord
Maybe if it used a brighter red and yellow, those shades are a bit dull
Even if I brighten his shirt up a lot, it's still very brown. The main problem, I think, is that the entire vertical axis is brown right now.

I think it could work if shoes wouldn't be brown, to offset the colors a bit. That isn't really canon, though.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Even if I brighten his shirt up a lot, it's still very brown. The main problem, I think, is that the entire vertical axis is brown right now.

I think it could work if shoes wouldn't be brown, to offset the colors a bit. That isn't really canon, though.
Maybe trying a more reddish / orangish brown for the shirt / shoes similar to the clay model of Flint could probably make it look better and or make it blend in a little better.

Last edited:

Momoeshie

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2723-8562-2360
My favorites so far are his default and the Boney T-shirt. I hope the blue/ white one comes back, and maybe a costume inspired by Kumatora/ Duster

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
No!!! Actually looking at the Pink / Purple one, now it actually looks really good to me and I hope it comes back. I don't want Porky's ugly face ruining the shirt either.
Owie my feelings. You're talking to the biggest Porky supporter on these boards.:c

Besides, I was implying the young kid Porky would be there, not old man mustache Porky, if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom