• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas or Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
I have mained Ness since the dawn of Brawl's life time....

I fear, if I keep playing him as much as I do now(I play him too much), I fear my skill isn't going to change any time soon......(I just don't have any new tricks)

I use Lucas as a somewhat secondary and feel I can play him about 2/3 as good as I can play Ness and I can get his Bair and Dair to spike regularly..

And so, I would like to hear some opinions on what people suggest on my choices.

My first would be to learn new tricks to fight other Ness mains and try learning their best tricks to add a little variety to my game, and using guides to learn advance techniques.

My second would be learning to use the better Mother character(tier wise) and trying to do the same as the above while keeping Ness as a secondary character option.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
oh no...
another one.

well it depends. you like aerials and strong throws. stay ness. you like... whatever lucas has then pick lucas. it's really all up to who you feel more comfortable with. for the record, you don't stop getting better, you just get better slowly. it starts to take long and longer to get better after while.

oh and uhm lucas has a bad matchup against ness lol.

just stick with ness. lucas may be higher tier wise now, but i think he's going to drop and ness will rise.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
I like to fuse them together in a beautiful combination I call Nucas. Or Less. I can't decide.

Both are similar, but quite different in playstyle...You don't see many Lucases baiting for their PKT2 all the time like Ness does, but on the flip side of that (oh GOD I used a 90's-ism) Lucas's got a very spammable projectile, a more useful fsmash, and many, many recovery options. Comes down to what you like to play as more.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Lord. Not another one. paper otavio, I thought you knew better. :laugh:

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ness is better than Lucas by a small %
But Lucas is more fun to play,has more AT's, and has more potential IMO
Nothin against Ness mains:)...Ness rocks!
So if u want a fun character then play Lucas
Or play a top tier...MK, Snake, G&W, and Dedede are good choices if u wanna win tournies.

:038:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ninten.... In all truthfulness this topics don't go much of anywhere. They are also repeated a lot...

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
What the hell? If you MUST play one, stick with Ness. Lucas is just flat-out worse, bottom-tierish tbqh.

Levitas

the moon
What the hell? If you MUST play one, stick with Ness. Lucas is just flat-out worse, bottom-tierish tbqh.
interesting. Despite superior spacing tools and a better recovery, he's the garbage one.

Ness is pretty bad, too.

Ness has better combos if you start with a Psi fire.Afterwards everythings up to you.
Any combo that starts with pk fire ends with the opponent SDIing out of the flame and doing bad stuff to you. Especially if you're playing against a marth.

Neon Ness

Because compared to Melee's Ness, Brawl's Ness is highly nerfed.
Who what where when why!?

I feel, like... the complete opposite... I must be doing it rawng.

In Brawl, PKT2 kills earlier, Ness can double jump while using down air so he doesn't have to kill himself using it, PK Fire does a better job of trapping opponents initially, the Yo-Yo is no longer garbage and is just all around better (besides the lack of dropped hitbox shenanigans...), Fair spaces more effectively...

Sorry, but I think Brawl Ness actually got betta. Though I admit that his Melee dash attack was better in its strange trajectory.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I feel Lucas while Low Tier, is much stronger then Ness. Because compared to Melee's Ness, Brawl's Ness is highly nerfed. But, meh I prefer Lucas becuase he's more agile and has better range attacks.
AHAHAHAHA!!!

LOL!

Sorry but Melee Ness sucked. Badly.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
this thread is brought wrong..

topic title should be:
Omelets or fried chicken?

Levitas

the moon
Those were sexy.

What was the matchup vs them anywho?
The matchups were the following:

Simna: wins for some reason. Places well at EVO

Mofa: wins and does it in a really sexy manner.

Mow: ***** everything. fact.

Angry lobster: has a pretty good chance of winning.

Ademisk: *****es about the shine gimp

Thesage: loses to some scrubby jiggs for some reason, so I'm guessing not great.

Me: Apparently I don't care what the matchup is. I get 9th at pretty much every melee tournament I go to regardless of who I use, who the opponents use, how many entrants there are, it's really weird.

That's the Fox/Falco vs Ness matchup in melee.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
The matchups were the following:

Simna: wins for some reason. Places well at EVO

Mofa: wins and does it in a really sexy manner.

Mow: ***** everything. fact.

Angry lobster: has a pretty good chance of winning.

Ademisk: *****es about the shine gimp

Thesage: loses to some scrubby jiggs for some reason, so I'm guessing not great.

Me: Apparently I don't care what the matchup is. I get 9th at pretty much every melee tournament I go to regardless of who I use, who the opponents use, how many entrants there are, it's really weird.

That's the Fox/Falco vs Ness matchup in melee.
So it's a 45-56, but can swing to 4-6 for the spacies depending on level? Thanks.

Levitas

the moon
Honestly, I think it's a 50-50 if they don't know the matchup, and a 65-35 for them if they do.

I've beaten a falco that's better than me on DL64 simply because he didn't know what to do about my DJC spacing mixups.

Clausking52

Smash Rookie
like its been said before, it all depends on how you play. personally i play them both because Lucas is a lot more agile than Ness but Ness is obviously more powerful. But if you had to pick one i would go with Lucas just because of better defensive game and recovery. Also he's fun to play as. Oh lawd this is going to start a war i know it. Just imagine what would happen if they put Ninten in Brawl.

arfer

Smash Cadet
Ninten in brawl? Ninten and Ness look too similar, in my mind Ness essentially IS Ninten.

Lucas is fun to play as, but really Ness better suits my playing style.

Neon Ness

Someone pleeeaaase make Levi a moderator so he can destroy threads like these.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom