• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Only Tournament

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I wanted to inform everyone of an idea I ripped straight from the Mewtwo boards thought of today; what if we have a tournament dedicated to the celebration of our little hero being rereleased for Smash? That is, a tourney that consists of only him and the fans who want to use him once he's released.
Now, of course, this tourney won't be available until he actually is released, but I wanted to post this to see how many of you guys would be interested in participating to see who is the quickest to master the art of PK Lovin'.

Finally, I will be hosting a tournament for both systems (3DS and Wii U) on different dates.

Rules
3 Stock Matches
8 Minute Timer
Best 2/3
Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals 3/5
Customs Moves are Permitted, but NOT Custom Equipment

Wii U version
Starter stages-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Miiverse
Counterpicks-
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Onett
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Omega Stages
(Any other Mother stage that might be released)

3DS version
-Starters-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Tomodachi Life
-Counterpicks-
Arena Ferox
Yoshi's Island
Magicant
Brinstar
Prism Tower

THOSE INTERESTED IN JOINING (wiiU):

JimmyTheCaterpillar
FullMoon
Jiggly
Speed
BSXDrayden
CyberHyperPhoenix
ForteX
Michael!
SpatMan
GreatSogeKing
ItsZyker
Ecchin
MEWTWOMASTER2002
Drippy
CHOVI
PSIBoy
Chaizord
Diltune
1/128
Flan76
Agent Emerald
Funen1
Indigeau
n0b0dy
Omegascizor456
Shrimpchris
AwkwardNess
Jinlennon
Schiffe
xCoCo
Sneakygamer37
Lochy
Tornado_Man
Mishudo
gameonion

THOSE INTERESTED IN JOINING (3DS):
JimmyTheCaterpillar
ForteX
Michael!
CHOVI
MeatOfJustice
Ecchin
PSIBoy
MEWTWOMASTER2002
Chaizord
Agent Emerald
PSIMagnet
n0b0dy
ToastCunfirmed
gameonion

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post in this thread. Lord knows I forgot SOMETHING...
Thanks to @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed for unknowingly helping me write all this out.

PLEASE STATE WHICH TOURNAMENT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENTER IN YOUR COMMENT. DESPITE MY COUNTLESS HOURS OF TRYING TO BE, I AM NOT MAGIC AND CANNOT TELL WHICH SYSTEMS YOU OWN.

UPDATES
  • The WiiU tournament will be held on June 23rd (a Tuesday) at 4:30pm CST. The Challonge sign-up page is here.
  • The 3DS tournament will be held on June 21st (a Sunday) at 6:00pm CST. The Challonge sign-up page is here.
  • The Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn items will be legal on the LOW setting. If you would like them off, that is up to you and your opponent on a set-by-set basis.
  • The prizes are still possible for both systems, but so far, the WiiU and 3DS will at least get a $10 eShop card code. (though maybe not necessarily right after the tournament ends.)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I wanted to inform everyone of an idea I ripped straight from the Mewtwo boards thought of today; what if we have a tournament dedicated to the celebration of our little hero being rereleased for Smash? That is, a tourney that consists of only him and the fans who want to use him once he's released.
Now, of course, this tourney won't be available until he actually is released, but I wanted to post this to see how many of you guys would be interested in participating to see who is the quickest to master the art of PK Lovin'.

I am but a poor man, so no prize at this moment... But I am planning to gather some cash for an eShop card, and I have time since he won't be released til June, anyhow. There will be soon, so stay with me.

Finally, I will probably be hosting a tournament for both systems (3DS and Wii U) on different dates, at the moment, only WiiU is getting a prize, but that will probably change.

Rules
3 Stock Matches
8 Minute Timer
Best 2/3
Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals 3/5
Customs Moves are Permitted, but NOT Custom Equipment

Wii U version
Starter stages-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Miiverse
Counterpicks-
Castle Seige
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Onett
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Omega Stages

3DS version
-Starters-
Battlefield
Final Destination
Tomodachi Life
-Counterpicks-
Arena Ferox
Yoshi's Island
Magicant
Brinstar
Prism Tower

THOSE INTERESTED IN JOINING (wiiU):

JimmyTheCaterpillar
FullMoon
Speed

THOSE INTERESTED IN JOINING (3DS):
JimmyTheCaterpillar

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post in this thread. Lord knows I forgot SOMETHING...
Thanks to @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed for unknowingly helping me write all this out.
Interested for Wii U :p

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I would join. Planning to main him :3

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm joining the Mewtwo tournament, and I am open to joining the Lucas tournament as he was my third character in Brawl. I have both versions.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
I might be able to do both, but I'm not sure about my schedule. Chances are, I'll be able to, but I might not as well.

ItsZyker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ItsZyker
I would love to join! Altho I got two things to say, number one I don't think there should be a prize it should just be the Lucas Boards celebrated our character. And two, please consider 2 stock 6 minutes!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Count me in the for the Wii U tournament! I can assure you I'll be playing Lucas nonstop when he comes out and I'll probably be getting myself a copy of Brawl before June just so I can play Lucas in SSE allllll day.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I would love to join! Altho I got two things to say, number one I don't think there should be a prize it should just be the Lucas Boards celebrated our character. And two, please consider 2 stock 6 minutes!
You have a point, but seeing as how it's for free, and I'm willing to put up the money, why not?

Also, I'm sorry, but I am a firm believer of 3 stock and I will not be shaken.

Drippy

Smash Ace
First of all, thanks for being awesome for hosting this tournament. I may offer a five dollar Amazon gift card too when the time comes, I just don't know how it'd work if I won though :3 (Joking I'm trash at this game so I won't win)

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Ness is one of my mains and I like most of his Lucas customs (Didn't use him on Brawl, but now that I'm playing MOTHER 3 for the first time I'm excited to play as him), I'll join for the 3DS Tournament!

ItsZyker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ItsZyker
You have a point, but seeing as how it's for free, and I'm willing to put up the money, why not?

Also, I'm sorry, but I am a firm believer of 3 stock and I will not be shaken.
If you want to put money go ahead, but im saying everyone would play even if their isnt money, and I except your opinion on 3 stocks after all you are the tournament host.

Also I am interesting in joining for Wii U!

Last edited:

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Totally looking forward to this! Dittos are always fun, especially with your main! Oh, and I'll go for the Wii U.

Last edited:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested and would like to join, but life circumstances are keeping me from seeing if I'll enter for Wii U or 3ds.

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
Don't think there's anything in June that might prevent me from playing, so I'll sign up for the Wii U tourney.

Also, do we know when Miiverse is supposed to be released? No guarantee it'll be when Lucas is released too. If it's not available, perhaps we could add other stages to the starter list? Aside from T&C, maybe Onett because this is a Lucas tournament? :V

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Don't think there's anything in June that might prevent me from playing, so I'll sign up for the Wii U tourney.

Also, do we know when Miiverse is supposed to be released? No guarantee it'll be when Lucas is released too. If it's not available, perhaps we could add other stages to the starter list? Aside from T&C, maybe Onett because this is a Lucas tournament? :V
I'm almost positively positive that Miiverse will be out by then.

And about Onett and Magicant, I'm still mulling over whether or not they should be starters or not, because a lot of janky stuff DOES happen there. But no matter what, they will be at least counterpicks.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
So I have a a quick question for you guys.

How would everyone feel if I made the Mother items (Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge) legal? If yes, then under what conditions? Should they be on low, high, up to the players?

Give me your thoughts!
:lucas::4lucas::4lucas:

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega

How would everyone feel if I made the Mother items (Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge) legal? If yes, then under what conditions? Should they be on low, high, up to the players?

Give me your thoughts!
I think that IF they end up being legal, they should be in low, since a Franklin Badge could REALLY screw up the other Lucas, even though Lucas's game is not 100% projectile driven, but at least 40% of it is. I'm totally fine with Mr. Saturns, however. but I think most people will prefer a itemless tournament anyway.

Chaizord

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nintenbro116

Give me your thoughts!
I think that it would mess up the game too much, but it would be fun!

ilysm

sleepy
Only just saw this, but I'm totally in on the Wii U! Sounds like tonnes of fonne. As far as MOTHER items go, I would be totally chill with that and actually thing it would spice things up and add to the funny, celebratory, non-serious tone of the tournament. Think it'd be a great idea, to be honest--as long as they're on low. Think of all the shenanigans. But without items works just as well. Maybe make them legal in a gentleperson's agreement?

n0b0dy

Smash Rookie
I might be a bit late, but I'd be up to join both Wii U and 3DS tournaments! As for the items, I certainly wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom