• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas & Ness: Who counters what?

MasterKoga

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm a Lucas main and Ness second. As far as using them both in tournaments, I'd like to know one thing - Which is a better counter against each character? Obviously, Ness would be good aerially, and Lucas would be for ground and keepaway. I'm posting this on Ness and Lucas boards, so I'd like to know who to use for what situation. If you guys couldn't give a full list, at least for....

Meta Knight
Snake
Toon Link
Rob
Pikachu
Game and Watch
Pit
King Dedede

And any others. if you guys could give suggestions, much thanks!

xXLucaXx

Smash Rookie
well im really good at both.
but heres what id do for mine anyways.

meta-lucas
snake-deffinately ness:spike his recovery!!!!
toon link-lucas
rob-lucas
pikachu-lucas
game and watch- undecided... maybe ness back throw and fair ftw!
pit-either XD- i havent even played a gooood pit.
dedede-either-with ness spike his up b recovery and with lucas just play lucas XD nairs and jab combos and fsmashes and dont forget to quench your thirst from the waddle dees!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Didnt you already make this topic?
Well, I reccommend Lucas for Pit since he can abosrb arrows better and gimp Pits recovery more easily.
MK is Lucas. He just takes away Ness' airgame and kills his recovery.
Ness for Snake. Cypher spiking FTW. Also, yo-yos and dtilts stop mortar sliding.
Ness can easily stop waddle dee spam with his PKF pillar.
Pikachu I'd say Lucas, but I dunno why. I just... hate PIka with Ness.
Toon Link Im guessing should go to Ness. He can really outcamp your PKF and i just dislike fighting him as Lucas.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
How?
Upsmash? If thats the reason, Lucas' usmash kills anyone around those percents. If were talking gimping with PKT here... well, you might be right.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'd assume Ness for Mr. Game & Watch, since he can absorb Lucas's PK Fire (Ness's too, but Ness doesn't spam it as much as Lucas).

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
One problem with that: Ness PKF pillar can be bucketed and fills it up all the way. It wont kill at 0, but it's strong.

Also, Mr. G&W's aerials (mainly bair) give Ness a pain.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd like to add a character to the list. Yoshi...(don't ask)

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi? yoshi is my usual opponent :) i use Lucas. i get owned when i play Ness and my bro actually almost beat simna, so that's gotta mean something. i dunno why, but i would say lucas (probly just cuz he's my main)

Trozz

Smash Ace
King Dedede's Up+B is easily gimped by Lucas' PKT. I love it. <_<
I thought DDD had super armor frames as he was going up. His up-b usually makes him super vulnerable to a u-smash, even if he doesn't cancel it.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Lucas' stick is a bad DI magnet and can kill several characters at 50%, and it REALLY easy to land on Pika.

You can also magnet spike DDD and heal off his stars and repeat several times if he keeps trying to land on the stage.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi? yoshi is my usual opponent :) i use Lucas. i get owned when i play Ness and my bro actually almost beat simna, so that's gotta mean something. i dunno why, but i would say lucas (probly just cuz he's my main)

i take that back. use Ness. definitely. Ness owns yoshi (most of the time). i don't know what i was doing wrong before, but i sure as hell fixed it!

Top Bottom