• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas in brawl+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBrawler

Smash Rookie
So I was playing around on Brawl + and I decided to test Lucas.

All in all I really like brawl+ except for lucas in that game. I like the mix feel between melee and brawl in that version but there are some things I was just working on with lucas that I figure I would post on here and see what people think. I looked around and if there is a lucas brawl+ board then I apologize for double posting.

Nair:

So as many have tried Nair comes out a lot faster and seems to have more priority than it did before. However I was playing around with some tournament players with it and it seems that many of the combos available in the previous version are harder to combo with Nair. Nair Nair is much much harder in this version and I find that Nair, Utilt is much safer than any other combo.

Dair:

Dair has become a really great move in my mind only due to the new physics in this game. As many notice characters are faster and there is more sliding and momentum in these versions. I found that lucas can fly across the stage with his Dair and it seems like a moderate decent approach. A huge problem I have with this new system is that the fourth hit of Lucas' Dair does not have hit stun and does not knock them up anymore. This might be fixed in future versions but until then I am very disappointed that this is gone.

Bair:
With the autocancel system Bair has become a much safer and viable move. You can do the same with Dair and use the momentum of this game to sweep across the stage and use the Bair. Oh I have a huge question for brawl+ lucas players: WHERE IS THE SPIKE SPOT? I was very good at spiking in the last game and I have tried it over and over and can't consistently find where the spot is anymore. So if anyone knows if its the same please post and let me know.

Uair:
I love Uair in this game. :-) In the last version it did decent knockback/damage and came out very fast. Well the knockback increased slightly and with the increased speed seems like it comes out a little faster. It is easier to bounce across the stage with this move and cause some decent damage.

Tilts:
Lucas' tilts do come out faster! Now I know that everyone in this version got a speed boost but I do enjoy that his ftilt comes out much faster than it used to. This is good because it helps counter characters like G-dorf whose punch comes out extremely extremely quick.

B-sticking:
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I do not see a huge need to B-stick with lucas in this version. Since the game is more bouncy and floaty I found wavebouncing is doable without the use of the b-stick. Magnet pulling does not work with the B-stick anymore with 3 of the versions I tried but you can magnet pull using the regular b controls. So essentially B-stick is good for Zap Jumping or if you want to Psi Dash but other than that I haven't seen a need for it.

I think other than that Lucas plays virtually the same. Many characters are now able to juggle but Lucas seems to be one of the people who do not have any more juggles. I personally think Lucas is slightly worse in this version in comparison to brawl but that's my opinion. Of course brawl+ is getting updated nightly now so in the more finalized version of the game Lucas might come back and kick some butt. Please post what you think about Lucas and in the end i might make a compilation of everyone's testing/work for future lucas players to see how to play lucas in Brawl+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom