• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Boards Q&A Thread

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Ask your questions here! they could be about anything related to lucas' game. if you have problems performing a technique, or even just have a problem against a move/character, this is the place to ask. We will try to respond to your Questions as soon as possible, hopefully with mulptiple answers.

so start asking.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I've got one: when is it worth it to attempt a Zap Jump while recovering? PK Fire's lag means you're pretty much dead if you screw it up.

Also first.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
I've got one: when is it worth it to attempt a Zap Jump while recovering? PK Fire's lag means you're pretty much dead if you screw it up.

Also first.
i attemt the zap jump, so if i do it right, i'd be in the rigth position to use the ropesnake
i wait to use it that way, i don't like to recover really high
but that's the problem if you miss the zap jump, you are dead :( just practice it so that you can do it 100% of the time (i'm in like 70% yet :p) (you have to master zap jump, for me, a Lucas player who doesn't know how to zap jump, is like a marth player that can finish the side b combo)
if you are about to get gimped, i mean Marth jump to hit with fair, just wait a little and zap jump so you can hit him with PK fire, and recover easily
i still recommend wave zap (wavebounced zap jump+psi magnet), i'm practicing on it, but i'm not confident to use it in battle

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I'm in the same boat as far as practicing goes. I tried changing my controller setup, but it's so ingrained into me that anything else messes me up completely. I even use both shield buttons. o_O

Levitas

the moon
How did we not have these before? Also, zap jumping is always worth it. The kind of timing you need to capitalize on good characters played by decent players is stricter than zap jumps anyway, so it shouldn't be hard to get consistently anyways.

Seanson

Smash Ace
i often use zap jumping to turn recovering from below into recovering from above. usually I zap jump then immediately pk thunder right after. doing this allows me to either recover high up (land on top of battlefield platform for example) or to do a low angle pkt2 (and grab edge or slide a bit near the edge (can be used to trick them occasionally, not everyone expects low angle pkt2)

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Two Questions

how do I pull off a PKfire cancel (like cancels out the "recoil)
and a jab cancel to a grab??

tnx =]

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
can u describe PKF cancel with a little more detail? i'm not sure what u mean.

jab cancel to grab- after ur first or second jab, press down then a dashing grab. but it's no good with lucas. his grab is too slow
:094:

EDIT: oh u mean backwards momemtum?
Short hop and hold forward
:094::094:

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
tnxx =]

APC, I saw one of your vids when you do a single jump then wavebounce pkf, and do a zjump when you're like 2mm off the ground...
and.... you also do a small doublejump to a reverse magnet pull...

After you do a PKF in mid-air, there's a delay... how can I reduce that??

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
you can not "reduce" it. to land without lag, you have to do a rising full hop pk fire, because anything else will result in landing with lag.

Edit: if you start a pk fire while falling and not out of a jump, just learn the height for when to do it.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
buffering is really the only thing u can do. lag isnt reduced. you'll attack as soon as it ends; pretty much a safety blanket.
man, i need to be more specific with my posts.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
tnxx =]

APC, I saw one of your vids when you do a single jump then wavebounce pkf, and do a zjump when you're like 2mm off the ground...
and.... you also do a small doublejump to a reverse magnet pull...

After you do a PKF in mid-air, there's a delay... how can I reduce that??
i supposed you watched this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvuUzJ-eOsw
those are some variations of lagless pk fire ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z30b3-6qdG8 )
the easiest way is to jump and use the attack (this case PK Fire) at the same time, that way you'll do a rising pk fire and the pk fire animation will end before you touch the ground, with enough time to jump again or whatever

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
ty =D you just answered my question..

srry I was too lazy to go and try to find out how to do those... xD

tnx again

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
lol
how's it dumb??
it reduces the threads in the Lucas Boards... Q&A..
so ppl wouldn't make a new thread just to ask a question.. o_O

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
I've got a queston! for lucas's back a where exactly do i have to hit the opponent for me to land a meteor smash? and wats the closest they can be to the stage?

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
i have a question. for lucas's back a where exactly do i have to land it on the opponent to perform a mereor smash? and how close can they be to the stage for me to use the back a

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
lol
how's it dumb??
it reduces the threads in the Lucas Boards... Q&A..
so ppl wouldn't make a new thread just to ask a question.. o_O
you misunderstood lol
sticky means it stays here. this needs to be sticky-ed so people dont make new threads asking the same questions.

i have a question. for lucas's back a where exactly do i have to land it on the opponent to perform a mereor smash? and how close can they be to the stage for me to use the back a
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194623 <-----everything you need to know about lucas is in here, including spiking with bair

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Levitas

the moon
If people have an interest, I wouldn't mind getting the chat going.

Of course, there'd have to be a sufficient population.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Cool, now that you guys have a xat, the main owner (Chu245 i'm assuming?) should tab xat.com/Wifi_Room. So far there are now 6 chats connected. To do it: Click "Edit your chat", then type "Wifi_Room", then click get, then select it, then OK.

(You should promote the your xat more btw, maybe a thread or sig)

gl

Top Bottom