• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucaryu Official Discussion thread

Zoa

Smash Ace
Risky, do you mean CC dsmash from dair or the charge hitbox? What about aerials?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I remember doing this before, but it looks like it's not possible in 3.5. If you hit something with the Fair it certainly becomes possible.
No you're just not good at early aerials (like everyone else); which is the point of the challenge

Last edited:

Risky

Smash Ace
Risky, do you mean CC dsmash from dair or the charge hitbox? What about aerials?
I mean during any of it. Try to Dair -> ASC and do any follow up to him while he's either; mashing Nair, mashing crouch cancel dsmash, spamming/buffering roll or spot dodge.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Hey, Risky. I got some time in to test that stuff. It looks like a combination of SDI and DI can in fact screw you over, though the timing is really tight to retaliate it seems. My little brother's coming over for a week with his Wii I got him earlier this year for his birthday. I'll try some frame advancing and see how long the non-tumble hitstun is, and see if there are ways we can capitalize off it. If platform pressure doesn't work with it, then there's always the possibility out of B reverse usmash I think.

Risky

Smash Ace
How does one b-reverse an up smash? I must know this tech. :lick:

Just got 2nd at the local weekly. Did a couple cool things that I'll try to post at some point. DTC -> Usmash 1 hit -> ASC Grab as a tech chase.

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad Haven't tried.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Well, it's possible to B reverse usmash on the first and second hits. I think I've seen it done third hit. I do ASC cancel a lot on the third hit, ASC, dair, then FP grab. Just an assumption I had. Is it possible to B reverse a fair? Like fair -> ASC -> bair? Or does end it end up producing a wavebounce?

StriderZero

Smash Rookie
It is possible to f-air -> ASC -> b-air, but it may not hit the person who you f-aired. I haven't tested this yet but I'll confirm with you later. It might work on low percents though.

Zoa

Smash Ace
It is possible to f-air -> ASC -> b-air, but it may not hit the person who you f-aired. I haven't tested this yet but I'll confirm with you later. It might work on low percents though.
Oh cool. Thing is I'm interested in the turnaround more that anything. Is it just a plain B reverse?

Zoa

Smash Ace
Risky, can you confirm AB is able to hit characters hanging from the ledge?

Zoa

Smash Ace
Okay cool. I'm should be able to do some debug mode today if I don't get called in for work. Was trying to confirm if it is limited to characters before testing.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I think I'm catching up on all these acronyms, but just one thing. FP grab is Frame Perfect, right?

Edit: Oh wait, force palm...normal grabs aren't even in the magic sequence, are they?

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I find Roy much harder than Marth with Lucario. Marth I find struggles a lot with crossups, so I like to double team a lot against Marth, Roy dSmash absolutely destroys that though and an fSmash read on a crossup is MUCH more devastating due to Roy's sweet spot.
In my experience, Lucario's conversions against Roy are much more devastating due to his fall speed. The down tilt and down smash are definitely superior combo materials compared to Marth's but at the same time Lucario's weight means Marth can more easily transition into something devastating from early on.

That could be either 0 1 or 2. not starting each stock with 1 potentially feels really evil to me..what am I to do about spacies x.x
I use aura cancels and powered attacks to finish off my opponents, usually expending all my charges in the process. I often feel like I'm caught with my pants down at later percentages when an opponent like Falcon or Roy comes barreling out of respawn with invincibility, because if I am knocked off stage then I don't have access to the tool that makes Lucario's recover so good. I would be okay with killing an enemy to reward automatically Lucario with ~20% aura to put him closer to having options after a kill. Taunting for 5% at a time is just too slow. Guess we'll just have to get better instead!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So this happened today:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Well, it's possible to B reverse usmash on the first and second hits. I think I've seen it done third hit. I do ASC cancel a lot on the third hit, ASC, dair, then FP grab. Just an assumption I had. Is it possible to B reverse a fair? Like fair -> ASC -> bair? Or does end it end up producing a wavebounce?
is this post serious

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Can't tell if serious or trolling.
We aren't talking about the same thing...are we?
@ SpiderMad SpiderMad what I tried sh fari>dair it was super low to the ground...idk how useful that is. You can sh waveland fair and uair, so that's something.

Last edited:

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Later next week I am gonna try and getting around to making a frame data thread (just a basic skeleton, see how much work it is). Which format would you guys prefer: Aerodome's style of frame data or Sartron's? Sartrons has the potential to add GIF's while Aerodome's seems much easier to scan as a whole. No promises, just gonna try it out and see how it works out.

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Later next week I am gonna try and getting around to making a frame data thread (just a basic skeleton, see how much work it is). Which format would you guys prefer: Aerodome's style of frame data or Sartron's? Sartrons has the potential to add GIF's while Aerodome's seems much easier to scan as a whole. No promises, just gonna try it out and see how it works out.
I'm actually making a new format for my threads to make it more friendly. The first being, http://smashboards.com/threads/354772/

Sartron

Smash Journeyman
Not to derail the thread, but how do you do GIF's (and host them?).
I dump every frame of the animation using BrawlBox first, then arrange them using Camtasia, and finally upload them using FileZilla to personal web storage of mine.

That's the basic rundown, it actually takes a really long time (and lots of work) depending on the character and animations and such (frame speed modifiers massacre the unprepared)

Last edited:

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
So how do I do Smashboard stuff like making tables and spoilers. I think I am ready to give it a try, but I realized I have absolutely no idea how to use these forums outside of replying...

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
I'm not quite sure how well this is known, but back in the 2.5 update (which is pretty much current Lucario), the patch notes noted that Lucario could now input OHC during hitlag, which effectively made canceled moves come out one additional frame positive of the norm. Additionally, more recently I was suggested to read this post discussing Lucario shield pressure (thanks again for this nifty thing, nameless.ez), and in it was mentioned that an opponent hit by Lucario's downsmash was stuck in shield for fifteen frames (contrary to our most current frame data at the time suggesting 8 frames of shield stun).

So I tested it. Turns out Lucario can indeed OHC at any time during [global(?)] hitlag, but the next move in the string begins one frame before hitlag ends, hence that extra frame we have been getting. Additionally (and much more exciting, in my opinion), because of this the execution of a string on hit or on shield does not technically have to be frame perfect since the Lucario player has the duration of hitlag to input the move and have it occur as soon as possible. Also, it is a lovely (possibly unintentional) nod to the classic fighter form of preemptive inputs.

Once again, not sure how well known. It only recently clicked for me.

LupinX

Smash Journeyman
whats a good character to face in practice mode for ASC on? I wanna try to have a lucario secondary for the funzzies and i love his combo game

Top Bottom