• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucaryu Official Discussion thread

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Thanks for the tips, CORY and DarkGun. I'll be sure to take those into consideration with my Lucario game. But as for as the SH D-Air > FP, I'll try and make a video sometime soon, just showing how it looks like, and if a roll/OoS option can be performed in time to escape out of it. Given it's 6 frames of time to be punished, it doesn't even feel like it. Especially on the fact that I've caught a ton of players with it, but we'll see what happens.

Also, Denti pls.
it's more that if they get used to it, they can start to buffer rolls/dodges out of it and be safe (don't think there's any oos options other than bowser upb that beat it), so it's not guaranteed.

but then, you can start predicting their rolling or whatnot and do stuff back to them (in theory, at least).

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
it's more that if they get used to it, they can start to buffer rolls/dodges out of it and be safe (don't think there's any oos options other than bowser upb that beat it), so it's not guaranteed.

but then, you can start predicting their rolling or whatnot and do stuff back to them (in theory, at least).
This basically applies to all Lucario stuff.
D-Tilt (optional following U-Smash) > ASC > follow-up accordingly, is the best method I've adapted to deal with this common-issue.
So many... Viper-Box-Loops.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i said it in the idea submission thread and i'll say it again. his normal aura spheres should go at a down diagonal angle when launched in the air, like the street fighter characters he's so blatantly repping. the spirit bomb however should remain the same because if that could be shot downward diagonally if would destroy the recovery options of most characters lol. and maybe, just maybe they could revamp his f-air. the pmbr realized how garbage his aerials are in general so they breathed lif into his b-air and n-air. his f-air should receive a similar blessing

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, that's a very inaccurate insight into our development process, or why the decision to nuance his aerials from 2.1 to have 'aura sweet spots' even came about. I can at least say the aerials being 'garbage' was not the case. It is also worth noting that 2.1>2.5 introduced the refined OHC timings which had a dramatic impact to the performance of his aerials game. That in it of itself beget a review of his aerials.

On the subject of Fair, it is active from frame 4-13. From frames 4-9, he has a sweet spot, indicated by the aura spark graphic. Dmg 12, Angle 60, KBG 70, BKB 40. (Compared to the other hits of the same window, Dmg 11, Angle 361 (aka Sakurai Angle), KBG 70, BKB 30. Or the late window frames 10-13, Dmg 8, Angle 361, KBG 100, BKB 15)
By understanding the nuances of Fair, I think you'll find its actually a very versatile tool.

On down angled A.nB. There are certainly trade offs to consider. Also, while I may agree with you that I see more influence from characters like Akuma in PM Lucario, his kit actually exhibits influence from a number of different characters. There is also the added technical limitation to consider. The existing article floats that control nB angle controls it for both Grounded and Aerial. It is no simple task to simply adjust it for Aerial. To that point, a great case would have to be made for that particular change in order to justify the work involved into making it happen. I will at least tell you that the concept has been raised on more than one occasion in PMBR.

Hope you all are looking forward to Lucario in the next release of Project M!

BlinkIV

Avenger
I'm wondering what changes are going to be coming to Lucario in the coming version, it's kind of exciting.

A few things I did want to bring up though: Doing D-air > FP on grounded opponents shield can guarantee a grab, I've tested it yesterday with the guys (Oracle, Denti, Light, and Awestin), and have landed it consistently. It does show to be an air grab the quicker you cancel the D-air into the FP, but the later you do it would get you the grounded grab. It's really good, and provides a tech chase chance if you happen to land the aerial grab, which does lead to some very strong follow ups. I think it MAY not work on probably G&W and Bowser due to Up-B OoS coming out on frame 1, but I haven't tested those characters yet.

Another thing: Regarding the D-air > FP, it turns out you can also do it off-stage to guarantee an aerial grab kill. Most times I would just do a "BnB" and ending with F-air > ASC > D-air (1st hit) > FP. But I do think, since you've already gained momentum from doing a combo, you would have to B-Reverse the FP to make it work. I was mainly doing B-Reverse FP's after D-air off stage and it's never missed so far. Kind of like a throwback to 2.1 Lucario of doing F-air > FP, except this isn't the easiest thing to do.

Does anyone tech chase with FP at all? Example being: Let's say you get an opponent on the ground, and you know they're gonna roll. Would you chase the roll and then FP? Just because if you miss the grab, there's still a hitbox from it. So it's a great way to punish a spot dodge from an opoonent. Even though you can't follow up after the FP hit, it's still really good for getting an opponent and getting stage control to your favor.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I prefer Grab over basically... everything.
FP is a sadface compared to a REAL Grab. :p

Lucario can ToD if the opponent already has 50ish% or whatever, so, as my posts have been the last couple pages, try not to go into true-neutrals once you get a hit. Don't hard-finish combos, and just do reset-styled pressure with his quick slight-mix-up games and DD's. It's counter-intuitive, given how weak his raw-neutral is, and how he's designed literally as the 'everything combos into stuff' character, but any hard-finish to something outside of when he can ToD (or close) someone is just going to make it difficult. Use controlled neutrals consistently once you connect a hit, and don't let go by over-committing to finishing or extensions. Just reset to semi-neutrals and keep control.
So backwards, but everything seems to be leading there. ToD at 50%? Weaker raw-Neutral? Can link and mix-up well after connecting hits? Good, when you get a hit, link and mix-up with controlled neutrals so when you get them to 50%, you're not back in a raw-neutral, so you can easily Touch-of-Death them from there without the weak-period again.
Silly vortex-loops all day. None of this 10-hit combos into... barely any % and slight positional advantage. Sure, those GG-Combos will be around, but banking on them seems to be hurting Lucario meta-game more than anything.
Repeat-messages-rock

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
A few things I did want to bring up though: Doing D-air > FP on grounded opponents shield can guarantee a grab, I've tested it yesterday with the guys (Oracle, Denti, Light, and Awestin), and have landed it consistently. It does show to be an air grab the quicker you cancel the D-air into the FP, but the later you do it would get you the grounded grab. .

I've done this many times against my friends when I play against them, but I never knew it was guaranteed. Good to know. So is dair a relatively "safe" approach option since it is good on shield and on hit?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
'Safe' if you can get in there, which you 'should' be able to if you've established any form of offense.
AKA, if you've conditioned your opponent to a point that they know you'll be aggressive if you get the chance, anything goes. D-air, you need to get close, but if it's a free-hit out of neutral/resets, then it can be worth all the risk, so 'safety' is bleh. KILL THEM ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanguard

Smash Cadet
Question: Anyone with respectable amounts of vs.Peach experience? Mine is very limited. Without going into detail about my experience, I find this a very difficult matchup for Lucario. I find myself leaning on just trying to outplay my opponent in the neutral game, playing cautiously, scoring hits/strings where I can.

Anyone have any tips?

iLink

Smash Champion
I focus a lot on good spacing and dash dancing in the matchup. Playing overly aggressive feels like a no-no. Trailing behind auraspheres seems to be pretty helpful for me in the matchup too.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
... Trailing behind auraspheres seems to be pretty helpful for me in the matchup too.
This. In the rounds that I've played against Peach players, while somewhat few, I have always found a use in AS to help restrict the floating option a bit. Against a stage height float for example, this forces an aerial, a double jump/full jump (if they choose to reset to the ground, which isn't too much of a bother, I suppose), or landing to shield, most of these options can likely be covered by a carefully spaced fair, though if you'd prefer a safer alternative, there's always more use for AS. And then, naturally, being comfortable with thrown items is always a plus.

If you're trying to extend combos against Peach, I would personally suggest ESC. This helps for wracking up damage faster via ES's damage specifically, and if you're confident enough, you can drag Peach up to the upper blast zone and finish with a uair or bair.

Floaties are hard. :(

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Question: Anyone with respectable amounts of vs.Peach experience? Mine is very limited. Without going into detail about my experience, I find this a very difficult matchup for Lucario. I find myself leaning on just trying to outplay my opponent in the neutral game, playing cautiously, scoring hits/strings where I can.

Anyone have any tips?
A lot of what I was mentioning earlier applies specifically to the match-ups Lucario 'seems' to struggle with. Hard-hix-box characters that like to be aggressive balls of hit-box on your FACE!
AS lots, but more significant to take note of is controlling resets so you're always in a controlled neutral, never a raw neutral unless you're ASing into some form of other bait.
DD-Grab, AS, controlled resets (don't finish your combos in a way that will give her too much room, just let her trying N-air/FC/whatever out of your pressure and be ready to punish it repeatedly)
ESC for sure is a solid combo-extender and finisher (see a couple posts above with an image on a good way to insure early-kills against Peach with ES).

ZIG-zaGz

Smash Rookie
I already posted this on the idea submission thread, but do you guys think the aura charge indicator should be given sooner? I failed a recovery because the glow didn't show up until Lucario was in special fall after I did up-B. I could have canceled and done an air dodge. (I was hitting the opponent off-stage, which is how I got the charge.)
Just be aware that each hit in Extreme Speed counts toward your aura charge count. After playing lucario long enough, you should be able to tell when you're going to get a charge during the middle of an up-B and cancel accordingly. In fact, I think it helps lucario. Knowing that you're about to get a charge allows you to surprise your opponent and maintain the upper hand. Once a player has fought lucario enough, they tend to watch for those blue glowing hands. But if there's no glow they don't know! :)

ZIG-zaGz

Smash Rookie
Hey gang. Want to drop a poll on you. In your opinion, who do you think are Lucario's best and worst matchups?

Worst match-ups starting with the toughest: sheik, peach, GnW, Falco, Wario, luigi/Mario. Lucario gets wrecked hard by the first 3.

Best match-ups in no particular order: Ganon, Zelda, Jiggs, bowser, Pit

I can go over some deets if you want.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Just be aware that each hit in Extreme Speed counts toward your aura charge count. After playing lucario long enough, you should be able to tell when you're going to get a charge during the middle of an up-B and cancel accordingly. In fact, I think it helps lucario. Knowing that you're about to get a charge allows you to surprise your opponent and maintain the upper hand. Once a player has fought lucario enough, they tend to watch for those blue glowing hands. But if there's no glow they don't know! :)
I didn't hit the opponent with up-B. I did a forward-air or something to finish off the opponent.

iLink

Smash Champion
So I caught a glimpse of jcaesar's 3.0 stream today. Nothing about Lucario seemed different at a glance except for one thing. It looked like he started the match with 1 charge and charges carried over stocks?

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar/b/481894629
damn i had to skim the whole thing to find what you were talking about -_-
the two hour mark is where lucario plays.
his aerial kill power is still pathetic but thats the tradeoff for having his own mini turbo mode so i'll just have to deal with it. it just gets frustrating seeing enemies at 130% and higher fly up and off the stage, and then come right back to kill me at 115%.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
So I caught a glimpse of jcaesar's 3.0 stream today. Nothing about Lucario seemed different at a glance except for one thing. It looked like he started the match with 1 charge and charges carried over stocks?
carrying charges between stocks would be huuuuuge. not sure about starting with 1 (if that's what was actually going on. i know it's tricky to tell with dev builds sometimes : / )

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Aerial kill power is bad?
N-Air and B-Air can't kill?
Even U-Air when needed?
srswat?

What's with everyone's obsession with spamming Down-B after attacks when you can just ASC?
Grabs are good.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
yeah man, its pretty bad. laggy unsafe n-air is pretty much his only killing tool in the air, whoever you play against has really **** di to die from his b-air or u-air, or did you have them at 140% or higher. then again maybe his aerials are better have more uses and substance than i make them out to be, maybe im just accustomed to early aerial kills from playing ganon for so long.

...nah

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
You can cancel the laggy N-Air on it, and freely combo into it, B-Air and U-Air still hit harder than what a lot of other characters have to offer. What are you complaining about in terms of aerial kill power? What would you want in terms of aerial kill power? He's not Marth, but anything even close to a Mario F-Air is ridiculous to expect. lol

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i understand the fact that he isnt supposed to hit hard because of the ohc system. i really do. but theres something about none of his throws (except maybe down throw) having legit followups, generally weak aerials, poor air mobility, laughably easy to juggle weight and the impossible to land aerial side b spike that makes me notice how much hes lacking. in terms of knockback if he had anything close to lucas' b-air, falcos b-air, fox's up air, bowsers f-air, or even wolfs f-air with a sourspot for up b cancel chases and a sweetspot for well deserved kills. jeez if the opponents analog stick is working, f-air doesnt lead into diddly squat, much less an air side b which was kinda cheap and unfair to be honest. even if you sweetspot f-air its not gonna do much besides turn your opponent blue -_- "versatile tool" my ass . i get that he's supposed to have shortcomings to balance out the ohc system, the super meter and improved specials, but as it stands, to kill an enemy off the top in most instances is a mammoth task, and off the sides on medium/large stages is no easy task either. letting him keep charges, and start a match with one wont help much either. everytime i go lucario, everytime i watch one play, he has to work twice as hard to finish an opponents stock, with them going well into the 130-160%s depending on di and stage size before he can end that stock, and taking atleast 60-90% before the opponent dies. look at the pm tournament results, if you dont believe me theres a reason why you always see lucarios place badly in tournaments, theres a reason you hardly see lucarios in tournaments at all, theres a reason barely anyone plays this character since broken, unhealthy 2.1 lucario and dont give the cop-out "metagame is still young" garbage excuse because you know who has a young metagame but is fully capable of winning tournaments and climbing the tier list? IKE IVY LUCAS SNAKE(future top tier character, quote me on that) TOON LINK WOLF SONIC ZELDA it hurts that i'm the only one seeing this, and its driving me bonkers... im starting to feel like a nutcase preaching on a soapbox. i dont want to main a broken character, just one that can win me a tournament without relying on fox falco snake or metaknight

iLink

Smash Champion
The reason you don't see Lucario place in tournaments is because he's a character that takes knowledge to use decently and tbh not a lot of Lucarios are even using him close to his potential. In most fighting games, the characters that are placing are usually among the easiest to use. A lot are lacking the knowledge to properly use AS cancels and just autopilot their chains and hope the opponent doesn't DI properly.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
lol at ^that post following the one above it.
I read your ramble Viewtiful, but don't get what you're trying to say. I thought this was about aerial-killing, so are you saying it's the thing you consider is holding him back from being decent?
*Confused.

F-Air is a utility tool? If aggressive walling mixed with random OHC uses (that could be done with any F-Air anyway) is considered utility, then WOW that's lame. haha

Pretty sure Bowser's F-Air is weaker in terms of killing than Lucario's N-Air, and maybe B-Air too.
It got the flubby arm. lol

This kind of goes back (AGAIN) to the post I made (the same I was referring to when talking to Vanguard) about controlled resets instead of combo-finishing. I'll just dig up the quote this time...

Edit: Never mind, just skim the last page (page 7), there's multiple posts worth reading about it.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
I read your ramble Viewtiful, but don't get what you're trying to say. I thought this was about aerial-killing, so are you saying it's the thing you consider is holding him back from being decent?
*Confused.
F-Air is a utility tool? If aggressive walling mixed with random OHC uses (that could be done with any F-Air anyway) is considered utility, then WOW that's lame. haha
This kind of goes back (AGAIN) to the post I made (the same I was referring to when talking to Vanguard) about controlled resets instead of combo-finishing.
ok i'll bite.
who said it was a utility tool, i was quoting vanguard when he said it was a versatile tool once understood, which i'm not seeing at all. to me its a weaker, less useful, less efficient version of sheiks/luigis f-air. seems you're talking about dashdance grabs and not going for hard finishes which i just dont agree with at all. i've read what you said about your controlled resets but honestly im not trying to reset anything. once my opponent is past 110% i personally want to kill them, nothing more nothing less, good luck with your viper box loops. "and his Grab game is both easy to use and great for punishing, since he gets so much out of it ." thats what you said. whats so magical about his grab game man? i really want to know what youre seeing because ive see everyone jump away before he can get anything. lucario can rack damage up sure, but from the air HE. CANT. KILL. the only legit thing i've seen from his grab is a throw into a aura bomb. his f-air or up- air is just what sticks out to me as insufficient. wolfs f-air is ideal because you can act accordingly to whether you get the sourspot, continuing juggling and keeping up pressure or by killing the opponent. n-air is an ok kill move but it seems too situational and junk. b-air has more uses i think especially with the turnaround.even bowsers f-air is better than lucarios i think. no one wants a braindead kill move like falcos d-air or fox's up smash, i want to be rewarded for controlling the match with precision, hard reads, not being overly reliant on aura charges, racking up damage quickly by taking the aggro route and ending the stock ASAP. the longer you cant kill the more damage YOU take and the more likely you are to die.
do you think lucarios fine as is including the aura charge he starts with and the fact that he keeps them upon respawn? i dont. either way i'll push him as far as i can, i really dont want to quit on this guy

iLink

Smash Champion
Last a check (which was like 2.5), Lucario's fair actually had a pretty high knockback angle and not anything close to what sheik/luigi's fair does. Maybe it could stand to hit similarly to marth's fair for more consistent KO setups? Might be asking for too much.

I still think bair would benefit in more situations if the hitbox was angled higher up kind of like the area where his old brawl bair would hit.

His throw game is kind of meh because of how easy it is to DI out of most follow-ups or jump out of the way. I hear his uthrow is changed a bit in 3.0 but I haven't seen myself.

Not sure how feasible it would be to code or if would even be balanced, but it would be nice if Lucario's sideb and downb were sped up to match how they were in 2.1 but only on hit and not on shield.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
carrying charges between stocks would be huuuuuge. not sure about starting with 1 (if that's what was actually going on. i know it's tricky to tell with dev builds sometimes : / )

Yeah there are quite a bit of test builds floating around the pmbr, they try a lot of things out lol, but the build I played this weekend was pretty much 3.0, with the exception of a ganon build me and KO tested. In that build, lucario started with an aura charge that he could use at the beginning of the match, and he also had one after he respawned, even if he didn't have one before he died.

Now keep in mind that nothing is final yet, but if this change is indeed something that will be in the final build, I want a very good explanation for it. Because to me, this change is a step in the wrong direction, and I seriously doubt lucario warranted such a change. Now if this is a unintended result from trying something with his aura, or them just seeing what they could do, I could understand that. Though I think some clarification is in order.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I thought I posted here earlier, but it's GONE!?!?
ok i'll bite.
who said it was a utility tool, i was quoting vanguard when he said it was a versatile tool once understood, which i'm not seeing at all. to me its a weaker, less useful, less efficient version of sheiks/luigis f-air. seems you're talking about dashdance grabs and not going for hard finishes which i just dont agree with at all. i've read what you said about your controlled resets but honestly im not trying to reset anything. once my opponent is past 110% i personally want to kill them, nothing more nothing less, good luck with your viper box loops. "and his Grab game is both easy to use and great for punishing, since he gets so much out of it ." thats what you said. whats so magical about his grab game man? i really want to know what youre seeing because ive see everyone jump away before he can get anything. lucario can rack damage up sure, but from the air HE. CANT. KILL. the only legit thing i've seen from his grab is a throw into a aura bomb. his f-air or up- air is just what sticks out to me as insufficient. wolfs f-air is ideal because you can act accordingly to whether you get the sourspot, continuing juggling and keeping up pressure or by killing the opponent. n-air is an ok kill move but it seems too situational and junk. b-air has more uses i think especially with the turnaround.even bowsers f-air is better than lucarios i think. no one wants a braindead kill move like falcos d-air or fox's up smash, i want to be rewarded for controlling the match with precision, hard reads, not being overly reliant on aura charges, racking up damage quickly by taking the aggro route and ending the stock ASAP. the longer you cant kill the more damage YOU take and the more likely you are to die.
do you think lucarios fine as is including the aura charge he starts with and the fact that he keeps them upon respawn? i dont. either way i'll push him as far as i can, i really dont want to quit on this guy
I was agreeing with you there about the utility thing. Was confused how someone would ever say that. haha

It's nothing like Shiek/Luigi F-Airs though... I'd sooner compare it to Lucas with more drag/coverage and less knock-back/range. A Wario's that hits harder, so combos well at low-% and not at all at high-%.
AKA, again, I don't like doing full-combos with Lucario. lol

I'm willing to try him with the Aura-changes. As far as my opinion goes, I've always considered him to be a great character with them, and terrible without, and simply thought the difference between the 2 wasn't skewed enough to work.
If I were to guess if it's enough without trying it yet, I'd say yeah.

If you can't kill in the air, then don't try to. I get more kills with U-Smash (half way) > Up-B off-stage > N-Air > Up-B back, then ANY other Aerial-Kill. Otherwise it's almost always on something grounded, like a D-Throw > D-Smash/U-Smash chase, or combo into charged Side-B (usually on a tech-chase/hard-reset off things like U-Smash > ASC > DD) or N-B (combos into it are easy off U-Smash)

If you want single hair-reads into ToD kills, with no aura-charges, why are you playing Lucario? LOL
Adding Marth-style sweet-spot precision requirements to mix with the OHC system would be crazy complex. Fun though. lol

I heard the U-Throw was different too, but didn't spot it in the link BigHairyFart posted. (there was a lack of Grabs from the Lucario in general in that link)

What exactly is the thing you have an issue with Mr.Pickle? The Charge to start, or free-one on re-spawn, or what?
I like the carry-over, but starting+re-spawning is kind of odd. An increase in charge-rate ever-so-slightly, and carry-over, would've made me happy at that.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Down-B looks a bit less laggy, though I might be mistaken. Regardless, I love the changes, so it looks like Lucario will be my main again! The charge start actually makes sense because that's how it works in several traditional fighters.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
What exactly is the thing you have an issue with Mr.Pickle? The Charge to start, or free-one on re-spawn, or what?
I like the carry-over, but starting+re-spawning is kind of odd. An increase in charge-rate ever-so-slightly, and carry-over, would've made me happy at that.

Both actually, doesn't make any sense to me that a character that is supposed to reflect traditional fighter qualities, such as a meter, ignores basic rules that comes with them. Now carrying over a charge is one thing, I could understand that, but when I tested him out this past weekend, at the start of every match, he had one charge. He also had one charge every time he respawned, even if he didn't have a charge when he died, and that doesn't make any sense to me. Hopefully this is just a bug to try and make a carry-over mechanic for him, that would be understandable, and if thats the case just ignore what I said lol.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
but when I tested him out this past weekend, at the start of every match, he had one charge.
That makes perfect sense to me. In Marvel and Skullgirls (and probably several other traditional fighters I haven't played), both players start with a level 1 super ready.

He also had one charge every time he respawned, even if he didn't have a charge when he died, and that doesn't make any sense to me. Hopefully this is just a bug to try and make a carry-over mechanic for him, that would be understandable, and if thats the case just ignore what I said lol.
Oh, that's weird. Yeah, I didn't want that.

iLink

Smash Champion
Down-B looks a bit less laggy, though I might be mistaken. Regardless, I love the changes, so it looks like Lucario will be my main again! The charge start actually makes sense because that's how it works in several traditional fighters.

Most fighters tend to have you start at zero meter such as street fighter, king of fighters, any arcsystem game and the such. The only ones that seem to have you with a meter to start out are the team/vs based fighters.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
The only ones that seem to have you with a meter to start out are the team/vs based fighters.
I see. Still, Marvel 2 was cited as early as 2.0 as one of the inspirations for Lucario (IGN page), so it's not like the idea came completely out of nowhere. Even then there's no problem with mixing up mechanics from several different traditional fighters to make one character.

iLink

Smash Champion
I dunno I personally don't feel like he needs it. It's kind of weird being offered a freebie at the start of each stock. I'm kind of ok with them carrying over a stock if you had them to begin with.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
If you have 2... do they both carry-over?
If you have 1... do you start with 2?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Guaranteed a charge each stock is a weird idea, but I'm willing to try it out if it isn't a bug. I'm not even concerned with balancing issues. It's just the design choice.

iLink

Smash Champion
I just don't feel like he needs that freebie aura after not earning it. It kind of brings other charge attacks into question. Why shouldn't Wario start with a waft? Why shouldn't Samus or DK start with a charged neutral B?

I just feel like its something you should rather earn instead of just having it given to you.

Top Bottom