• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Entrance

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
So I've been wondering...why doesn't Lucario pop out of a Pokéball when he enters a stage at the start of a match? All of the videos I've seen show him just appearing on the stage...is Lucario just the forgotten child‽ (and yes, I just used an interrobang)

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
he does have an animation in case you didnt notice.he hovers while sort of clenching his fists downward with aura.its pretty sweet imo.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If all the Pokémon characters (well, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Pikachu) had the exact same intro (popping from a Pokéball), we'd have another Landmaster fiasco on our hands. Lucario's intro suits it.

absox

Smash Rookie
If all the Pokémon characters (well, Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Pikachu) had the exact same intro (popping from a Pokéball), we'd have another Landmaster fiasco on our hands. Lucario's intro suits it.
landmaster fiasco? what's that to do with wolf's final?

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
landmaster fiasco? what's that to do with wolf's final?
Repetitiveness. ANd we're talking about Lucario's entrance. Where did you get FS from the initial post?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
haha i haven't seen lucario's entrance, but it sounds amazing, i like king dedede's the best out of all the ones i have seen so far

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lucario is too awesome to come out of a Pokeball...it's unfortunate yet necessary that this did however befall Charizard and Squirtle.

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking more along the lines of Lucario exploding out of a Master Ball and shattering it to pieces.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
It may be generic.
But lets be honest.
He's a Pokemon.

And they all have to go back to there Pokeballs.
Lucario is an untamed mut of awesomness. And perhaps this Lucario is just to strong to be held in a Pokeball. Maybe this Lucario eats MasterBalls for breakfast?

On the other hand what if the programers forgot to add a ball animation

glacialcat

Smash Rookie
Lucario is the MASTER of auras. He is the strongest non legandary. To my knowledge. If Lucario had a Pakeball entry, it would be an Ultimate Ball or Master Ball and it would shatter into pieces. HE ISH THE PWNNESS!

In fact, Slaking has the highest Base Stat Total of any non-legendary Pokemon. However his power is mitigated by his trait which weakens him. After that you've got Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Tyranitar. In fact, every fully evolved starter has power that exceeds or equals Lucario's stat total. He's strong, yes, but no where near the strongest.

He just doesn't have a Pokeball entry to separate him from the other Pokemon characters. It may also be a reference to how Lucario was not captured in a Pokeball in the Lucario movie.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
ACtually actually, Ramparados has a base-attack even higher than Slaking as far as non-Legendaries go.

Vollo

Smash Rookie
I dont remember perfectly but the pokemon movie that lucario is from im pretty sure he never had a pokeball. also he pwns cause he can TALK one of the few who can, but i never understood why the talking pokemon always had to communicate telepathically

- Prisma -

Smash Cadet
I dont remember perfectly but the pokemon movie that lucario is from im pretty sure he never had a pokeball. also he pwns cause he can TALK one of the few who can, but i never understood why the talking pokemon always had to communicate telepathically
Meowth didn't have to communicate telepathically.
But that excludes him from the countless other Pokemanz.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
ACtually actually, Ramparados has a base-attack even higher than Slaking as far as non-Legendaries go.
He was referring to the overall base stat total. Slaking's comes out to be 670 if I recall correctly.

Lucario is nowhere near as good as the pseudo legendaries. But in terms of badassness, he's among the top.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
The Brawl version of Lucario can speak, should prove it's base from the movie cause here's something I found recently.

If you've been following the Japanese Pokemon anime, Maylene the gym leader just appeared with her Lucario and it can't speak telepathy. It's still badass, but all it does is grunt and bark lol

Shadowlyger

Smash Cadet
Upon first seeing this topic, I thought it was gonna be someone throwing up a massive ****storm over Lucario not entering in a Pokeball, like someone did at GFAQs.

Then I remembered that people here are infinitely more sensible than people at GFAQs and all worries were abolished.

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
Yeah haha no ****storm here. I definitely like the way they did it but was just wondering about the justification behind the decision. It seems like the badass factor is justification enough.

Ranthozyk

Smash Cadet
It would've been cool if his entrance was like.. A staff was thrown and stuck into the ground, then he comes out of it in a burst of quick light and the staff disappears. But, entrances aren't really a big deal to me. :p

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
Lucario should be in a pokeball- Mewtwo is the only pokemon cool enough to teleport onto the stage.

Sorry, suffering Mewtwo withdrawl. I don't really hate Lucario- his intro seems kinda cool.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is the MASTER of auras. He is the strongest non legandary. To my knowledge. If Lucario had a Pakeball entry, it would be an Ultimate Ball or Master Ball and it would shatter into pieces. HE ISH THE PWNNESS!
That would be a drastic over-glorification. Maybe if Mewtwo had returned, he'd get something like that, because he's actually legendary and not meant to be in a Poké Ball. But Lucario is a common Pokémon. It's not that special, and in fact I'm surprised it got its own entrance. But I guess variety is nice.

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
In fact, Slaking has the highest Base Stat Total of any non-legendary Pokemon. However his power is mitigated by his trait which weakens him. After that you've got Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Tyranitar. In fact, every fully evolved starter has power that exceeds or equals Lucario's stat total. He's strong, yes, but no where near the strongest.

He just doesn't have a Pokeball entry to separate him from the other Pokemon characters. It may also be a reference to how Lucario was not captured in a Pokeball in the Lucario movie.
Althought slaking has highest base stat, Lucario has best perfection of moves and type. Fighting and steel.

lucariomain

Smash Rookie
None of this matters because he enters but if you want a opinion he should never be in a pokeball it doess him an injustice

Chepe

Smash Lord
Lucario has a more humanesque sentience that would belittle him if he came out of a Pokeball. Would you have expected Mewtwo to come out of a Pokeball? This Lucario is also based on the movie Lucario who is quite free throughout the movie. He is just more serious than Pikachu and Jigglypuff...

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
Duuude... You're forgetting about his pwnage moveset...

BUT LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!11!!!!!!!one!!!!

Top Bottom