• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's Aggro Potential?

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Hey everyone, I picked up Lucario as a secondary about a week ago to take care of my bad matchups for Falco. Until today, I had only played with a couple of my casual friends, my brother, and some CPUs. Anyway, I just got back from my first smashfest playing as him, and I left with a lot of questions in mind.

I'm not too familiar with Lucario yet, and there isn't really anyone in my group that can teach me, so I'm using Smashboards and my own observations to develop my playstyle with him. Anyway, I was wondering if Lucario had potential to reward aggressive play. I'm guessing he plays more the way Falco should be played than aggro, but I just wanted everyone's thoughts of playing Lucario aggressively.

I do have to say that I really enjoyed playing as him tonight, and I can't wait to improve and learn a lot with Lucario. I'm also slightly starting to question if he has potential for me as more than a secondary. See, I don't really play Falco correctly (I have almost all his tech skill down, but I don't camp very well or for very long because I like to get in my opponent's face) and I'm trying to figure out what to do in the long run. Eventually I really want to fix my playstyle with Falco and play him the way he's at his best (just have to break some bad habits) and use Lucario as my secondary. However, if Lucario has a lot of potential to be aggressive and chase after people, I may have to reconsider that. I do know for sure that I like Lucario and all.

Also, I'm not sure how relevant this is, but Meta Knight is banned in my state. I'm sure it figures in somewhere, but with or without him, does that significantly change what Lucario can potentially do against the cast with an aggressive style?

Personally from what I've seen/tried myself, I'm guessing Lucario shouldn't be played super aggro, (and perhaps similar to Falco in some ways) but I would like to know the pros/cons to playing him aggressive.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Watch Trela play, that should give you a good idea of aggro lucario potential. Most people think he's better at camping, but considering Trela's success, I wouldn't say aggro isn't the worst way to go either (helps you learn for MUs when you have to approach too, like Falco or TL).

/thread

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
Oh ok thanks guys! I certainly want to look into Lucario a lot more then. I can't wait to learn him ^_^

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
@Nives: I agree, every time Lucario jumps in that MU (since his main approaches are in the air), Marth seems to trounce him (I learned that the hard way >_<)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
There is a time and place for everything. If you have momentum vs. a marth player a good read game can produce results in terms of aggressive proficiency.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Falchion Blade...

Top Bottom