• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Which gender of Lucario do you guys prefer?

I like to think the one I play as is a girl, myself. Just one with a really growly voice.
Weelllllll......considering the voice actor of Lucario in Smash is the same voice actor as Goku, I'm pretty sure it's a guy...

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Yeah, I know, I know. But no harm in pretending :p I'm so lonely
Hmmm....I guess since Ash Ketchum was voiced by a girl, it could go the other way, too. After all, in the canonical Pokemon games, there's no visual differences between male and female Lucario's...

Sigoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sigoshi
Which gender of Lucario do you guys prefer?

I like to think the one I play as is a girl, myself. Just one with a really growly voice.
I just figure it's whatever gender it is. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same lucario each time it fights does it? Besides I'm pretty sure gender is that much of an issue when you're a super powerful being who can manipulate life force, is it?

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I refer to our Lucario in Smash as a "he". This is mainly because every Lucario I had in Pokemon games was a male. It's not really a preference, it's just how it turned out so, you know, whatever gender is fine.

Though if Lucario WAS a female, it would be the first one I'd be using actively.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Brocario.
Homeboy is a boy in my eyes.

Hard not to think so with that voice.
Speaking of which, I freaking love how growly it is.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Sounds male to me but thats probably because I know the voice actor was male. The lucario in the XY anime though, it sound female to me (the japanese dub version). I'm sure in the english dub version it sounds more male though (I haven't seen the episode in english)

DireWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-1646-5262
Brocario.
Homeboy is a boy in my eyes.

Hard not to think so with that voice.
Speaking of which, I freaking love how growly it is.
I miss brawlcario's voice. Deliciously violent
Now he just goes "woof" when he fsmashes .-.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
His voice was too deep in Brawl. Besides, who can hate Sean Schemmel?

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Dan Green voicing lucario?....
Actually, Dan Green voiced Entei in the 3rd Pokemon movie, as well as additional voices throughout the series. Sean Schemmel (Goku) was the voice actor of Lucario.

Although that doesn't make that picture any less awesome.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
I'm now convinced that nearly all Lucario's moves except Jab and down throw can kill. From my experience, I've killed Diddy with an edgeguard Fair, I've killed Fox with Nair and Dtilt. Moves that I thought would never kill even at high Aura and rage.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I'm now convinced that nearly all Lucario's moves except Jab and down throw can kill. From my experience, I've killed Diddy with an edgeguard Fair, I've killed Fox with Nair and Dtilt. Moves that I thought would never kill even at high Aura and rage.
DTilt can't kill unless you're at like max Aura and the opponent is at 170%. Tis a shame, since I used to rely on that for some kills in Brawl... it had about the same kill potential as UTilt back then.

A couple days ago somehow my ledge attack sent someone backwards... and killed them (no stage spike). I watched the replay to verify it wasn't a stage spike.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
DTilt can't kill unless you're at like max Aura and the opponent is at 170%. Tis a shame, since I used to rely on that for some kills in Brawl... it had about the same kill potential as UTilt back then.

A couple days ago somehow my ledge attack sent someone backwards... and killed them (no stage spike). I watched the replay to verify it wasn't a stage spike.
Speaking of stage spikes, can Lucario's dair spike if the opponent is hanging on the ledge and loses the invincibility frames? Cause if so, then ledge trumping with Lucario will be a hilarious mindgame.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Get-up attacks in general seem to be made really good, unless they are perfect shielded/countered. I think I've killed someone with one before as well, and have broken at least one shield with one.

This game...

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Get-up attacks in general seem to be made really good, unless they are perfect shielded/countered. I think I've killed someone with one before as well, and have broken at least one shield with one.

This game...
Odd. I've never had another player use a get-up attack. They always roll in the direction away from me...

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord

This game...
Speaking of this game. Our lord and savior (Goomy), is most likely going to be released from the team in the anime.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Tiny possibility, not confirmed

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Speaking of stage spikes, can Lucario's dair spike if the opponent is hanging on the ledge and loses the invincibility frames? Cause if so, then ledge trumping with Lucario will be a hilarious mindgame.
I've stage spiked numerous players with Lucario's dair, so yes it can spike (in a sense) when they lose their invincibility frames.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I really like what Nom did in our friendlies, he would DAir right over the edge to try to hit the one frame someone grabs the ledge.

I kinda also want to play with just charging Aura Sphere a ledge roll distance away. It isn't as good as charging it right at the ledge, but it is slightly safer defensively. Plus you might not have enough time to get to the ledge for that and will set up ASC to JC USmash if you can trick them to ledge roll.

I'd also like to figure out the hitstun of DTilt, first hit of DAir, and UTilt (both sour and sweet spot). I haven't had much time to play with the calculator, so if someone could calculate that at some increments I would be really grateful.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
Don't know if this will help, but I generally can get a dash grab from dtilt. It typically works on almost everyone except Kirby due to his hurtbox being so damn weird. As long as they aren't sent too high, getting a dash grab is almost guaranteed unless they're Luigi or Yoshi due to combo breaker Nairs.

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
I'd also like to figure out the hitstun of DTilt, first hit of DAir, and UTilt (both sour and sweet spot). I haven't had much time to play with the calculator, so if someone could calculate that at some increments I would be really grateful.
D-Tilt (Against Mario)
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 0% = 23 frames.
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 100% = 39 frames.
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 0% = 24 frames.
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 100% = 49 frames.
Frame stun growth ratio:
per :4lucario:'s damage unit = ~ 0.01 frames(A little less)
per :4mario:'s damage unit = ~0.165 frames​

DAir Hit 1 (Against Mario)
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 0% = 10 frames.
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 100% = 14 frames.
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 0% = 10 frames.
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 100% = 17 frames.
Frame stun growth ratio:
per :4lucario:'s damage unit = ~ 0.0025 frames (every 4% raises 0.01 stun frames)
per :4mario:'s damage unit = ~ 0.065 frames.​

UTilt Sourspot (Against Mario)
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 0% = 26 frames.
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 100% = 42 frames.
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 0% = 27 frames.
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 100% = 52 frames.
Frame stun growth ratio:
per :4lucario:'s damage unit = ~ 0.01 frames (a little less).
per :4mario:'s damage unit = ~ 0.165 frames.
(Same growth ratio as DTilt, huh? Interesting...).

UTilt Sweetspot (Against Mario)
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 0% = 28 frames.
:4lucario: 0% & :4mario: 100% = 47 frames.
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 0% = 30 frames. (Exactly 30 frames)
:4lucario: 100% & :4mario: 100% = 58 frames.
Frame stun growth ratio:
per :4lucario:'s damage unit = ~ 0.0137 frames
per :4mario:'s damage unit = ~ 0.275 frames.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here you go! Please have in mind your foe is not steady, as they're having knockback and they should be popping off somewhere during this.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So...basically, high damage means more hitstun. And the strength of a move also affects hitstun.

Right? Or am I dumb...

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Hmm.....at what points would an u-tilt upair be a guaranteed combo? Because upair can be a fairly reliable kill option.

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
So...basically, high damage means more hitstun. And the strength of a move also affects hitstun.
Completely right.
Every move has "hidden" values such as Base Knockback (BKB) and Knockback Growth (KBG) and among other properties, such as angle and more. As far as I've investigated (and understood): BKB is like raw launching power, and KBG is launching power scaling (the more damaged your foe, the bigger the scaling).
Even similar moves with the exact same amount of BKB and KBG, an attacks which deals more damage will deal more launching distance and stun frames.
Hmm.....at what points would an u-tilt upair be a guaranteed combo? Because upair can be a fairly reliable kill option.
Mmm... tall order... It's heavily dependent of your foe's weight, damage and DI. You're asking for the complete event of a hit (Distance and angle traveled, Frames stunned (true combo or string), fastest input/frame chains, etc). I can only say experience will only tell you.
I mean, this whole event can be calculated, but it will take me a lot of time. Sorry, I can't help you for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom