• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
10 days...Seems forever from now.
tell me about it, i right now have nothing to do, i literaly sit at home and wait for a day to end, my classes are done basicly, since im a student i cant rly do a big job, so the one i have currently doesnt need me more then once a week and its hot as hell here, im literaly dying of boredom. and this will go on for the next 2 months if nothing changes.... right now this here is all i do... thats rly sad . even looking for a job takes forever until you get a reply so i stick to the one i got...

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
About Lazzy, again, he got the name and every single detail of Team Sonic Racing wrong. That one is debunked to hell and back.
But oh well, to the topic at hand, 10 days will be a long wait... I haven't been this hyped to a E3 since forever

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
12 June is not the street date... not going to see Ridley, going to see more smoke and mirrors from everyone's favorite stage mage.

No hype, no hope, no compromise. Let's go.

Prove me wrong now, assholes.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
12 June is not the street date... not going to see Ridley, going to see more smoke and mirrors from everyone's favorite stage mage.

No hype, no hope, no compromise. Let's go.

Prove me wrong now, ********.
I would honestly be really surprised if we don’t see Pyrosphere with no sign of Ridley in the trailer, and Nintendo doesn’t acknowledge it whatsoever.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I was here during the everburning train wreck that was Smash 4 hype, so good luck guys. Here’s hoping we see Ridley this time, along with a Power-Suit Samus that doesn’t suck (visually or gameplay). Maybe Sakurai will REALLY put his big boy pants on and we’ll get a Metroid stage that doesn’t have lava or acid in it!

My hopes are not high, but at least we have Prime 4 and potentially Metroid 5 to look forward to. Cheers.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was here during the everburning train wreck that was Smash 4 hype, so good luck guys. Here’s hoping we see Ridley this time, along with a Power-Suit Samus that doesn’t suck (visually or gameplay). Maybe Sakurai will REALLY put his big boy pants on and we’ll get a Metroid stage that doesn’t have lava or acid in it!

My hopes are not high, but at least we have Prime 4 and potentially Metroid 5 to look forward to. Cheers.
Have you heard of the vergeben leak?

Basicly it implies Ridley/Simon Belmont/ice climbers/snake and no cuts in smash switch and also a possible minecraft involved

And said Ridley is the big reveal at E3

The only reason we are listen to this is because this person has ben correct on leaks before

But I'm not holding my breath for it.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
If Vergeben is too shaky with his sources, there's also the Resetera hints, which I believe predate Vergeben and was how the Ridley rumors started.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Vergeben is too shaky with his sources, there's also the Resetera hints, which I believe predate Vergeben and was how the Ridley rumors started.
Correct. Some of the ResetEra hints even predate Smash Switch’s announcement by a couple days.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This sure does bring back memories...
Well, I'm still on the train even if I no longer actively participate in anything as I used to. I wouldn't put my money on the leaks just to be safe. That whole thing with the shadow on Pyrosphere (which, admittedly, had some weird stuff that wasn't present either in Sm4sh or Other M) was enough, so, better not repeat it.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Only about a week left until we know the fate of our favorite space pterodactyl... maybe :142:

Though honestly, I'm more curious about Prime 4. I am honestly not sure what to expect of the game, and I hate that I had to wait a whole year to even see the darn thing.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Only about a week left until we know the fate of our favorite space pterodactyl... maybe :142:

Though honestly, I'm more curious about Prime 4. I am honestly not sure what to expect of the game, and I hate that I had to wait a whole year to even see the darn thing.
At this point, hope you only had to wait a year and that we actually see Prime 4 at E3.

Let’s not forget Nintendo announced Smash 4 at E3, then nothing for a full year and everybody expected it to be at E3 for it’s big debut. What does Nintendo do for their presentation? Show off Nintendoland—twice. Smash was completely absent, and Nintendo didn’t even mention it at all again until the following E3.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
At this point, hope you only had to wait a year and that we actually see Prime 4 at E3.

Let’s not forget Nintendo announced Smash 4 at E3, then nothing for a full year and everybody expected it to be at E3 for it’s big debut. What does Nintendo do for their presentation? Show off Nintendoland—twice. Smash was completely absent, and Nintendo didn’t even mention it at all again until the following E3.
If they don’t show Prime 4 at E3, maaan it’s gonna suck. Besides the rumors of a new Wario Land (unlikely) and Prime 4, I don’t really have anything to look forward to this year. It’s going to be rough after last year’s kicked so much ass. I’m really afraid it’s just going to be “WOW SMASH BROS, DONT YOU LIKE SMASH BROS, HERE’S MORE SMASH BROS, INTRODUCING MINECRAFT STEVE AND FORTNITE GUY FOR SMASH BROS”.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

I'm positive that they said during an early 2013 Direct that Smash would feature at E3, at least that's what I remember as my cue to get back into speculation.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If they don’t show Prime 4 at E3, maaan it’s gonna suck. Besides the rumors of a new Wario Land (unlikely) and Prime 4, I don’t really have anything to look forward to this year. It’s going to be rough after last year’s kicked so much ***. I’m really afraid it’s just going to be “WOW SMASH BROS, DONT YOU LIKE SMASH BROS, HERE’S MORE SMASH BROS, INTRODUCING MINECRAFT STEVE AND FORTNITE GUY FOR SMASH BROS”.
I'd rather them take their time with Prime 4 than to rush through development. I might be a little disappointed at first if we don't get any news at E3, but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

Worst case scenario, we have to wait five years like we did with BotW, but we end up getting a stellar game.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Would have come here sooner if I knew it existed, guess I have some catching up to do.

Not sure if the space pirates luxurious mansion exists at all anymore, if it does would be grateful if anyone is able to link me to it.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Would have come here sooner if I knew it existed, guess I have some catching up to do.

Not sure if the space pirates luxurious mansion exists at all anymore, if it does would be grateful if anyone is able to link me to it.
Pretty sure the group is dead. The drama and lack of hope destroyed :( Plus it was ultimately useless once Smash 5 was confirmed

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I'd rather them take their time with Prime 4 than to rush through development. I might be a little disappointed at first if we don't get any news at E3, but I'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

Worst case scenario, we have to wait five years like we did with BotW, but we end up getting a stellar game.
Oh I absolutely agree. I’d prefer it not release til next Holiday season, honestly. I just really want to see it.

Cart Boy

Smash Rookie
Hey, everyone. Ridley's been among my most requested characters since pre-Brawl. Hopefully our big guy gets his big break next week at E3!

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
E3 would be the perfect time for Ridley, but I have trust issues when it comes to Ridley and Nintendo now, or I'm just pessimistic and don't think we will. Would certainly get people talking about smash, and I guess he did make an appearance in Metroid Samus returns.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I guess he did make an appearance in Metroid Samus returns.
Ridley was so great in SR. Great design, easily the best 2D Ridley Fight, confirmed Prime Trilogy was canon so people would stop meming about it. He actually felt dangerous and his animations showed a lot of intelligence and anger. Samus was great, too, what with all the not sobbing hysterically and all.

I know Ridley probably isn’t going to show up in Prime 4 based on things Tanabe has said, but I hope there’s another Prime-style fight with him in the future. Ridley is one of those bosses I always look forward to fighting.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ridley was so great in SR. Great design, easily the best 2D Ridley Fight, confirmed Prime Trilogy was canon so people would stop meming about it. He actually felt dangerous and his animations showed a lot of intelligence and anger. Samus was great, too, what with all the not sobbing hysterically and all.

I know Ridley probably isn’t going to show up in Prime 4 based on things Tanabe has said, but I hope there’s another Prime-style fight with him in the future. Ridley is one of those bosses I always look forward to fighting.
Wait, what did Tanabe say about Ridley and Prime 4??

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Wait, what did Tanabe say about Ridley and Prime 4??
I can’t remember where I saw it, and it might have been one of those interviews where he talked about Prime 4 before it was even announced. He essentially said he wants to focus less on Samus’s past and fate with Ridley and the Chozo. Let me dig it up.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh, that. That was in regards to Federation Force, not MP4.

Yeah, nothing to suggest he won’t be in MP4, far as we know. Had me worried there for a sec. Just because Tanabe has an obsession with Sylux doesn’t mean he’ll leave Ridley out of the next main entries altogether.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Oh, that. That was in regards to Federation Force, not MP4.

Yeah, nothing to suggest he won’t be in MP4, far as we know. Had me worried there for a sec. Just because Tanabe has an obsession with Sylux doesn’t mean he’ll leave Ridley out of the next main entries altogether.
And there you have it. I need to stop quoting things I don’t remember word for word.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ridley is one of the very few Nintendo All Stars left to join Smash...who know whether or not his time is now

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DK Jr's been dead for a long time. He was basically replaced with Diddy.
Did DK Jr and Diddy ever appear in a game together...?
Nope, but it’s just weird how the current DK has probably never though about his father

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I need opinions.
conc.png

Which Ridley looks better? Should I mix and match certain colors?

This is based on Proteus's concept art and ingame model.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
For render art, the bottom one. For an actual model, probably the top one.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's him, Dixie and K Rool. If we got all 3 in this game that'd be incredible.
I'd also include Toad in that.

I need opinions.

Which Ridley looks better? Should I mix and match certain colors?

This is based on Proteus's concept art and ingame model.
I like the top one best, although it does remind me of Brawl's less saturated artstyle. That tone of purple fits him best though, rather than the almost magenta color of his in-game model, so maybe just turn the saturation up a little bit.

Top Bottom