• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I've always been sceptical with leaks, text leaks in particular, especially if they're from those with a shaky record, or are from anonymous users.
(You can thank the Smash 3DS/WiiU speculation period for that)

I don't think the ResetEra Admins should be taken notice of in this situation.

It just seems to me like they were just trolling because "lol Ridley, size jokes XD".

They probably know just as much as we do, and use their speculation and opinions to make them seem like they know it all (Ryce, Emily Rogers, etc).

I need proof that they know Ridley's in the game playable and they genuinely are teasing a reveal.

Otherwise they're just trolls and nothing more.
Nah. The ResetEra admins earned more favor than randos. Like I mentioned before, Jonneh predicted Mario Tennis Aces, specifically by saying he thought the “Direct would be ACES.” just before it aired.

And their Inkling and “big” stuff just before the Smash announcement direct.

They have SOME kind of source. I get that we’re all (mostly) ****in cynical, but there’s at least something to all this.

And Emily Rogers has gotten some clout back, considering her mention of Pokémon Press Conference hours before we knew it was happening, and it happened exactly when she said it would.

https://mobile.twitter.com/leakreview/status/989414451844546562

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Look guys, the smart approach is to just never believe leaks unless you see some impossible to deny proof. It's fun to speculate about them, but in the end what you've seen with your own eyes is all you can really know.

Unless the leak says Ridley is playable. In that case, believe all of it, 100%, even after the game comes out, no matter what.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
For the love of

If you think that game FAQ source with resetera

You earn the sucker of the year award

Game FAQ is worse than the leakers themselves

The whole reset the vergeben leak is being looked into is because he got the konami games for switch right out of 61

Either the luckiest guess ever or Jen does have some sources he's one of these gets stuff right leakers or gets it wrong leakers

UltimateWario

Smash Master
For the love of

If you think that game FAQ source with resetera

You earn the sucker of the year award

Game FAQ is worse than the leakers themselves

The whole reset the vergeben leak is being looked into is because he got the konami games for switch right out of 61

Either the luckiest guess ever or Jen does have some sources he's one of these gets stuff right leakers or gets it wrong leakers
I don’t know too much about the situation, but the fact that he even got the genres right is pretty crazy. I’m WAY too jaded to accept that as 100% proof but it’s something that made me take notice.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don’t know too much about the situation, but the fact that he even got the genres right is pretty crazy. I’m WAY too jaded to accept that as 100% proof but it’s something that made me take notice.
Exactly. I'm certain none of us are still so naive as to take a leak as 100% anything, even if there's images or even video. This isn't a new game, as I've said a million times. In fact, most of us are probably dead inside when it comes to hoping leaks are actually true. If *anyone* is going to be heartbroken on E3 if it turns out none of the leaks were real, I think they need to take a step back. It's a very real possibility.

However, it's worth recognizing when there's a lot of potential legitimacy behind a leak, and saying something like "Oh, it's 100% deconfirmed now ffs" is just as silly as taking a leak as 100% true. Vergy is a spotty ****, but when he's right, he's right. The same can be said of EmilyRogers. And the ResetEra leaks are their own brand of interesting.

People can "detective" whatever they want (lol, Gamefaqs "detectives"), but we won't know one way or another until the big day comes (EVEN IF we get literal leaks of stuff **at E3 with concrete evidence**.) Full stop. Not long now.

IronTed

Smash Ace
Do correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Jonneh make an avatar bet over Ridley being playable?

Also I just noticed, the thread title is definitely cool.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Jonneh make an avatar bet over Ridley being playable?

Also I just noticed, the thread title I'd definitely cool.
Correct.

Ridley Jonneh.jpg

I thought you would all have learned to keep expectations in check and basically ignorebleaks, but I guess it can't be stopped to reach out for hope.

While I don't practice what I preach, I suggest expecting nothing and hoping for the best. Better to be either right or pleasently surprised or wrong and disappointed or right and getting what you expect.

Also I just noticed, the thread title I'd definitely cool.
If they did, I imagine it wouldnt mean anything lol. THere is teasing and then just being silly.

Also thanks. This E3 feels a bit final for me, so I wanted to change the title away from being the same as it's always been.
:061:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I thought you would all have learned to keep expectations in check and basically ignorebleaks, but I guess it can't be stopped to reach out for hope.

While I don't practice what I preach, I suggest expecting nothing and hoping for the best. Better to be either right or pleasently surprised or wrong and disappointed or right and getting what you expect.
While it's always good to err on the side of skepticism, it always kind of rubs me the wrong way when people tell other people to temper their expectations and "hope for the best." By this point, most of us are old and jaded. Look at me. Here for over 11 years. Plenty of time to have my hopes crushed and to learn Sakurai's thinking doesn't fit my expectations.

The fact remains that the sources of leaks we have, do at least have some merit to their past claims, including Vergeben, Emily Rogers, and Jonneh from ResetEra.

If they did, I imagine it wouldnt mean anything lol. THere is teasing and then just being silly.
Maybe, but maybe not. Again, we already know Jonneh has made accurate "predictions" in the past. Think of ResetEra like the new Neogaf, a place from which we've had leaks for years. Moderators tend to have better reputations, and don't just throw them away for nonsense. Regardless of how accurate that actually is, it's something to go on that could be true. I don't know how to keep saying that leaks are obviously dubious until they're proven true, and that if someone goes in expecting every leak to be true and they're disappointed, it's obviously their own fault, but it never means all leaks are false. Frankly, *that* is a thing we learned in the 2013-2014 ride, following "EvoRidley", and more accurate, Gematsu, later to be proven only half true, to the eventual VannRose and ESRB leaks, which were almost entirely correct.

Don't get me wrong, i'm all in on Ridley this time around for many different reasons. . .I just don't want people to suffer the same fate I did for Smash 4. :laugh:
:061:

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
who are we trying to convince? if the leak is bust and we dont get Ridley this game, we will still supporting him for smash 6 on the nintendo Swatching.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, might I add that if Ridley isn’t revealed at E3, that’s not the end of the road for us. The Resetera Admins and Mods did say that Ridley was originally supposed to be the one to reveal Smash Switch but it changed last minute. It does sound suspicious but it makes a lot more sense to use a fakeout with Splatoon to reveal Smash after showing DLC for Splatoon 2. I’m not trying to give false hope or anything, as Ridley not appearing at E3 does dwindle his chances a bit, but I do think that if Simon and/or Snake appears (Not including the Ice Climbers because they’re easy to predict), I think he’s as good as confirmed due to the Verge break, though I still wouldn’t raise expectations too high. Still, keep everything in check, but don’t go out of your way to disprove everything. Disappointment is a ****ty feeling but the difference between now and Smash 4 is that the Tower of Smash leak was by some random guy on 4Chan. Yeah, sometimes those random guys on 4Chan are legit, but they’re anonymous. These are a bunch of wellknown insiders, and even though Vergeben and Emily have spotty track records (More so the former), it still can be used as a slight beam of hope. Kinda contradicts with my false hope comment, but I mean false hope where you completely believe it vs never give up hope.

On another note, if Ridley is in the game, I think his trailer starts off with an immediate Pyrosphere fakeout. Sakurai isn’t stupid. He knows damn well how the Pyrosphere situation ****ed with us during Smash 4. I fully predict the trailer will “deconfirm” Ridley in a fakeout before revealing he’s playable to **** with us.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Also, might I add that if Ridley isn’t revealed at E3, that’s not the end of the road for us. The Resetera Admins and Mods did say that Ridley was originally supposed to be the one to reveal Smash Switch but it changed last minute. It does sound suspicious but it makes a lot more sense to use a fakeout with Splatoon to reveal Smash after showing DLC for Splatoon 2. I’m not trying to give false hope or anything, as Ridley not appearing at E3 does dwindle his chances a bit, but I do think that if Simon and/or Snake appears (Not including the Ice Climbers because they’re easy to predict), I think he’s as good as confirmed due to the Verge break, though I still wouldn’t raise expectations too high. Still, keep everything in check, but don’t go out of your way to disprove everything. Disappointment is a ****ty feeling but the difference between now and Smash 4 is that the Tower of Smash leak was by some random guy on 4Chan. Yeah, sometimes those random guys on 4Chan are legit, but they’re anonymous. These are a bunch of wellknown insiders, and even though Vergeben and Emily have spotty track records (More so the former), it still can be used as a slight beam of hope. Kinda contradicts with my false hope comment, but I mean false hope where you completely believe it vs never give up hope.

On another note, if Ridley is in the game, I think his trailer starts off with an immediate Pyrosphere fakeout. Sakurai isn’t stupid. He knows damn well how the Pyrosphere situation ****ed with us during Smash 4. I fully predict the trailer will “deconfirm” Ridley in a fakeout before revealing he’s playable to **** with us.
Easily that's a yes he still could be the villager scenario for Ridley

And funny enough that's my prediction on how Ridley would be revealed

Pyrosphere a returning stage claims Ridley failed again but then the playable Ridley pops out and ko's pyrosphere Ridley

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I do think that even the Resetera rumors depend on Ridley being revealed at E3, if he was originally supposed to be revealed with the game itself then that indicates that he's been a highly prioritized newcomer, as the earliest revealed newcomers have historically been (and there are a plethora of reasons why Ridley specifically would be highly prioritized regardless), and for E3 they'll definitely want the newcomers with the most work done on them to be playable to make sure the game is presented as closely to the final version as possible. Not to mention that Ridley in general would do wonders at promoting the game, if he's far enough in development to be presented they'll reveal him, and since the game is coming out this year it's hard to see how that wouldn't be the case.

I'll hold out hope for the entirety of E3, even if he misses the initial Direct there's always potential for a surprise reveal, but should he miss the entire event then I'll lose all hope for him and just consider all the rumors to have been misinformation, we'd be even worse off than we were at square one.

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Didn’t play much Smash 4 but Pyrosphere seemed like a boring stage without Ridley and an irredeemable cluster**** when he was involved. It’s from a bad game and it’s not even interesting to look at. Smash doesn’t have a good track record with Metroid levels but Pyrosphere might be the worst.

Can’t wait for “SR-388: Lava Area”.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Didn’t play much Smash 4 but Pyrosphere seemed like a boring stage without Ridley and an irredeemable cluster**** when he was involved. It’s from a bad game and it’s not even interesting to look at. Smash doesn’t have a good track record with Metroid levels but Pyrosphere might be the worst.

First time I played on Pyrosphere Ridley bugged through the stage and got stuck, needless to say it didn't exactly make me much more accepting of it. I have a picture of it somewhere that I'll try to upload tomorrow.

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice

SR-388 lava area and SR-388, diggernaut tunnel sequence, which is the worst part of mushroomy kingdom and the worst part of pyrosphere combined

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Ridley will be revealed as a guest fighter in Mortal Kombat 11 at E3.
Would unironically be a better fit than Leatherface and would be cool as ****. Also he could get fatalitied and just regenerate after the fight.
He's giant, can't shield, can't be grabbed...no this is all terrible nope. Just make him a normal character who's a smidge larger than bowser, that can't be too hard
Nope, sorry, Ridley is too big and can’t be made smaller. Bowser and Ganondorf have NEVER been bigger than they are in Smash and have never been different sizes ever. Ganondorf isn’t EVER 9 feet tall and Bowser definitely never towers over Mario. It’s just too hard to make him work.

/salt

Last edited:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

with Prime 4 on the way, would it be a reach to hope for a Phaaze stage? the blues and black would contrast nicely with... basically every Metroid stage so far lmao

UltimateWario

Smash Master
with Prime 4 on the way, would it be a reach to hope for a Phaaze stage? the blues and black would contrast nicely with... basically every Metroid stage so far lmao
Basically any stage from Prime besides Bryyo or Magmoor would be amazing. I’d never thought of Phaaze but it would be great. Incredibly alien, no lava, lots of potential for stage hazards that don’t ruin the level, you could even have a Metroid Prime cocoon or the real thing in the background.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
But the alternative could be so cooooooooool!
I like the ideas that are put forth in this video, but I'm almost certain not all of these would actually happen. Perhaps 2-3 (think of melee giga bowser if they were a playable character, where he can't be grabbed but his shield could be popped instead, but slightly smaller/lighter and with lots of jumps, but can easily be combo'd to death, with some mechanic similar to cargo throw), but not infinite flying or form changes like your video suggested (which would likely be too far from a realistic way this character would be added). I like the creativity and effort that went into your video though, and meta ridley having his armor fall off with percent would definitely be a neat visual feature if not unlikely.

Last edited:

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
or so giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimickyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
*Insert "Why Not Both" gif here*

(Replace "corn" with "video")

This is a disgrace it's just simpler making him just slightly taller than bowser
NOW YOU JUST HOLD ON A SECOND YOU DIRTY PEASANT!

I'd happily take literally any other feedback, I'm actually enjoying the disagreements, but get that "Disgrace" bull**** outta here. That kind of attitude is absolutely uncalled for.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
*Insert "Why Not Both" gif here*

NOW YOU JUST HOLD ON A SECOND YOU DIRTY PEASANT!

I'd happily take literally any other feedback, I'm actually enjoying the disagreements, but get that "Disgrace" bull**** outta here. That kind of attitude is absolutely uncalled for.
You made the video didn't you

Well quite a bit of the ideas are good but I could see better done for playable Ridley I mean flight mode Ridley is not really a final smash probably super bomb shockwave perhaps but only think I can see is probably changing his moveset to the one from braw

Basicly I'm not biting into this basicly

Last edited:

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
You made the video didn't you

Well quite a bit of the ideas are good but I could see better done for playable Ridley I mean flight mode Ridley is not really a final smash probably super bomb shockwave perhaps but only think I can see is probably changing his moveset to the one from brawl
I liked some of his ideas (grab/pummel only, possible shield changes, large size but great disjoint) but didn't really like the flying mode. I would like the armor falling off as he takes damage but I'm unsure about the gameplay impact of a such a feature.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Still better than Meta-Stage hazardly
“Guys Meta Ridley is just like a power up or something right? See I totally know about Metroid, right fellow Metroid fans?”

Meanwhile

“Uh NO Dark Pit can’t be an alt for Pit! Did you even play the hit game by master game developer Masahiro Sakurai, Kid Icarus Uprising? Yes they play exactly the same to the point that we even switch the two out and there’s literally no difference but DARK PIT didn’t use the Great Sacred Treasure and never, EVER would! Geez! Are you even Nintendo fans?!”

I kind of hate the animosity Smash has given me for Kid Icarus because I had a pretty good time playing it, despite my issues with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom