• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low tier tourney/ char discussion.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
So I'm going to a low tier tourney this Sunday. I know nothing about the low tier matchups.

Link and Luigi are banned at this tourney btw.

Anything helps...

indie_dave

Smash Ace
aww what are reasons for banning link/luigi? they do generally outclass rest of lowtier cast, but i'm curious

i do like playing luigi, and i hate playing against link, so idk how i feel about that

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Look it up in chudat's thread. I dunno why they want to ban Luigi? Link I can sorta see (cuz there's some good link players here..)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Luigi and Link GENERALLY end up winning those tournaments, so people who do Low Tier Tournaments ban them. They'd probably do the same if Ness started winning em. Sorry I don't have any advice, just bash those floaty characters to hell.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
But of course they don't ban Bowser because of his 1-frame flame canceling.

Overall.... umm... thesage, you kinda wrote a char matchups guide didn't you? Yes.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
i wrote mewtwo and pichu. I don't know Zelda, Pika, or the ones I didn't write (except Young Link).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LOL @ only writing worst chars. I think in some of the thread, people got off topic and started talking about Zelda. look there.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I ended up no going anyways... Really I just wanted to learn about Roy, G and W, and Zelda.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
With Luigi and Link banned, GW is probably your biggest threat. Only matchup that I can think of that isn't either really close to even, or in Ness's favor. And since I play the other end of the matchup more often, my best advice is to never, ever let him get you off the edge. (harder than it sounds against someone sufficiently good) Abuse his lag on 3/5 of his aerials (non-cancellable), bad shield, bad dodge, and bad roll whenever possible. Again, harder than it sounds if they are really good...

Sorry this advice is late anyways, but still good for future reference.. ^_^

Top Bottom