• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Tier City- PREREG IS UP! Link in 2nd Post! July 27th-28th Grapevine, Tx

Which N64 Mario Party should we run for a side event?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There is nothing in Super Mario Sunshine called Delfino Beach. There's Bianco Hills, Ricco Harbor, Pinna Park, Gelato Beach, Pianta Village, Sirena Beach, Noki Bay, Delfino Airstrip, Delfino Plaza, and Corona Mountain.
Don't blame me, I haven't played that game in 3 years lol

Oracle

Smash Master
Alright so after a bit of deliberation (shoutouts to Problem0 for giving me this idea), I've decided to do Mario Party Qualifiers! Since I have to limit mario party entrants to 16 for time constraints, I'm going to run a minigame qualifying round to decide who gets in to the main event. The rules are simple

1. Signups for qualifiers will take place at the start of the tournament with the other signups. Entry fee changed to $2 to enter qualifiers.
2. Four at a time, people who entered the qualifiers will play the "face lift" minigame. They must record their scores.
3. All scores will be reported to the TO (me). The top 16 scores out of everyone will advance to the main event!
note: this means that your placing in the minigame is essentially irrelevant. Your score is all that matters, not what place you got vs the other three competitors.

I'm open to suggestions as to what minigame we'll use for the qualifier, although it has to be one that records all of the player's scores like crazy cutters or face lift. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member

Hey, there's a 7-Eleven next to the venue right? (I checked via google maps, but it hasn't been updated in 2 years, so might as well ask)

Because I can't afford to get lunch, so I'll just buy a Red Bull and Chips to get energy lol

Or one of those, Naked Smoothie things, looks pretty good.

D

Deleted member

I'm cool with Face Lift. I just don't wanna do anything that requires tapping. ****ing hate that ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you use facelift, are you going to use the same face everytime, and if so which one?

D

Deleted member

DMG is pretty much confirmed for Mario Party. I might not enter in just because I want a little extra money for lunch, but whatever

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why the hell are u going to a tourney if u can barely afford lunch LOL

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
DMG gotta get that practice in LOL.
Well it's also to keep things fair. It would be lame for 1 group to get the easiest Mario face, and the next to get the extremely hard DK face. AND AIN'T NOTHIN WRONG WITH A LITTLE TRY HARD IN MARIO PARTY

D

Deleted member

Don't enter dubs, you're paying for you and your little 11 year old brother. Thats 20 dollars, food covered along with mario party.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Here's the finalized World crew, unless someone unexpected goes.

Strong Bad (Captain)

Burnsy
Fly Amanita
K9
KOKingpin
Oro
Rat
Reflex

Alternates:
heyseuss
Mr. Pickle

EDIT: I made a mistake. Updated the crew list lol my b

D

Deleted member

Don't enter dubs, you're paying for you and your little 11 year old brother. Thats 20 dollars, food covered along with mario party.
Basically

Venue - 20$
Singles (me) - 15$
Doubles (both) - 20$
Mario Party (both) - 4$

So like 59 dollars. I can find a way to get like 20 more bucks by Saturday, or I'll just say **** it to doubles like you said before. Are you entering doubles Zach?

(I also don't have to play Mario Party either lol, so like 55 bucks)

D

Deleted member

I'm not entering dubs because no one good to team with anymore/I'm bad/got no mone

Oracle

Smash Master
Here's the finalized World crew, unless someone unexpected goes. I don't think we have any alternates.

Strong Bad (Captain)

Burnsy
heysuess
KOKingpin
Mr. Pickle
Oro
Rat
Reflex
yeah you're right fly amanita is garbage doesn't belong on the crew

also zman and k9 are coming from az as well if you want to put them on the crew

D

Deleted member

I'm not entering dubs because no one good to team with anymore/I'm bad/got no mone
I see. Ali wanted me to ask you if you'd like to partner up with my brother, and then I partner with him, but I told him over the phone that you wouldn't ever partner up with my brother.

So, I basically answered my own question. Anyways, I'll think about dropping out of doubles, it just depends how much I have before Saturday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah you're right fly amanita is garbage doesn't belong on the crew

also zman and k9 are coming from az as well if you want to put them on the crew
LOOOOOL
OOPS
I ****ed up. Edited.

Calabrel informed me he wasn't going, oro.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to smack ali upside the head for him thinking I'm going to play dubs with an 11 year old

D

Deleted member

I told him it was a longshot. He even told me it was a longshot. And it was.

Oracle

Smash Master
Alright I made the codeset where all the front page stages are legal! (ps1 and norfair are gone, replaced with delfino and lylat cruise) download it here.

All you have to do is remove the "[LTC]" from the filename and replace your .gct on your sd card (located in the "codes" folder). Everyone bringing a wii to the tournament should have this codeset installed already, but i can replace it at the venue if you forget, just let me know

D

Deleted member

Oracle why would you upload it to a place thats not mediafire?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
YO... I was serious about Facelift. Are we just gonna do Mario's face? I ain't missing qualifiers because some of you mother ****ers pulled the ears down and nose up on Wario for an easy 100 while I gotta get DK's janky lips just right.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
I also need the phone number of whoever is going to house me + 3. We are leaving Murfreesboro at 5am on Friday morning.
It should be in the OP. I would house, but I have no room for one and I won't be able to go to the tournament for the other. Sorry Oracle. I know that I said last week that I would come last week, but my younger brother sprung something suddenly for my birthday, and I don't know what it is until Saturday.

D

Deleted member

I'm so ****ing hyped right now, 2 days. I don't even know how I'm going to sleep tomorrow because I'm really excited lol

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I might not go on saturday just because I can't afford it anymore. I just added everything up, and I'm 20 dollars short. I'll find to make some money by then, but if I don't, I can't go.

sorry lol

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I might not go on saturday just because I can't afford it anymore. I just added everything up, and I'm 20 dollars short. I'll find to make some money by then, but if I don't, I can't go.

sorry lol
Go anyway dude. I can help you out. Go both days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom