• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Low Speed Online 3DS and WII U Tournaments.

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
Want to do an Online tournament but can't sit in one place all day? Then i have the tournaments for you!

Each fight will be given 48 hours to commence and report results. This is to allow people to deal with work or other things that may occupy their time (as well as any internet connection issues). If after 48 hours one of the two combatants cannot be reached as to why they haven't fought (i.e. not responding to messages) they will forfeit the match.

These tournaments are free to play, but 1st place winners will receive Digital $10 Gamestop gift cards!
The 2nd placers of each tournament will receive a download code for any 200 coin game in the Club Nintendo Reward Catalog.

Edit: This tournament has started as of Tuesday, February 3rd at 10 AM EST!
I apologize if this seems sudden.
I will post here when it is officially time to go. No set time, despite what the challonge page says.

There will be 16 participants in each tournament.
Be aware, this tournament will take *time*. It will not be a one day affair. That said, if you believe you will be unable to participate at some point, i kindly ask that you refrain from signing up.

Some of the participants are not on smashboards. For those fights, i will give you their Facebook account page. If you need assistance contacting someone, do not refrain from asking.

Tournament Settings: 3 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, No Items. No Custom characters.
Best 2 out of 3 matches, 3/5 for Finals Matches. Double elimination brackets.

Participants can change fighters at will between matches.

Stages:
(3DS) Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi’s Island, Any Omega stage.

(Wii U) Neutral: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville
Counter picks: Lylat Cruise, Town and City, Duck Hunt, Any Omega stage

For game 1, Combatants decide on a stage.
For game 2/3, Winner picks one stage to strike, then loser chooses the stage. If Winner strikes FD, then omega stages are all struck.

Challonge page for the Wii U tournament: http://challonge.com/1ny8iik3
Challonge page for the 3DS tournament: http://challonge.com/ltfi401y

Facebook event page with FB combatants:
https://www.facebook.com/events/408117949355228/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
If you do not have a Challonge account and don't want to make one, simply comment here and post which tournament(s) you will be entering so that i can enter you in manually.

If any of you manage to get recordings of your matches, i would love the chance to put all of them together as a few youtube vids. So get out there and show me your moves!

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I'm very interested in joining both tournaments, however there is no public signup button.

Can you please make it publicly visible or do I have to ask personally to sign up?

Also, why are 3DS Omegas legal and WiiU ones are not?

Last edited:

xl JonyBoi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aubsmada
Hello, I am new to this Website, I made a Challonge account, but I have no idea how to sign up, But I would like to join the Wii U Tourney!

Last edited:

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
The sign-up pages are now Public, sorry about that. forgot to make it public.

Also, as far as the Wii U Omega, i simply neglected to list it. Will edit title post.

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
Thanks for showing support, guys. But i'm getting a little worried. there are names on the list that i don't see here on smashboards.

Make sure i have a way to connect you to the Facebook opponents.

EDIT: Added a 2nd place prize to title post.

Last edited:

MJO1450

Smash Rookie
NNID
MJO1450
Just signed up for the Wii U tourney. Because it's 3 stocks, 6 minutes might be too short. It would probably be better to make it 8 minutes just so matches don't go to time.

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
Just signed up for the Wii U tourney. Because it's 3 stocks, 6 minutes might be too short. It would probably be better to make it 8 minutes just so matches don't go to time.
The last few local tourneys i've attended had that set-up, and it only went to time once. and the people there seemed to enjoy the pressure a lower clock gave them. But i appreciate the suggestion, and thanks for signing up.

All Participants! The tournaments will starting at 10 AM EST Today!

Last edited:

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
This is gonna be fun! I'm able to record matches as well ^_^
Please do! It'll make for great looking back at this when people go 'just how did i manage to pull that win out?'

The tournament has started! All participants... Take your time :p your have 48 hours, so just make sure you locate your opponent and communicate with them properly.

MJO1450

Smash Rookie
NNID
MJO1450
So my opponent is Tsu from FB. Probably need assistance in contacting with him. lol

Last edited:

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
Sweet! I'm going to do my class today, and I'll fight my partner. I'll be home at 11:40 AM MT at the earliest and 12 MT at the latest.

On a note, I'm not sure if NME_THATSAplusONE is on Smash Boards. Does anyone know how to contact him/her, or is there a messaging system on Challonge?

Last edited:

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
Sweet! I'm going to do my class today, and I'll fight my partner. I'll be home at 11:40 AM MT at the earliest and 12 MT at the latest.

On a note, I'm not sure if NME_THATSAplusONE is on Smash Boards. Does anyone know how to contact him/her, or is there a messaging system on Challonge?
There is a messaging system, yes, as well as the discussion board on the tournament page.

basheman

Smash Rookie
NNID
basheman
Trying to get in touch with RiotLettuce, but so far no luck. Is there another way to contact him?

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
He might just be offline. But either way, i don't know him myself. maybe he has a smashboards account?

This is why it's a low speed tournament haha

Last edited:

RiotLettuce

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiotLettuce
3DS FC
0877-2587-1813
Finished my round 1 match first I think, and the rules are very unclear. The stage list has no clear neutrals for game 1 striking, the strike order is not specific, and the rules say 3 stocks 6 min, not sure if a typo. I ended up just letting my opponent pick where we go. Please fix for future rounds

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
Finished my round 1 match first I think, and the rules are very unclear. The stage list has no clear neutrals for game 1 striking, the strike order is not specific, and the rules say 3 stocks 6 min, not sure if a typo. I ended up just letting my opponent pick where we go. Please fix for future rounds
It is 3 stocks 6 min, not a typo.

I will adjust the rules to show neutrals on the Wii U, thank you for pointing that out. All stages will be 'neutral' on the 3ds (is there a precedent for this?)

Fauxhebro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fauxhebro
3DS FC
0318-7230-5120
I've just come back from school and noticed I lost 2-0 but haven't played my game.

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
I've just come back from school and noticed I lost 2-0 but haven't played my game.
When he reported a win on the wii U, i misunderstood it as 3ds. my fault completely. you two are still fighting, i'll just fix it now. I'm sorry

Last edited:

Fauxhebro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fauxhebro
3DS FC
0318-7230-5120
To-MastaEddieV, I don't have a FB and am wondering if there is any other way to contact you.

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
Mazdamaxst, and RogelioWii (Wii U tournament)

ThebigbrickZ, AnDeh92, and cody2897 (3DS tournament), no one has heard anything from you on any website. if you have not at least contacted your opponent or me by 10 AM est thursday , you forfeit your spot in the tournament.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Mazdamaxst, and RogelioWii (Wii U tournament)

ThebigbrickZ, Pinoymatt AnDeh92, and cody2897 (3DS tournament), no one has heard anything from you on any website. if you have not at least contacted your opponent or me by 10 AM est thursday , you forfeit your spot in the tournament.
Hi, sorry about that. I did try to add P0nyl0af, saying we have to do the match, but he hasn't replied nor even added me back.

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
he talked to me last night (almost this same time) saying you hadn't replied to him on a message he sent you. he didn't specify where he sent the message.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
he talked to me last night (almost this same time) saying you hadn't replied to him on a message he sent you. he didn't specify where he sent the message.
I never got a message, but I'll look around.

EDIT: I got it, I replied, but I hope this won't be a dq on my side, I tried to add him

Last edited:

Random Panda

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2294-4472-5154
I never got a message, but I'll look around.

EDIT: I got it, I replied, but I hope this won't be a dq on my side, I tried to add him
no, with you both responding i can give y'all a bit of extra time if needed. the whole point of the tourney is to give people time, the 48 hours is mainly to catch the people who simply disappeared on all of us. thanks for keeping an eye on the thread here.

Top Bottom