• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Losing skill?

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
For some reason it feels like I'm getting worse and worse at brawl... I'm also starting to feel a bit sluggish when I play. I've tried everything, but I just can't get back to where I was before... any suggestions?

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Pick Meta Knight?

Lol, sorry I had to. But seriously, try playing other people. The CPU characters can only do so much for your game. That's why this site is here, so you can meet people and play against them and get better. :) I remember when I first started I posted in the Meet N Greet that I'm not that good and people of my same skill added me. We played a lot and we all got better. If you haven't tried that I suggest that. That's my two-cents :chuckle:

Junahu

Smash Ace
For some reason it feels like I'm getting worse and worse at brawl... I'm also starting to feel a bit sluggish when I play. I've tried everything, but I just can't get back to where I was before... any suggestions?
Sounds like you've burned out.

1) You aren't getting worse, other's are getting better. This is particularly true if you fight the same people over and over.
2) Take a long break. Play Mario Kart or something. When you come back mix it up with characters you don't know. Or play some coin matches, a special brawl or anything ******** like that.
3) Your next step should never be to get back to where you were before. That's backtracking, even if it doesn't seem so at the time. It's counterproductive and it's not progress. Ignore what you were, concentrate on what you're going to be

And if all else fails, join a taunt party :psycho:

smaci92

Smash Lord
Ya, I agree with what those people said. Also, spend a lot of time in training mode instead of playing computers and people all the time.

BrawlerHarrison

Smash Apprentice
This is how I feel, and the advice helped.

Sometimes one day I'm playing horrible, the next day I'm playing good, but if I stop playing Brawl for like a week, it mixes it up even more.

Calobrin

Smash Rookie
ive felt like this before too, its no big deal. sometimes you just have off days, dont worry about it too much.

ShikaChef

Smash Cadet
Yeah, really, not a huge deal. It's happened to me before. Just an off day, they happen. ;D

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone, I think I'm getting better after taking a week off. ^_^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sometimes, it feels like your getting used to the games spead too easily. Try to play at 1/4 speed in training sometime and play some matches on normal speed - you don't think you're sluggish then...

ContageMK

Smash Rookie
Taking a week or two off is usually your best bet. But if you have nothing else to do, taking up another character can help, but I would advise take a week or two off.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Thank you for making this topic. I have been feeling the exact same way for about a week and was about to make a topic like this. Great tips.

Top Bottom