• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to learn bayo quickly

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
I like bayo but need to know a lot I have the basics of smash as a whole through my experience with others chars and lots of time with melee. I'm looking to be somewhat good by Friday any help is appreciated.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't know how "somewhat good" you have to be, but honestly depending on the crowd you're playing against the first thing you need to learn to be okay with her is heel slide to witch twist to side b, side b, bair. That and of course timing your witch times. Other than those bread and butter things, she's pretty much an improv character (at least how I play her) so just take some time in training and explore with things and see if they link to each other and at what percents.

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how "somewhat good" you have to be, but honestly depending on the crowd you're playing against the first thing you need to learn to be okay with her is heel slide to witch twist to side b, side b, bair. That and of course timing your witch times. Other than those bread and butter things, she's pretty much an improv character (at least how I play her) so just take some time in training and explore with things and see if they link to each other and at what percents.
In all honesty idk how good I have to be lol (never faced him) but thanks for the help man I'll def watch videos and probably salem and nairo

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
For Bayo specific stuff, check out the OP in the metagame thread.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
"Looking to learn bayo quickly."

lol.

Bayo is going to take some serious time and practice before you get good with her. Otherwise, if you rush it, you'll just end up like those FG bayos.

Take your time, and for the love of jubileus, dont focus on just the combos.

Last edited:

Gearitz

Smash Apprentice
"Looking to learn bayo quickly."

lol.

Bayo is going to take some serious time and practice before you get good with her. Otherwise, if you rush it, you'll just end up like those FG bayos.

Take your time, and for the love of jubileus, dont focus on just the combos.
Very vague ending explain what you mean

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Very vague ending explain what you mean
"Dont focus on just the combos" seems pretty clear to me.

Too many players are like "how do i do zero to death???" and dont focus on things like what to do in neutral, her offstage/edgeguard game, whats not safe on shield, proper use of neutralB, dont spam witch time, etc.

Smoking_Hot_BBQ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cvl257
3DS FC
4098-4726-7823
"Dont focus on just the combos" seems pretty clear to me.

Too many players are like "how do i do zero to death???" and dont focus on things like what to do in neutral, her offstage/edgeguard game, whats not safe on shield, proper use of neutralB, dont spam witch time, etc.
I agree. Combos are a big bonus to bayo, but if you can't play neutral well, then you'll still lose.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Combos are a big bonus to bayo, but if you can't play neutral well, then you'll still lose.
Its funny, im at the point now where all my Bayo fundamentals are really solid, but the death ladder combos are where I'm weakest. Its frustrating because I know I could take more stocks (and lose less) if I were better at getting that second upb to connect.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Within a few months, no one above low level will be dying to the death ladder anyways, so don't worry too much about it.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Within a few months, no one above low level will be dying to the death ladder anyways, so don't worry too much about it.
Thats kinda what I figured. Even now I play against some great players, and rarely get a death ladder that results in an actual loss of stock. I find myself just going for reliable damage combos than going for the ko.

Im really focusing on neutral and bayo fundamentals. Sometimes I forget all the options that are actually available to me.

Top Bottom