• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to become active with Sm4sh!

TheKryptoKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beartic10
3DS FC
3093-7588-1980
My name's Brian. I'm 22, almost 23! I've been playing Smash casually for years. This is the first Smash to come out since I've been done with school, so I'm looking to try and get pretty good at it, since my free time is mine now more than ever. Even if I never become particularly skilled, I hope to be the "best" of the casuals.

As it is now, I win most of the matches I play against friends, but struggle to win more than 1 in 5 against a friend that's actually really skilled locally.

I've mained Zelda since Melee. With Brawl, I learned Lucas and Wolf as well.
Looking forward to her and a bunch of others in Sm4sh.
This roster has the most characters I've been excited for in any Smash game. Changes to characters like Yoshi and Bowser (and even Zelda) make me just as excited to play those characters as the newcomers.

I just graduated college in May. Major in psychology, interested in counseling.
I work with Johns Hopkins' CTY. If that means anything to you, I'd love to chat.
I'm involved with a ton of gender/sexuality groups. I myself am gay.

Hi y'all! :D

TheKryptoKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beartic10
3DS FC
3093-7588-1980
I made this a while ago as well! It's in my signature, but apparently I exceeded the signature limit. :p
This was not a realistic list of who I thought would be in Sm4sh, but it includes everyone I wanted most!

Ideal newcomer Roster.png

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Welcome!

It's always quite a sight to see more Zelda mains around on the boards, With that being said, did you select her based on being a LoZ fan or more so because you enjoy how she plays (it could very well be both of those reasons though :p)?

Changes to Bowser especially have me excited to see how certain other characters are being handled, especially Ganondorf (hopefully he's not Falcondorf anymore) and Ike.

As for your wish-list sig, I'm pumped up the most for Shulk. Alongside Robin, he's the newcomer I wanted in Sm4sh most. I was bummed to see Lyn back as an AT, but her chances as a playable character were pretty slim anyway. Would love to see K Rool and Ridley as well, so hopefully we get at least one of them. Krystal, I'd really like to see as the Star Fox fan I am. And as much as I love Kingdom Hearts, Sora will remain as a pipe dream character for me, ha ha.

TheKryptoKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beartic10
3DS FC
3093-7588-1980
It's always quite a sight to see more Zelda mains around on the boards, With that being said, did you select her based on being a LoZ fan or more so because you enjoy how she plays (it could very well be both of those reasons though :p)?

Changes to Bowser especially have me excited to see how certain other characters are being handled, especially Ganondorf (hopefully he's not Falcondorf anymore) and Ike.

As for your wish-list sig, I'm pumped up the most for Shulk. Alongside Robin, he's the newcomer I wanted in Sm4sh most. I was bummed to see Lyn back as an AT, but her chances as a playable character were pretty slim anyway. Would love to see K Rool and Ridley as well, so hopefully we get at least one of them. Krystal, I'd really like to see as the Star Fox fan I am. And as much as I love Kingdom Hearts, Sora will remain as a pipe dream character for me, ha ha.
Hey! :)
This is really inane, but I actually chose her because she was as close to a mage as I could get in Melee. I ALWAYS gravitate towards magic users (Also why I'm excited for Robin and Palutena!) and she was really satisfying. Also, back when I started playing, I always played with items on, and I loved having a character with a reflector, because reflected items tended to catch people off guard. Nayru's Love is still one of my favorite moves today. :p Now I like her lightning kick too, and can actually pull it off with regularity. :p

Ike having his Radiant Dawn model has me really excited for him, even if it's only an aesthetic change, it makes him feel fresh. I'm hoping for some tweaks though! I can't get too optimistic about Ganondorf. I thought for sure he would be changed in Brawl.... and..... welllllll.......... :/

I never thought most of my wish list had a chance. Particularly Sora. I love Kingdom Hearts, and think he'd be a blast to play. But Mario getting cut is probably more likely :p I wanted an Animal Crossing rep of some sort since Brawl, so honestly, if I didn't get another newcomer on my wishlist at this point, I'd be content with Villager. He was a BIG one for me. Robin was too, I just wish we understood more about how he worked mechanically. I'm worried his spell system MIGHT gimp him... Hoping not though!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey! :)
This is really inane, but I actually chose her because she was as close to a mage as I could get in Melee. I ALWAYS gravitate towards magic users (Also why I'm excited for Robin and Palutena!) and she was really satisfying. Also, back when I started playing, I always played with items on, and I loved having a character with a reflector, because reflected items tended to catch people off guard. Nayru's Love is still one of my favorite moves today. :p Now I like her lightning kick too, and can actually pull it off with regularity. :p

Ike having his Radiant Dawn model has me really excited for him, even if it's only an aesthetic change, it makes him feel fresh. I'm hoping for some tweaks though! I can't get too optimistic about Ganondorf. I thought for sure he would be changed in Brawl.... and..... welllllll.......... :/

I never thought most of my wish list had a chance. Particularly Sora. I love Kingdom Hearts, and think he'd be a blast to play. But Mario getting cut is probably more likely :p I wanted an Animal Crossing rep of some sort since Brawl, so honestly, if I didn't get another newcomer on my wishlist at this point, I'd be content with Villager. He was a BIG one for me. Robin was too, I just wish we understood more about how he worked mechanically. I'm worried his spell system MIGHT gimp him... Hoping not though!
Ha, I have a friend who is just like that. Obsession with spellcasters/mages really has an influence on his selections when it comes to gaming.

Yeah, RD Ike is boss. I'm hoping he'll have Vanguard and Lord class Ike as alts. Some of the main reasons I'm optimistic about Ganondorf this time around is because of their apparent attention to detail with the games. Move animations that hold true to how they appear canonically (they really amazed me with Robin especially) and how they tweaked some minor things (such as DK and Link having dash attacks that come from their respective games)...it would sicken me to see Ganondorf being handled poorly AGAIN. He's like the last character on the roster that should ever be a clone :glare:

We'll see about Robin though. Based on speculation/analysis (I have a thread for that in the Robin sub-forum), we actually know a decent amount about him/her. Just gotta wait for the game to come out to find out more :)

TheKryptoKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beartic10
3DS FC
3093-7588-1980
Ha, I have a friend who is just like that. Obsession with spellcasters/mages really has an influence on his selections when it comes to gaming.

Yeah, RD Ike is boss. I'm hoping he'll have Vanguard and Lord class Ike as alts. Some of the main reasons I'm optimistic about Ganondorf this time around is because of their apparent attention to detail with the games. Move animations that hold true to how they appear canonically (they really amazed me with Robin especially) and how they tweaked some minor things (such as DK and Link having dash attacks that come from their respective games)...it would sicken me to see Ganondorf being handled poorly AGAIN. He's like the last character on the roster that should ever be a clone :glare:

We'll see about Robin though. Based on speculation/analysis (I have a thread for that in the Robin sub-forum), we actually know a decent amount about him/her. Just gotta wait for the game to come out to find out more :)
I do it in EVERYTHING! If there's someone throwing fire/lightning around, I use them way before the sword fighter. My least favorite character in Smash is Marth. He's the antithesis of what I enjoy. Every move is just another sword slash with very little flash. :p

I'm so happy with both Link and DK's dash attack changes! The things that worry me with Ganondorf... Toon Link wasn't decloned at all, even though there was opportunity to do so. Granted, everything TL does is still representative of his character, so there might be hope. The thing that worries me most is that Sakurai seems to focus on keeping characters relatively consistent so that fans of that character aren't upset. He might worry Ganondorf fans don't want to lose their character? I dunno. All of that is the pessimist in me speaking. I hope Ganondorf's decloned for your sake AND because he's a huge missed opportunity right now.

....Didn't realize we knew so much. I'm a bit worried about the endlag on a lot of his specials, and that thread didn't alleviate those concerns, but that thread was super helpful! Thanks! I think it's so cool that he might have move variations (neutral jab) depending on what tome is out? Did I understand that correctly?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome Krypto!

Are you by chance the human knight incarnation of the loyal dog of our lord and savior, Emperor Superman?

Action_13_TheGroup_023.jpg

Action_13_TheGroup_024.jpg
Action_13_TheGroup_025.jpg

Last edited:

TheKryptoKnight

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beartic10
3DS FC
3093-7588-1980
I'm not sure what the context of all that is.....I love it. Somehow both hilarious and poignant. :D

I always imagined my name signifying a Kryptonian, but why not! I'll be the dog. :p

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Sorry! I thought I replied to this! In my defense, it was nearly 4AM.
Where's that from? Really interesting Superman characterization. :D

...I enjoy that tone more than the serious stuff...
That one is actually an edit. Here's the original.

It's from Superman #677-680

Top Bottom