• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for venue for philly suburb area monthly tournaments

Moosh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moosh_da_moosh
3DS FC
3995-6503-8179
Hey everyone,

I need help finding a venue to run a monthly smash wii u tournament in the philly suburb area. i am looking for any place with enough room for atleast 50ish people and that can provide us with electricity and hopefully tables. the area i am looking at is bucks/montgo preferably around willow grove and near public transportation (so train/bus stops within walking distance)

i have already reached out to some local churches in hatboro to see if they have any event areas for rent. i chose hatboro because i live close to there and because there is a lot of parking in town and the train comes right from the city. i spoke with someone from the philly melee FB group and they recommended a place near the giant food/train station in willow grove but they gave very limited info and i am not sure how to contact anyone to see that place.

for any one else that's reading this and are thinking " this is awesome. sry i cant help but tell me where/when u figure this out so i can come", here are some things to expect:

-it'll be on a saturday.
-there will be a registration fee to cover the venue costs and entry fees for each tourney (so prolly like 5 per game, 5 for reg)
-everything will be organized using challonge because that site is f'ing awesome.
-smash wii u will have all customs unlocked and we will be using them
-i only have 3 setups (this includes tv/monitors and gc controller adaptors) and would like to have atleast 6 (5 for tournaments and 1 dedicated to friendlies)

i plan on running smash 4 wii u singles and doubles at first and would like to eventually add in melee singles/doubles. i'd also be streaming and i have the man power to run the whole event so really just need a venue and participants at this point.

any help would be appreciated.

Moosh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moosh_da_moosh
3DS FC
3995-6503-8179
ok great i'll keep ya in mind. i found a venue i just need to work some things out and i'll make a new post for it as well as a FB event. hopefully the other people who bring setups will bring GC adapters to make it easier but if not we could use yours

LoganTheLegendary

Smash Rookie
let me know whenever this is set up cause I am interested also I could also probably bring a gc adapter if needed

Top Bottom