• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for training partners

kurve

Smash Rookie
New to melee, aspiring falco, marth, shiek player. It would be really nice to have some training partners to play with since none of my friends really play fighting games. If you wanna play don’t be shy to respond. Thanks!

Daladex

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Fox#1
You should probably tell us what region you're in, even though rollback is incredible, people who are closer to you will be more enticed to play you, since there can still be issues with connection if someone is far enough away. Also, I recommend choosing one character to learn instead of three, I know you're just starting out so testing different characters is good, but once you find the one you're most comfortable with and have the most fun with, you should stick with just them, your rate of improvement will significantly decrease if you're trying to learn multiple characters.

kurve

Smash Rookie
yeah you're honestly right. well i'm in florida, and thanks alot for your help. i thought i was gonna get slammed for being new but thanks for being so nice :)

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Join the melee reddit r/ssbm. At the top there will be a link to a newbie melee discord. You'll find people to play there.

Florida is probably the best or second best region in the world, so you're in a great place for melee. I'm a GA player, who could play with you a little. I've been playing the game for 6 years though so you'll get bodied. I encourage you to find others on your skill level- that's one of the better ways to improve.

Also I encourage you to experiment with which characters you like playing, then to stick with one character. Starting out, it is not a good idea to invest time in 2 or 3 characters. You'll learn the game much more thoroughly just with one.

Good luck on melee! : )

kurve

Smash Rookie
holy **** i had no clue there was a noobie discord wtf. thanks so much man

Daladex

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
Fox#1
Yeah, there’s also Facebook groups for regions/cities, and most likely discords for them too. You should also make sure you join the Melee Online discord, there’s a section for people who just started the game there as well.

Top Bottom