• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for hints and tips

FallFromINFINITY

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Ganon for quite some time, but I always have trouble with sword users. If anyone out there has any hints that could help, please, tell me.

And if anyone has any tips on how to time the D-air's L-cancel, i could use that too.

the_air_up_there7

Smash Ace
Laredo Texas (training mode), offseason :)
For L-cancel try to do it before you land and make sure the shield doesn't come out cuze if it does you are doing it too slow. And tips on fighting sword users well.....just keep practicing I dont have any tips except just play several marth users. See ya!! keep smashin. :)

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
it would help if u said specificly what about the sword users, but the only thing i do different when fighting people with swords is i don't spam the punch as much cause of their reach. other than that if u can l-cancel with ganon u should b good

!!LuiGi!!

Smash Cadet
Well Lcancel just takes pratice but do wut air said and start slow.(like 1/2 or 1/4 if u really need to) and just work your way up. Make sure u try to Lcancel EVERYTHING so you dont get out of the habit. This is just how i learned it anyway..

And for sword users.. good ones anyway i dont have much expirence with but if i actually fought a decent one i would stay close (to marths) because alot of his moves are strong only if they tip so staying up close could give a marth user harder of a time. Also note that marths recovery is basicly straight horizontal then straight up. Timing the DownB spike shouldnt be too hard, just watch to see if/when he uses his double jump and air dodge possibly.. Pretty much stay close to link/yl too cuz u dont want them spammin projectiles. And when you recovering with a link guarding you make sure u jump AsAp after your downB cuz their projectiles can take out some of your height. I have absolutly no expirence fighting roys with my Ganon at all so.. just do your best. =]

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
well thats wrong. if u stay close to a marth your just asking to get chaingrabbed, which leads to a tip, which leads to death. but the good thing about fighting a marth is u hav that backflip which is perfect for edgeguarding marth.

!!LuiGi!!

Smash Cadet
Well there are mind games involved, i dont mean direct charge. And if you do get grabbed its not nessasarily becuz you was staying close. I think your thinking too literal. But if your not and you possibly had expirerance and know it doesnt work, well than you win =D. But as i said, thats how I would approach it.

HMC

Smash Apprentice
And for sword users.. good ones anyway i dont have much expirence with but if i actually fought a decent one i would stay close (to marths) because alot of his moves are strong only if they tip so staying up close could give a marth user harder of a time.
Against Marth (provided they don't/can't space well) and Roy, you should space aerials, such as fairs, and bairs. Uairs can work, if no DI and you l cancel. So, you shouldn't stay close in all circumstances. Against Roy, you can CG, but not against Marth. dthrow to Bair works on both. Actually, it works on all but the Space Animals.

Also note that marths recovery is basicly straight horizontal then straight up. Timing the DownB spike shouldnt be too hard, just watch to see if/when he uses his double jump and air dodge possibly..
No. Don't Down B spike in serious matches. Eddie spike is much safter, better, etc. If they don't sweet spot at all, you could bair, fair, or basically whatever.

Pretty much stay close to link/yl too cuz u dont want them spammin projectiles.
CG them both. Also, you can grab/deflect his projectiles (other than arrows).

well thats wrong. if u stay close to a marth your just asking to get chaingrabbed
Marth cannot CG Ganondorf.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
hey i aint a marth user, but i know from tournament experience that marth can chaing grab any and everyone. sure DI'ing helps, but to say marth can't chain grab ganon is completly wrong. marth is a beast

technomancer

Smash Champion
Marth can CG ganon with the fthrow for maybe one throw at 0%. You should be able to jab out, you'll land standing, I think. If you're getting seriously CG'd, then ... lern2 jump, tech, or DI, one of those should solve your problem.

Otherwise, who said Marth can CG anyone and everyone?

On topic: Space and time your forward airs to beat out his, don't get combo'd, um... god lots of stuff. There's basically a big list of don'ts, like don't get grabbed, don't get faired, don't get stuck off the stage, don't not ledgetech, use lightshield edgeguard... maybe I'll be back later but it's 2:30 am here :/

HMC

Smash Apprentice
hey i aint a marth user, but i know from tournament experience that marth can chaing grab any and everyone.
Proof you know nothing.

but to say marth can't chain grab ganon is completly wrong
ROFLMAO

You still have yet to tell me how Marth can CG Ganondorf.

Marth can CG ganon with the fthrow for maybe one throw at 0%.
That wouldn't be a chaingrab, then. Chaingrabbing is throwing and regrabbing before the character can land/hit the ground.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
My bad HMC my memory kinda ****ed wit me a lil. all i remember is me getting grabbed alot, but it was techchasing that got me. now i gotta go play that marth again to c if its true dat he wasn't chaing grabbing me

Top Bottom