• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for help with CSP replacement, (cbliss).

Narpas_sword

Hey guys, ive done a fair bit of CSP replacement before, and havent had problems, but am stumped by this one.
First up, what im trying to do:

I have had a custom build for a while, changing the odd costume here and there that i didnt like. once i heard about cbliss, i wanted to give that a go. had difficulty getting it to work for a while, so changed my tactic, and downloaded a 'cbliss ready' build.

All works fine, extra costumes for everyone all in place. but it has the old CSP with the colour bars, and the '07' '08' 09' portraits.
So next job was to replace those.

Most of the time all goes well. im using SJS CSP's in most slots, and the CSP's from a common5 export of another build for the extras (the build is also where i got the extra costumes)

at first, i decided to replace all the portraits in one big session, not bothering to test each character as i went along.
big mistake, i get a buzzcrash upon selecting 'fight' (trying to load the css)

so, i started to do each character at a time, if it works, backing up my common5, if it freezes, skip that character and try the next.

Id still like to hear if anyone has ideas on why things may be going wrong though.
especially since the portraits are some ive used before fine.

So far, ive had kirby, sheik, ganon, GaW, pit and olimar freeze up.

all csp are around 20kb. all are 128x160.

any help is appreciated.

Cheers

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
My suggestion would be to check the format of the CSPs, the issue could be that they are not formatted the same way as their counterparts, CMPR, C18, etc.

If that's not the case, then it could be that your common5.pac has actually exceeded the file size limit, I don't remember exactly what that is, but that could also be the issue.

andzrej

Project Z Curator
Make sure that they are .png and formatted with CMPR or CI8.

Narpas_sword

yup, checked all that, even changed the ones from c18 to cmpr ot reduce the file size.

i have a feeling it may be something just straight up stupid on my part.

i think as i save the common5, then click to exit, i may close it too quick =/

hoping this is the case, and retrying them all again

// well, it wasnt that =/

edit2:

i started another c5 from an older backup, and it seems to be working again, think i may have corrupted the one i was workign on (if thats possible)

Last edited:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
yup, checked all that, even changed the ones from c18 to cmpr ot reduce the file size.

i have a feeling it may be something just straight up stupid on my part.

i think as i save the common5, then click to exit, i may close it too quick =/

hoping this is the case, and retrying them all again

// well, it wasnt that =/

edit2:

i started another c5 from an older backup, and it seems to be working again, think i may have corrupted the one i was workign on (if thats possible)
Strangely enough, I'm having issues replacing CSPs in cBliss as well.

I changed all CSPs to CMPR (except for Olimar's), and it loads fine. But when I try to replace Kirby's Pikachu's, and other's CSPs, it freezes. I don't get it - I'm using the PM 3.6 cBliss template and everything, why would it do that? Any ideas?

Top Bottom