• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for help with a samus PSA.

Narpas_sword

So, yesterday i decided that id have a go at editing Samus' pac file, to give her Dark suit Light and Dark beams instead of plasma and ice.

Had a decent run at it, but am now stuck on a few things. (testing each change got to be a pain, should probably run dolphin next time) Was wondering if anyone with more than a days experience could lend a hand =)

Basically all I'm doing is chucking an 'IF' in to see what costume is being used, then adjusting the gfx displayed for that move appropriately

Things I have changed: (these all work on costume slot 5, ie Darksuit. other slots remain Ice/Plasma)

Ice Fair is now Dark Fair
Ice Dilt is now Dark Dilt
Ice Usmash is now Dark Usmash
Plasma Dilt is now Light Dilt(kept fire burn on opponents, just changed the effect of the Dilt itself, due to Light beam having a burn in Echoes.(if there's a white fire, ill use that, but i cant find one)
Ice Fsmash Starting animation and Hold animations lose the ice crystals and have dark instead.

Things that are semi changed, but have problems:

Plasma Fsmash is now Light Fsmash, But the diagonal tilts now have no GFX
Taunt has a dark/light effect. But only works if you face right (lol, no idea how i changed that)

Things I don't know how to change:
Basically anything that calls a sub-routine. I tried to change one and got results that werent, uh, satisfactory.

Tried to change the rest of ice Fsmash (which gets called in a sub) but this resulted in all four versions of Fsmash (i.e ice, plasma, dark, light) not having any hitbox at all.

Plasma Fair and Usmash, have weird subroutines that I don't want to fiddle with after my Fsmash experience =p

So in all, that's 4/9 things right, 3/9 semi right and 2 things not yet right.

Anyone got any ideas on what to do about Fair/Usmash/diagonal smashes and taunt facing left?

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
For the Taunt and Side Smash, you need to have the Goto Offsets mach the Offset that they're directed to.

Narpas_sword

Cheers man, ill look into it.

edit// Ok, so for the taunt, i see that AppealSR has an offset '0x027D10'
appealSL had Goto 0x00022BAC

i figure, open that, change the offset to 0x027D10' and it should work.
Except it just freezes when i hit taunt while facing left now =/

Last edited:

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
This thread is may a bit old, but how far are you with Samus right now? I would like to give Samus additional Beams and not just replacing them. But I have no idea where to start, so I thought you could tell me a bit about How-to.

Narpas_sword

i didnt get much further than OP tbh, i got a few more moves done, then found a bug back a few versions, and had to revert. then i stopped being unemployed....

i could flick the unfinished PSA up if you like. I kinda got out of my experience when i realised that changing lines messed up subroutines.

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
Actually, it would be best to just remove the "Go to's" and paste the whole code which was/is in the "Go To" Tab.
However, I'm still stucked at understanding how exactly the specials work at all. My PSA knowledge is pretty limited and I thought that the key for the switch between her beams is in one of her taunts. But there was nothing. So I guess that they just used a "If case" in the beam affected attacks to make it work. Something like "If taunt was used". But that's already too complicated for me.

Sigh. Working with PSA is a real pain. :D

Last edited:

Meecrob

Smash Rookie
I can't find a boolean value in the Appeal Main tabs. Are they in SFX, GFX or Others? Where exactly is it? :s

Top Bottom