• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a bit of critiquing

Asper-60

Smash Rookie
Asper(falco) Vs. Smooth Criminal(sheik)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2H6YH06FgI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5XCzmRDEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysb72o6JHIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEu2B5KjQZA

I have a basic idea of some issues I have but I'm interested to see what le community has to say overall, unfortunately these are the most recent matches that I have recordings of. I say unfortunately only because these were the day before I started teching into a shine after getting D-thrown by sheik.

Edit: I'm really sorry about the quality of the match of FD, the tv we were using projects the image from the iris and the camcorder I use takes a second to adjust to changes in brightness so the picture looks terribad when the stage transitions =(

LLDL

Smash Hero
You've got the basics down. But heres my advice as for now:

You need to be a little smarter with your lazers - I saw that when Fsmashed sheik, you just aimlessly shot some short hop lazers, it would've been more effective to gain as much distance you could to the edge, and shoot some full jump double lazers at him.

You actually full jump a little too much. Full jumping isn't a bad thing, but the way you play now, it gave sheik alot of time to predict where you were going to land, or possibly just ariel attack you.

when you get chain grabbed, I see that there were many times where you coudlve f-smashed or even jumped, but you stood there. When sheik down throws you, you need to pay a little closer attention for those fractions of seconds where you're free and can evade or counter.

Your recovery is a little too predictable. I don't mean to use up B or side be every single time, but you always seem to do your side-b in the same two recovery spots, which is wither directly for the ledge, or above a little. Try to switch the spots of your recovery to higher and lower positions so that your opponent will be less likely to edge guard you on the way up.

I notied that every-time you grabbed, you downthrow, which is a pretty bad habit. As you start playing better players, they will tech it every time, leaving you standing there for a few frames. I suggest grabbing, Punching once at low percents, to either up throw or f-throw. that way, you put some distance immediately and do more damage.

Thats all I have for now, I don't want to overwhelm you with advice, as the list can keep going. Just work on these main points, and try to work on your speed (your fluent and complete control of falco) and your falco should improve drastically. And you need to shoot alot more lazers.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
ARE YOU SAYING THAT I AM A BAD PLAYER, FLAME?!

IF SO...

You're absolutely right. Thanks for being the first in a long line of tip-giving. I'mma get my friend Asper in here to look at what you're saying.

Smooth Criminal

Asper-60

Smash Rookie
I'll get some of my more recent activities on record as soon as I can, Im proud to say I've actually worked towards alot of what you just said ^.^ but sadly the full jumps are failed short jumps =(

edit: I totally forgot to thank you for your input =X sooooo
thanks <3

D

Deleted member

Predict the shiek's full hops with Full hop triple lasers or Double Hop Double laser. If you want to shorthop more play as Fox for a few weeks, this will help your tech skill immensely.

LLDL

Smash Hero
no problem, and as for the failed short hops, if you practice short hopping with fox, and can constantly do it with fox, then when you try it with falco it will be much easier. Fox has a much harder short hop, so when you switch back, its like cake.

Asper-60

Smash Rookie
alright. I actually just started practicing SHDL on fox as practice for JC shining haha. unfortunately I apparently can't move my fingers fast enough and I havent gotten the rhythm down on most of it but I feel Im pretty close ^.^

moreee videos to come as soon as I can get some game in while my vampire is away.

Top Bottom