• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Look at my Peach now, what you think?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have taken many advice from you all and I started to put them too work. Now here are some matches of my try them out. Yesterday I had a total of 25 matches in a few. I have no idea how I kept going on. And NinjaLink was beasting on me. and was comboing me like nothing at times. then I started to think less as I did in my first matches. I have no idea how I kept going and still winning. I only lose once out of those 25 battles we had. But man did NL (NinjaLink) Gave me the works. Even those I was tired, he did not give me a break. so I felt like I was fighting for my life. I have never had battles like this in my life. I was force to fight and think. also try new things off my mind. I have too give it to NL. this dude put the work on me. LOL (if you read this NL good show and keep it up):)

My only problem is that I dont really know how to edge guard both links and really good. So advice on this please. I would be greatful If I got some on this. thats why I edge guard the way I do. (yea I know, its bad) that why I ask for Help on this. Tell me how im doing in this matches, advice, tips, etc. I know I still have some habits. but im trying to fix them. So ehlp if you can. thanks in advance and injoy this epic matches! (will I think they are epic. its my opinion, but I'll let you all be the judge on that.) ^___________^

There is a total of 25 battle we had I beleive. so here is a few from each character NL used on me.

Peach Vs Link:

Battle 1

Battle 2

Battle 3

Battle 4

Peach Vs Y.Link:

Battle 1

Battle 2

Battle 3

Battle 4

Peach vs Roy:

Battle 1

Battle 2

Battle 3

Battle 4

Battle 5 (last fight of the day)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Only watched the first Link and the first Young Link, but I do have a few comments.

First, nice movement. You finally seem to be getting down how to put pressure on your opponent to lead him into a combo. Keep that up.

Second, don't Dair Young Link's bombs. I'm not exactly sure what you intended to do out of that...

Third, you have generally good aim with turnips, but... keep in mind you don't always have to throw it. Floating gives you access to all your aerials, in case you want to mess with him a bit with mindgames, especially if you're holding a dot-eye or stitchface.

Fourth, edgeguarding. Generally you want to be floating just a bit below ground level, so that if they're clearly going to recover you can Dair -> Nair/Bair as an edgeguard, and if they intend to sweetspot the ledge, you can still Dair combo, or just stop floating and edgehog. Try that. Also, you can try throwing turnips straight downward before they grab the ledge to distract them a bit.

Fifth, might want to recheck your weights on Young Link. Uthrow doesn't combo into things the same way it does to Link.

It's nice to see you improving at such a fast rate, hope my comments help.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
[FO alright. I'll getNT="Garamond"]Oh alright, thanks for the advice and comments. gives me more confidence to [play better and work harder. Im doing the best I can:) [/FONT]

Sariku

Smash Master
Only watched the first Link and the first Young Link, but I do have a few comments.

First, nice movement. You finally seem to be getting down how to put pressure on your opponent to lead him into a combo. Keep that up.

Second, don't Dair Young Link's bombs. I'm not exactly sure what you intended to do out of that...

Third, you have generally good aim with turnips, but... keep in mind you don't always have to throw it. Floating gives you access to all your aerials, in case you want to mess with him a bit with mindgames, especially if you're holding a dot-eye or stitchface.

Fourth, edgeguarding. Generally you want to be floating just a bit below ground level, so that if they're clearly going to recover you can Dair -> Nair/Bair as an edgeguard, and if they intend to sweetspot the ledge, you can still Dair combo, or just stop floating and edgehog. Try that. Also, you can try throwing turnips straight downward before they grab the ledge to distract them a bit.

Fifth, might want to recheck your weights on Young Link. Uthrow doesn't combo into things the same way it does to Link.

I agree on most everthing he said in that, and would like to add a few important things.

> You use Turnips alot. I MEAN ALOT. Thats not necessarly a bad thing, but its not really a good thing either. With you using them like you do, it gives them a mindset thinking that you will throw more turnips for damage. That gives you an advantage to change your stratagy, but it also gives you a disadvantage of sorts, cause you probably will use them again.

> Think before you move. You always look so fidigity, calm down. Peach is probably the most versatile character in the game, maybe besides Kirby. How? One, you can Fly for a short while. That gives you a wide new arange of moves, one as the previous poster said, you can turnip him to death from above. But also think, you can only stay arbone for about 5 seconds. That gives you time for 1, maybe 2 moves. You need to use that as an advantage. You dont have to be high when you fly, you can be just above ground. How does that help? It gives you arial attacks then, that you can use at ground lvl. That can really screw with your oppoment. Peach also has three right/left smashes. The Pan, Gulf Club, and Tennis Racket. They all have different Damage Percentages and ranges, so that can screw him up.

> Lastly... use your umbrella move not only to get up back on bounds, but to attack your oppoment, and my favorite way to use it, DODGE! They're about to Bomb you, you use your umbrella. They think that they got an easy hit, but from there, you can Glide, you can attack them from above before they get to you.

I could go on forever, but I choose those three main things. Hope it helps you, and I hope you do become a pro with her, and I can't wait till Brawl. Me and you can fight. But I wont be as easy as your friend

Sariku

Smash Master

Alright and thanks for the advice and comments. And I'll be ready for you anytime:)
Lol, we'll see. Me and Marth are like, the same person, thats how good I am. I placed Second in a Smash Tourney... -looks macho- Though it was just a Southern Mississippi Tourney, still, theres some really good Smashers Down Here.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh man, I better put all the advice in this thread to work or im gonna get owned by you. *runs to turn on the cube and pratice*

Top Bottom