• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Longer Names!

Peeze

Smash Master
So it seems like Sakurai has listened to our suggestions to get rid of the 4 limit naming scheme.
Notice the "Janey" "elbow" and "Noodl" names?
Does this make you happy? Go!

Darkurai

Smash Master
You are mistaken. It seems that this is only for Wi-Fi mode. Note the Names update. There are no names shown with more than four letters, and on the imput screen, there seems to be just enough room after Tom's name.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Not enough letters for my full handle, guess I'll just shorten to to Sleos then.

Edit: or maby perhaps something else, Lelos or Sculy would work or I could just us SCS as a really short form.

Darkurai

Smash Master
This topic is now about what your five-letter name will be.

@Demon Kirby: Kurai is the japanese word for dark. Dark + Kurai = Darkurai

Shissy

Smash Rookie
It's probably a 5 letter limit hence "noodl" and not "noodle". Sucks for me (Andrew).. Oh well I guess I can just use my nick-name. I didn't bother having a 4 letter name in Melee because it seemed stupid having nothing that fit within the limit.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Name's gonna be Smors, or MetaK, since I'll be a Meta Knight user. (Big surprise)

Think of the possibilities if it was just 1 more letter. We could have names like... "Stupid"... :ohwell:

Darkurai

Smash Master
It's probably a 5 letter limit hence "noodl" and not "noodle". Sucks for me (Andrew).. Oh well I guess I can just use my nick-name. I didn't bother having a 4 letter name in Melee because it seemed stupid having nothing that fit within the limit.
Andy.
</character limit>

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Fail. The only thing it's gonna be good for is putting a space between my name:

Before: RedX
After: Red X

100 limit character please and thank you.
I'm not joking

How does this thread have 0 views?

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
maybe...
just maybe in 12 years I shall put my name in Michael
for now I AM MICHA

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
...Kelxo? Bah, I guess I have to stick with 'SK' again.

Also, if Ganondorf's in the game, no doubt he'll be my icon, regardless if I like him or not (fighting style that is. He's pretty alright with me as far as character goes).

Darkurai

Smash Master
I just realized my name will no longer be pronounced "cry" by those who don't know it's supposed to be "Kurai".

Five characters is good.

DarthWolf42

Smash Cadet
Yay, my bro was upgraded from Jerm to Jermy! Of course, Jeremy will still be mad about that.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
I always wrote Kooichi in Japanese (and still will...こういち^^) but now I can have Kooichi as another separate name for Mi :D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Other than the fact that this is freakin' awesome in more than one way, there's no changes to my name whatsoever.

It was H.F., and now it's...H.F.

Atleast I can put some of my other characters' names in a lot easier...

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
A minor change, but makes me happy. Neither "Pilt" or "Plot" would ever look like "Pilot" and there's a bunch of "Evans" around. But now I can finally put "Pilot" so I'm content.

Top Bottom