• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Island Presents: *Sigh...* Duck, Port Washington, NY 7/31/10

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Hey guys, so I just set up another tournament for our Port Washington venue. Spread the word and help me think of a title lol. It's scheduled to occur the weekend before APEX 2, so we can all get that last minute practice in!

Be sure to check out our AiB thread and click "Attending this event" if you plan on coming to help hype this event:

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10079

Setups:

Will - 1 Wii, 1 Brawl/Melee w/memory card
Kirin- 1 Wii, 1 TV, 1 Brawl
PD - 1 Wii, 1 Brawl
Smashjin- 1 Wii, 3 TV, 1 Brawl, 1 Gamecube, 1 Melee w/memory card
Venue - 2 Wii, 2 TV, 2 Brawl

Also, please bring surge protectors/power strips if you can!!! It would be extremely helpful, thanks!

11:00am-12:30pm

Events:

Melee Doubles 12:30pm-1:30pm, Entry: $10 per teammate
Melee Singles 1:30pm-3:00pm, Entry: $10
Brawl Doubles 3:00pm-5:00pm, Entry: $10 per teammate
Brawl Singles 5:00pm- to be finished asap so as to allow for as many friendlies as we can ^_^, Entry: $10

The venue will be closing by 12:00am midnight, so be sure to have your rides and transportation plans set for that!!

Here is the address of the venue:

TDS Computers and Electronics
933 Port Washington Blvd.
Port Washington, NY 11050

Phone: 516-944-5193

- $5 venue fee
- Convenient location
- Candy bars for sale ($1 each)
- Drinks for sale ($0.75 a can)
- Pizza for sale ($2 for reg. slices and $2.50 for pepperoni slices)

Public Transportation

If you are coming from Manhattan, you can take the train from Penn Station (the Port Washington line) straight to Port Washington- it's the last stop.

Here is the link for the train times:
http://lirr42.mta.info/sfweb/faces/index.jspx

Also, if you click "Fares" it will determine the cost from wherever you are coming from. If you are coming from Penn Station, it should be $6.75 each way, so thats $13.50 round trip. Not bad =P

Ruleset:

Brawl Rules:

* 3 stock
* 8 minute time limit
* Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
* Double Elimination
* IDC is banned
* 50 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 50 ledge grabs you lose that match. )
* Items are OFF including smash ball

Doubles:

* Team attack ON
* Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutrals:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules:

2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

* Standing infinite chain grabs are banned including King Dedede's standing/small step CGs, Marth's standing CGs on Ness/Lucas, DK's cargo release infinite CG on Ness/Lucas, excluding the Ice Climber's standing CGs.
* Excessive "stall" tactics are banned. (IC's infinite chain grabs over 300%, scrooging, etc.)
* Controller Mods are banned Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have SAME STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

Melee Rules:

Neutrals 1v1:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me concerning the tournament, my AIM is smartguy41112 and my cell number is 631-807-7668.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
swedan is gonna be at eggm's sorry will im going there
It's cool. Just so everybody else knows, there probably won't be a melee tournament at this rate, bc it seems like most everyone is going to Eggm's anyway. It helps to let you guys know in advance though.

We'll see how many we get for melee, but if its not enough for a tournament we'll have to settle for a melee friendly setup.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
coming as well, i can bring my wii, what is the stance on having SSBB on USB loader?

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Cyberman's gonna be there :)

LORD CHAIR LETS MM!!!!!!

PS, can anybody give myself / vinnie a ride? We'll be at either mine or his house, whichever is easier for you

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Ha, if someone would have slapped my face and told me to search this category a week ago, i'd have seen the words Long Island plain as day in front of me in the thread listing.

Meh, i guess i'll have to wait for another one to roll around. Then hope i see it. I just wanna wish good luck to anyone who's going to this.

Zucco

Smash Master
yes its still going.
:suess::suess::suess::suess::suess:

Zucco

Smash Master
Chaos Marth posted a twitter in the Atl north thread I think.

Top Bottom