• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lol new vids^_^

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Corneria was pure madness.

I was lollin hard.

Everything from FullCure, to Do-It-Your-Self Kirbicides (Nessicides?) to THUNDER!!! combos.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
<3 match #2. and THUNDER JACKET!!!!!!!!!!
and link's suicide.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You should go kill yourself, Simna. *gives Simna shotgun* Go on, do it. :) :)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
lol so at the tournament that that is from i placed 9th(out 70) at first i was a little sad at my placing, but i looked at the bracket and found that even had i won against TANG(who i happened to tie with) i would have still placed 9th...but it woulda looked so much better on these vids if i like won them all^_^ and i can sooo imagine myself doing that too! lol

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Bah, you're too good Sim, I try playing like you and just fail miserably. Thank god I'm not some pansy who gives up when he doesn't do well.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
lol curry

*uses my moms amazing Bangladeshi cooking to lure Simna to SoVa so I can learn from him*
*uses my moms amazing Romanian cooking to lure Simna to NoVa so I can learn from him AND he gets to play Mow AND Mew2king AND chudat."

I win.

Simna: what do you do for Marth? Everytime I try something I find a sword in between me and him. fair and pk fire aren't working for me (or running attack...)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
They're like, within the same week. BTW, I checked and I PROBABLY won't be around then, but I might be up in Sacramento around the 14th-18th, if you're still around then, we should try to hook up and Smash.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
*uses my moms amazing Romanian cooking to lure Simna to NoVa so I can learn from him AND he gets to play Mow AND Mew2king AND chudat."
*drives up to NoVa*

as for Marth...if you can make an opening for a fair, but he Crouches it into a poke...maybe you can try it a couple more times to make him think you'll keep doing it and then dash at him like you were going to DJC fair again, but then just do a dash attack which will pop him up and then do what you wish [I haven't had enough experience against GOOD Marth players with Ness so I'm witholding a thorough description]

...also, don't try upthrow-PKT, he's kinda floaty and he he has really good stun-recovery speed, so he'll easily dodge it and come back and punish you before you can swing it around...unless you predict the dodge and you already start swinging it in his direction, but even then it's not really practical.

stick to uair-bair combos...I don't think there are any great ways to combo Marth beyond a 2 or maybe 3 hit combo...just...rack up damage and go for a killing blow. Also, I think that maybe [huuuge maybe since I've only tried this a couple times] if you can space yourself correctly and bait a f-smash out of marth, if you're just out of range of his sword, his swing will put him in range for the bat [so long as the sword has mostly swung all the way as the bat is coming out, otherwise, maybe they'll clank?]

also, and I'm sure I've stressed this before, if you haven't gotten this down already, master the full wavedashes. it'll save your *** against Marth's sword. also dashing into full wavedashes [actually dash->WD is fine too] makes Ness extremely fast and you can mix it up a whole bunch between dashdancing-->full-WD-->DJC'ed aerial [or u/f-tilt, maybe grab?]...the good thing about starting out with the dashdance is that WDing from it allows you to either DJC fair or bair [like in the Greta vid when he's against Yoshi.....is that..Yannick? iunno...but yeah, just watch that and you'll see what I mean]

the only good way to land PKfire is to make Marth miss first and hit him with it while he's attacking, the fact that PKfire dash-cancels helps too. or if you can manage to make him follow you into the air [as you float backward] and then nail him...I don't know if any of Marth's aerials can cancel out PKfire

I'm not that experienced of a Ness player when it comes to going against really good people, so if any of what I said sounds impractical to those who are probably better than me, please lemme know or give some additional pointers

thanks

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
vs. marth u gotta know his tipper range and the range closer in than his tipper that is still outside of your tilt range

You should at all times be outside the range of marth's tipper or have him inside the range of your tilts.

combo him from dash attack and if you get close in use your faster attacks to avoid his grab and keep to his back to prevent that as well.

If you are staying outside of his tipper range then it wont be too hard for u to dodge and abuse him when he advances on you with most attacks(especially the ones a marthw ill try on you first), but the one attack you really wanna be careful of when marth advances on you moreso than the others is his dash attack. Its not incredibly powerful, but it comes out faster and is far less telegraphed than any other moves marth can do while advancing on you in any area or form be it dash, walk, initial dash, wavedash, or in the air

that's not to say that you shouldnt beware of other things, but if my experience is worth anything then you will have an easier time avoiding things other than dash attack from marth...also shield is good but it far better to just not be in the way of marth's attacks

now for advancing against marth dash attack is your best, but marth has a few things he can do about that...and your opponent will probably catch on. This, however, will open him up to getting hit by other attack good for comboing like fair and dair and whatnot. Also, marth will most likely start being careful when he first learns what your dash attack can do to him so he will start playing the same spacing game as you. You will want to keep an eye on the distance between u and him at all times. In this situation, something i've found to be useful while retreating in the air is a pk fire^_^...not something to spam at every possible moment, but it works for me more than it doesnt(then again i dont spam it^_^)

oh and FFS USE THE DEATH-TO-MARTH AUTO-EDGEHOG MANEUVER! With Ness you don't even need to light-shield...just roll to the edge and angle your shield...if he tries to sweetspot the edge then it will knock you off the stage and you will hog him...very safe and effective edgehog if you pay attention to your opponent's recovery

EDIT: also, i can vouch for what toasty said about batting marth out of his own fsmash, but its difficult since marth's fsmash comes out and the hitboxes end before ness' hitboxes come out...the key is to have your fsmash charging beforehand. If you expect marth is gonna tipper space a fsmash vs. you you can start charging an fsmash before he has time to change his plans then just as he starts to use his perfect-spaced tipper fsmash you release your smash and it will knock him out cause his fsmash lunges forward and his hand is vulnerable before his attack reaches you. This is very hard tho and requires great intelligence and experience as you will need to be in the charging postition of your fsmash before marth even starts his own.

Top Bottom