• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lol Here's me failing completely...

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Someone over at the nsider 2 forums was offering challengers to fight in a filmed match for Youtube. Needless to say, I got my butt handed to me. :laugh: I won a few matches, but for the most part this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZqnGReRNqE&feature=channel_page (refresh if it's not working, but you probably want to stop watching after 0:21 unless you want to die laughing from the intense level of fail)

What it was supposed to look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTlLMIgJO8E

I think... needs moar up smash/Bair/spot dodge/general awesomeness.
Oh well, what do you guys think?

Commence with the lols.
=P
kabuto

Rocann

Smash Lord
There wasn't an intense lack of any one specific thing, it just seemed like you didn't ever try to read your opponent at all. Smash Bros. in general and Olimar specifically are completely reaction-based. You see he's doing those stomp things, don't just keep upsmashing, move out of the way of one and grab. Skill won't get you anywhere on its own.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
To put it simply, you were just too careless. I know its hard to take bottom tiers seriously (lol) but ganon can pack a punch (or a warlock punch). Also, grab moar >.>

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Echo doesn't camp enough. He only one stocked the Ganon.

Just be more patient.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
OK, I got

-grab more
-more patient/camp a bit more (I've been really improving my short-hopped retreating throws)
-No underestimating "low tiers" if I want to win. >:U
-Try to predict the actions of foes better... obviously the biggest thing. Ganon's downair pwned me everytime he did it., and it's pretty easy to see coming.

Any tips on Fox, btw? I HATE his up-tilt, I'm sure you guys all know what I'm talking about.

Thanks a ton guys. I really value your imput. :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Think about why you got hit with uptilt in the first place. Usually, it's because of dair. (at least for me it is) Focus on avoiding and shieldgrabbing his dair and uptilt won't be as big a problem. Upair and uptilt beat his dair, but upsmash won't. Pivotgrabs help tremendously as well.

I like to play the matchup just as I do against Wario, but I'm more cautious of Fox's ground speed, lesser aerial maneuverability than Wario of course, and how early he kills with that upsmash- another attack that's great out of a dair.

So Hylian didn't like my awesome thread, eh?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Think about why you got hit with uptilt in the first place. Usually, it's because of dair. (at least for me it is) Focus on avoiding and shieldgrabbing his dair and uptilt won't be as big a problem. Upair and uptilt beat his dair, but upsmash won't. Pivotgrabs help tremendously as well.

I like to play the matchup just as I do against Wario, but I'm more cautious of Fox's ground speed, lesser aerial maneuverability than Wario of course, and how early he kills with that upsmash- another attack that's great out of a dair.

So Hylian didn't like my awesome thread, eh?
Not really, no.

asob4

Smash Champion
hylian ruined a great thread because he was "doing his job"
sheesh lol
jk don't ban me >.<

anyway on topic, i'll watch it when i get home, i got finals right now

asob4

Smash Champion
shield grab and pivot grab

also you need to learn how to predict your opponent and pay close attention to your pikmin line

Top Bottom