• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Locked characters are playable in Smash Tour. Seriously disappointed.

thedufe

Smash Rookie
After playing a bit of Smash Tour I noticed that I was randomly matched playing as characters I hadn't even unlocked yet. I played a match as falco, then unlocked him a few minutes later. Seems pretty ****ty considering one of my favourite childhood memories was hearing that iconic alarm in melee (sadly not present in this one) and losing my **** knowing I could actually play as Ganondorf in smash bros. Anyone else kind of sad that the locked characters are spoiled in the Wii U version?

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Deleted message.

Last edited:

thedufe

Smash Rookie
Of coarse it doesn't affect me personally but it sucks for the kids playing it.

Ephemiel

Smash Cadet
I'm 100% sure no kid disliked the fact that they could use locked characters in Smash Tour. In fact, I'm sure they LOVED the fact they could, it meant they still haven't unlocked someone.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
It is an odd choice. If you're in Event Mode or looking at the Challenges, if it's referring to a character you haven't unlocked yet it just says ??????. Not that it really affected me, as I already knew who all the characters were and I had everyone unlocked within two days of getting the game.

Top Bottom