• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
idk...if this is a bad idea but i wanna show off houstons skillz featuring houstons smasher...it basically going to be a combo vid of all houston...if you think this is a good idea quote this post

also if ya already have combo vids send them to me and i will put some of it in there

if this goes as planned i would have it ready probably by febraury

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Doesn't Gimpyfish put his name as "B-UP" or something in the game? lol people KNOW they're going to be hit by his up-b. A lot.
Actually, after the first match or two, I almost never got hit by gimpy's upB. Like TGM said, its just a matter of not spacing poorly.
Not ragging on gimpy or anything though, he's an amazing guy, and unbelievably good with boozer.

Man, I wanted to go to the club thing :ohwell:

heytallman

CTALL
idk...if this is a bad idea but i wanna show off houstons skillz featuring houstons smasher...it basically going to be a combo vid of all houston...if you think this is a good idea quote this post

also if ya already have combo vids send them to me and i will put some of it in there

This sounds pretty cool, I could put together a little something with Jigglypuff I guess.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
To james: i did quit but not "100% ill never look at smash again and isolate myself in my room with books and work". I couldnt bring myself to that. Im kinda like scav now......ill play ONLY when it can be fit into me list of things to do.
lol so before now you played smash even when it was impossible to fit into your list of things to do? wrizong, you're another person that made a long dramatic post about them quitting A VIDEO GAME only to continue to play it close to if not just as regularly as you did before.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Merry Christmas everyone. ;;)

I will be dining on turkey and Bacardi tonight with my shot glass straight from "the boot" itself.

Good day.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
To james: i did quit but not "100% ill never look at smash again and isolate myself in my room with books and work". I couldnt bring myself to that. Im kinda like scav now......ill play ONLY when it can be fit into me list of things to do.
so...before you "quit", you played smash even when it was impossible for you to fit it into your list of things to do? i'm so tired of people making long dramatic posts about them quitting smash only to continue playing close to if not just as regularly as they did before. at least 5 people in houston have done this and they all still play lol, wow

and a houston combo video sounds good but if i were you i would keep it to like 5 people, me ronnie sethlon roy and gabe. i would say allan but allan doesn't really combo plus he quit smash anyway i heard

onii-chan

Smash Ace
and a houston combo video sounds good but if i were you i would keep it to like 5 people, me ronnie sethlon roy and gabe. i would say allan but allan doesn't really combo plus he quit smash anyway i heard
nah...i wanna show everyone that post on the houston boards (or people who is interested in it) just putting a few people in there wouldn't be enough i wanna go all out

tgm...go ahead and quit but soon you will be back playing (you are going to crave it like a crackhead wanting some crack!)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
tgm...go ahead and quit but soon you will be back playing (you are going to crave it like a crackhead wanting some crack!)
I thought you were cappin on mouf at first LOL! I was like ****! DRAMA.

By the way I was wondering who dosn't have a nintendo wii in houston?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
what reason would i have to cap on the guy i don't even know him...

i don't have a wii because i have a better system its called: XBOX 360
cause thats how houston is.

and 360 sucks, it breaks down for no reason, andcant even play halo 3 its mainstream game.

heytallman

CTALL
and 360 sucks, it breaks down for no reason, andcant even play halo 3 its mainstream game.
360 doesn't suck, and it doesn't just have Halo 3. It has tons of other shooters that are good too! Srsly though, I can't think of any really big 360 games that aren't shooters, except for like, Guitar Hero and Rock band. But those are both multiplatform games, too. Yeah 360 has only shooters.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Dead Rising? Bioshock? (Well, bioshock is first person, but its alot of stuff other than just shooting...)

heytallman

CTALL
Oh yeah, forgot about Dead Rising...I'm going to get that game ASAP, considering I DO get a 360 tomorrow. I guess I exaggerated a little bit with the shooters, but I was thinking of games for 360 and I thought of Halo, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, and The Orange Box. And Bioshock, too, but that one I guess, as you said, has lots of stuff besides shooting.

Also Merry Christmas to everyone on the boards.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
360 is an american system and americans like there guns.

The wii has some games... but honestly I only want brawl. Cant think of nothing else....
When I had my 360 all I wanted was Halo 3, and Assassins Creed. Thats why I sold it.
PS3, ... um... No.

Anyways I mean if you got the money to have a 360 and wii more power to you... we should money match then... $1,000? To tall.

By the way peeps need to come play me I finally got fired at meh job. Most Anyone can come. Unless I dont like you which is alot of you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A Houston combo video would be nice to have. It wouldn't have to feature ONLY the top players of Houston though, because plenty of people here have done at least one incredibly sick/amazing combo on the fly. I've seen quite a few things in the past few Houston events by various people that were definitely worthy of being in a video but weren't recorded. Combo videos highlight the best out of everyone. ;)

It would take a few hours of play time plus editing...and someone who is really dedicated to do all of this. :)

Ronnie, we will play, I swear. Just go easy on me. :( You were at the club? Lawl

Also, someone have STD for DV8? Good times....good times.

I've also started trying to memorize various aspects about the game. Sadly, it won't matter in two months...

heytallman

CTALL
Anyways I mean if you got the money to have a 360 and wii more power to you... we should money match then... $1,000? To tall.
Dude, I'm broke.

My parents are the ones buying my Christmas stuffs, if you want a money match, talk to them. Although they know NOTHING about the game, except my dad knows about Wobbuffet, and that's about it.

Plus I know you'd **** (don't get too cocky, Star Fo- I mean, Jeremy)

TGM

Smash Lord
it would be cool being in the combo vid but i dont do combos........

tgm combo should be in their

Trashday

Smash Rookie
I posted in the trasday 4 thread, but I wanted to know what do you guys want for trashday, brawl or melee? it's only 4 months away....

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
Ooh that snake is nice, son!

Hey hey, Jeremy! You want to play this thursday? I can try to get there when it's still mornin. Like me leavin around 7am. That's like 2 hours max, but it'll be kool..

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Ooh that snake is nice, son!

Hey hey, Jeremy! You want to play this thursday? I can try to get there when it's still mornin. Like me leavin around 7am. That's like 2 hours max, but it'll be kool..
Yeh come over thursday...but explain what you mean 1st...

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Merry christmas, nubs.

I posted in the trasday 4 thread, but I wanted to know what do you guys want for trashday, brawl or melee? it's only 4 months away....
The general consensus will probably be brawl. But since its not out yet and all, it might suck, so we might change our mind.

TGM

Smash Lord
Brawl is the future of smash. plz make it brawl. most people will get the game so thats another reason to make it brawl.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
HOUSTON THREAD! (Tourney=Dec 23rd=bring tv/wii/ssbm!)

Is the title lying to me? I hate that.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
uhh i think there was like a smashfest but i dunno, but from now on if theres a houston tourney just assume that i won

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There was a smashfest only. A tourney was suggested but no one was interested. I blame it on Christmas shopping. Yep, Houston has mindgamed you bluezaft.

Also, please Brawl. People are worrying the game will suck when it ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. Lawl.

And Merry Christmas, everyone. I wish everyone good times and good health. :)

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord

sounds good to me i will falcon combo you marth combo you jiggly puff combo you fox combo you pikachu combo yousamus combo you and sheik combo you and sure ganondorf you and we can record it (i use all those chars i now im a newb....)

dawn001

Smash Ace
sounds good to me i will falcon combo you marth combo you jiggly puff combo you fox combo you pikachu combo yousamus combo you and sheik combo you and sure ganondorf you and we can record it (i use all those chars i now im a newb....)
yo yo yo me and you need to play now that am back in houston!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!!!!!

FROM DAWN'S CREW
DAWN
SHOK
KAGE
VOID
NEON
PATH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom