• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Loading Project M with Uloader?

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Hi everyone. I need some help.

I borrowed brawl from a friend about a month or 2 ago, downloaded project m, and played it. I played it a lot. Recently I've had to return brawl to my friend. I still wanted to play project m so I downloaded a brawl iso, burnt it, and I run it through a usb dvd drive and uloader since I have a black wii which doesn't support burnt dvds in any way,shape or form. Anyway, brawl plays fine through uloader, but now I am trying to run project m. When I load up brawl uloader gives me the option to "load cheat codes" and I assume that it is talking about project m. I tell it to load the codes and the game just hangs on a black screen. It never loads. I have tried 3 or 4 different hooktypes as well. Am I using the wrong hooktype? Should I reinstall project m with a different method? (I currently have it installed with the homebrew wifi set that you load from hbc with gecko.) What am I doing wrong? Help is appreciated.
Thanks

EDIT: I think I may have found my solution. I'm trying the hackless method. If this doesn't work I will update the thread.

EDIT: When I try to boot gecko from stage builder it gives me the impression that it's booting but after about 5-10 seconds it freezes and gives me the "exception occured" screen. I'll keep messing around with it but I'm still open to help. Thank you

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
It's generally better to run it from a flashdrive or other HDD, not a (burnt) disc. I use CGF loader with a 16GB flashdrive and a few other games, no problems ever.

Top Bottom