• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lloyd Irving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman

Lloyd Irving. Main character of Tales of Symphonia. He's not all that unique, but, he does have some very good properties. The way he fights is vastly different from other sword fighters, and he could have a very unique moveset.

A-Slash, he slashes diagonally from right to left.
AA-Twin Slash, he slashes diagonally from right to left, and then to the right once more.
AAA-Spin Slash-he slashes diagonally from the right, to the left, to the right, and then spins with his swords out.

FwdA-He slashes up and then down.
DwnA-He stabs forwards.
UpA-He slashes overhead.

B-Demon Fang, a shockwave moves across the ground. A traditional attack from the Tales series.
FwdB-Sonic Thrust, a high speed stab that breaks the sound barrier. Another traditional Tales attack.
DwnB-Sword Rain, an quick attack, made up of three-five high speed stabs, and a fourth-sixth harder stab. This is another traditional Tales attack.
UpB-Tempest, an attack that spins Lloyd through the air with his swords out. Yet another traditional Tales attack.

UAir-He slashes overhead and behind him.
DAir-He slashes below and in front of him.
FAir-He stabs with both swords in front of him
BAir-He kicks behind him.

Final Smash a.k.a. B.A.C.O.N.-Falcon's Crest/Tenshou Souhazan, where he uses his weapons, the Flamberge and Vorpal Sword to summon the Eternal Sword, and once he does this, a magic circle will appear underneath him, and energy swirls up and around him as he rises into the air. Once he does this, he will fly down with a slash, and another powerful swirl of energy comes up from the ground, doing heavy damage to the enemy but with very little knock back. Watch this video for a better idea of the attack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xhtmpw_L_c

Sooooooo, how do you all like it? Criticize it, flame it, I don't really mind.

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
its a real creative idea and it seems like a good move set and true to the game,but i highly doubt llyod will make it in brawl but if he does i will definitely be going with your move set

cccck

Smash Journeyman
it COULD work... but SHOULD he be in? his moves could be done, easly... just steal moves from his moveset in his game, and he would not be the same old sword fighter... but...

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
it COULD work... but SHOULD he be in? his moves could be done, easly... just steal moves from his moveset in his game, and he would not be the same old sword fighter... but...
He could be a decent representative of Namco Bandai, and there IS the fact that the Tales series' roots are on the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo, right?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Oh! I have an idea for a ToS assist!....SHEENA!!! She summons a random Spirit to attack everyone! XD
Yeah! That's a great one! Maybe Raine could be one, where she heals the person who brought her out? Or if Genis was one, he could use Meteor Storm. And if..Kratos was one.......he could use a wimpy version of Shining Bind? Zelos could use Thunder Blade...Collette..she can trip and fall one someone! :chuckle:

WarxePB

Smash Ace
While Lloyd would work as an excellent Smash character (Tales' Linear Motion battle system is similar to the Smash games, save for the aerial elements), there's a very low chance it'll happen.

1. If Namco wanted to lend a representative to Smash, it would be Pac-Man. Pac-Man has crossed over with Nintendo in Mario Kart GP, so it's not unprecedented.
2. Cless/Cress is a far more popular character than Lloyd (in Japan, anyways), so he would likely be the first Tales rep. And the movesets of the main protagonists in the Tales series are all pretty similar to each other, making Lloyd essentially a clone.
3. The Tales series isn't as well-known over here. While believable third-party reps like Pac-Man, Sonic or Megaman are known pretty much everywhere, the same can't be said for Lloyd.
4. Kratos is far cooler than Lloyd anyways. :p

0rion

Smash Journeyman

Lloyd Irving. Main character of Tales of Symphonia. He's not all that unique, but, he does have some very good properties. The way he fights is vastly different from other sword fighters, and he could have a very unique moveset.

A-Slash, he slashes diagonally from right to left.
AA-Twin Slash, he slashes diagonally from right to left, and then to the right once more.
AAA-Spin Slash-he slashes diagonally from the right, to the left, to the right, and then spins with his swords out.

FwdA-He slashes up and then down.
DwnA-He stabs forwards.
UpA-He slashes overhead.

B-Demon Fang, a shockwave moves across the ground. A traditional attack from the Tales series.
FwdB-Sonic Thrust, a high speed stab that breaks the sound barrier. Another traditional Tales attack.
DwnB-Sword Rain, an quick attack, made up of three-five high speed stabs, and a fourth-sixth harder stab. This is another traditional Tales attack.
UpB-Tempest, an attack that spins Lloyd through the air with his swords out. Yet another traditional Tales attack.

UAir-He slashes overhead and behind him.
DAir-He slashes below and in front of him.
FAir-He stabs with both swords in front of him
BAir-He kicks behind him.

Final Smash a.k.a. B.A.C.O.N.-Falcon's Crest/Tenshou Souhazan, where he uses his weapons, the Flamberge and Vorpal Sword to summon the Eternal Sword, and once he does this, a magic circle will appear underneath him, and energy swirls up and around him as he rises into the air. Once he does this, he will fly down with a slash, and another powerful swirl of energy comes up from the ground, doing heavy damage to the enemy but with very little knock back. Watch this video for a better idea of the attack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xhtmpw_L_c

Sooooooo, how do you all like it? Criticize it, flame it, I don't really mind.
^^Do I like it, r u freakin kiddin me!? I love it cuz! Mannnnn if only Nintendo added da heart and soul of da Tale of Symphonia series! He'd be a shoe-in fo sho!

Note: Da Brawl Character Section needs more character suggestions like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom