• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - March 21st-22nd 2k9 - Montreal, Canada

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
Dial up and Smashboards really don't go well together, so I don't go here often, and I post even less by nature. >_>

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'll make Quebec a deal. I'll come to this tournament with a car of 5 top tier GTA players if the top 5 in Quebec come to Wugwan Breda: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214592.

US players are coming up for this tournament too, so it would be a good opportunity to own and such, not to mention that it will be a quick bit of cash for Ally ;P

BentoBox

Smash Master
So, after all the CoT4 related drama, it has dawned upon me that it is simply impossible to enforce a no-stalling rule.

You might want to consider making Norfair a banned stage... Just saying.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So, after all the CoT4 related drama, it has dawned upon me that it is simply impossible to enforce a no-stalling rule.

You might want to consider making Norfair a banned stage... Just saying.
Do as he says. trust me, it is not cute.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. I can maybe house some people if those people don't mind travelling for about 1 hour to get to the venue by public transport and obviously pay extra money for that. I have a pretty big house. =P

D

Deleted member

i was making a joke if you played me onlie you would see that my taunt is COUNT IT the noob part was to be funny sorry if i offended anyone

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
so yeah depending if I can get a ride I'm coming to this, hopefully a full set-up

don't know why I didn't respond earlier..........

WAIT NORFAIR IS BANNED!!!!?????

people this really hurts players like me that rely on a strong counter when playing a low-tier, I will personally right an essay of why this stage should be legal

Divinokage

Smash Legend
so yeah depending if I can get a ride I'm coming to this, hopefully a full set-up

don't know why I didn't respond earlier..........

WAIT NORFAIR IS BANNED!!!!?????

people this really hurts players like me that rely on a strong counter when playing a low-tier, I will personally right an essay of why this stage should be legal
A counter pick stage should not determine players skill overall.

Roustane do what I do, ask for a spot in a car and offer housing to multiple cars.
Then I will do that. lol.. I'm not sure what I should say but whoever has a car can house at my place. PM me lol.

Percon

Smash Lord
Hey Montreal, sorry for flopping on you a few weekends ago; my parents wanted me to spend time with my "family". Whatever that meant.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure when, but as I said I'm going to be in Montreal over March break. I might need housing for a day or two BEFORE the tournament. I promise I'll pay for any expenses of being at people's houses and I'll give all the friendlies you can handle. I'm pretty sure I can get a ride wherever but once dropped off I'm on my own. Ambrose is driving me home after the tournament.

If I need such a housing thing, would someone be willing to put up with me?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
A counter pick stage should not determine players skill overall.
yeah but it can make the difference between a win and a loss, for Falcon Norfair allows for more recovery options...........like MK's Dair prioritizes my up-B..........on FD what am I supposed to do against that?

that what counters are used for, they allow the stage to make up for some character's flaws.

I can see your point but it's a perfectly legal stage, bringing up the argument that stalling is promoted should be ignored because any character can stall on any stage if they want to........

how are you going to stop it really? I lost to Ulevo this way and just accepted it.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
a car of 5top tier GTA players
we should have like the top 5 in your car and like the next 5 are like in a seperate car rolling behind your car so when we get in the tourney the whole titans are there, i guess.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Hey Montreal, sorry for flopping on you a few weekends ago; my parents wanted me to spend time with my "family". Whatever that meant.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure when, but as I said I'm going to be in Montreal over March break. I might need housing for a day or two BEFORE the tournament. I promise I'll pay for any expenses of being at people's houses and I'll give all the friendlies you can handle. I'm pretty sure I can get a ride wherever but once dropped off I'm on my own. Ambrose is driving me home after the tournament.

If I need such a housing thing, would someone be willing to put up with me?
percon I'll house you, but I need exact dates since I wont be back to canada until the 12th or 15th

Sanu

Smash Champion
You guys are making too big a deal of my car having 5 "top tier" players, lol.

I'm serious though, if Quebec doesn't come to Wugwan Breda I and my car (passengers pending the accepting of this offer) is not going to this... especially after we've had a drought of melee tournaments on the EC here. You better have read these posts Kage/Vwins/pkm/Bam/Chesterr!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys are making too big a deal of my car having 5 "top tier" players, lol.

I'm serious though, if Quebec doesn't come to Wugwan Breda I and my car (passengers pending the accepting of this offer) is not going to this... especially after we've had a drought of melee tournaments on the EC here. You better have read these posts Kage/Vwins/pkm/Bam/Chesterr!
we're are supposed to go to this.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Cool beans, hit me up if you guys need housing for it then. Guess I have to go to Quebec in March now <.<

Spots

1- Imadh
2 -
3 -
4 -

Oh and Stos: I doubt the other car will be able to keep up <.<;

Sanu

Smash Champion
Cool beans, hit me up if you guys need housing for it then. Guess I have to go to Quebec in March now <.<

Spots

1- Imadh
2 -
3 -
4 -

Oh and Stos: I doubt the other car will be able to keep up <.<;
With this being said, has housing for the melee GTA scene been discussed? If not... umm, discuss? <.<

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'll house people after day 1 since Bam will come back to my house. So whoever wants to come in his car or with other people feel free to come. It'll be nice, friendlies + the high warriors. =P

Top Bottom